Thread: AO - the only game that gets me so mad I see red

AO - the only game that gets me so mad I see red

I play MMORPGs cause I like the immersive environment, and I like the social aspect of the games. No other MMORPG has been able to infuriate me like AO can. I get soooo pissed off.

Tonight I logged on and I was in Rome green, and I go to zone out to take the whompa to Omni Ent, and I was disoriented so I went out the wrong zone, but the only thing is, I never zoned, I just passed right through the zone. Realizing that I didnt zone, I tried to get back on the other side of the zone but I couldnt get back through. There was another person there in the same predicament... and thats how my night started.

I ran into mobs shooting me through walls in missions (still not fixed), to growing more and more frustrated by the ability of the mobs to continually cast root or a dot right as they die, so I have to stand there doing nothing for several minutes, or I sit there bleeding for a few minutes. Its ridiculous and stupid AI. No PC is gonna waste his time throwing a dot on you, when they are almost dead and you are near full health, its pointless. Same thing with casting root with your last breath. Why? are you trying to keep them from running away from your corpse? Man I cant tell you how much that pisses me off. Not to mention that with maxed out nano resists, greens and greys can land every single nano on me with no problem. Do you even do a resistance check when npcs cast on pcs? I doubt it... I know npcs can resist nanos real well. My MP was getting resisted every other time he cast the other night....

I just continually run into bugs which make my gaming experience less fun, or I run into poorly designed aspects of the game and it hinders my fun. No other game has been able to piss me off like AO. And the sad thing is I am just 1 in thousands of angry customers, so my voice wont mean anything to funcom.

If I wasnt so sick of EQ and if DAoC wasnt so gawd awful boring, I wouldnt even be bothering with this game... plus I prefer sci fi over fantasy... long time to wait til SWG comes out

I hear you... I am waiting for

a) AO to become a real game that I can enjoy *relatively* bug free

or

b) shadowbane (with eyes on horizons when it comes out)

I like the sci fi though

The biggest complaint I have is that a bug (mobs double hitting for example) will not get fixed until someone figures out HOW they are doing it and turns it into an exploit where they can double hit all the time. Then the equivilant of "q" tapping for enforcers with hammers exists again!!!!! Then they will go and fix the exploit without fixing the reasons mob's double hit in the first place. What kind of mentality is that! (not to mention that they will make 10 new bugs fixing the exploit that only hurt players and will not be fixed til someone else figures out how to exploit it)

Question really

You play MMORPGs because you like them, but at the same time you're sick / bored with most of them. Should anyone be taking your complaints seriously now ?
    1 in thousands ? I have yet to meet anyone in-game complaining about something, and those on the boards you constantly hear aren't thousands.

It wouldn't make you so angry if you didn't like the game...

Hate is a form of love after all :)

Re: really

Originally posted by reality
    You play MMORPGs because you like them, but at the same time you're sick / bored with most of them. Should anyone be taking your complaints seriously now ?
    1 in thousands ? I have yet to meet anyone in-game complaining about something, and those on the boards you constantly hear aren't thousands.
    all I am sick of are the massive bugs/exploits in this game that get WORSE with each patch.. found a MAJOR bug/exploit with meta's today.. reported it, probably get another emergency patch in a day or two to fix it :-/

and if you never met anyone in the game that complains about all the buggs then you are a rare jewel of rubika! I hear LOTS of people complaining ALL the time. We use gamevoice for my clan and I get so sick of hearing people complain (even if fully justified) that I sometimes want to just shut it down so I dont have to hear it.

or maybe your in the bar RPing with the level 10doc in the cute outfit hehe
    Last edited by Yazule; Nov 21st, 2001 at 16:17:30.

It wouldn't make you so angry if you didn't like the game...

Hate is a form of love after all
    This is true. When I wrote this last night I was so frustrated and angry. That was a lot of venting I did.

The fact is I do love this game, and I do want to see it do well so it can stay around for a long time.

But like the title says, no other game has been able to get me so mad before.

My only hope is that funcom will realize that fixing the numerous game bugs are far more important than adding new content. New content is nice, but not at the expense of the mountain of bugs that need addressing.

---Edit---
    I think after playing EQ for over 2 years and having 3 lvl 60 chars, I have become pretty bored with it. I still play it, mostly because of the friends in my guild and Im interested in seeing what they do with Luclin. I played DAoC from beta through the first month of release, and while the game is relatively stable, the world is teeny and the leveling treadmill is soooo slow, I just got bored with it. I didnt have the desire to spend x ammount of hours developing a char there. AO I want to level up my char, I feel attached to it like I did with my EQ chars. DAoC I just couldnt get into. Notice I never said I was bored with AO... I love the game, it just frustrates me to no end.

As for being 1 in thousands, where have you been since 12.6? Did you just start playing or did you not notice the populations on both dimmensions dropping drastically? I dont know about you but when I see whole guilds quit the game out of frustration with funcom, that says to me that there are a lot of disatisfied customers. Sorry I dont see things through the rose colored glasses of a fanboy. Im a gamer who likes a good game but I expect a certain level of playability.
    Last edited by Tomasin; Nov 21st, 2001 at 16:16:38.

Talking frustrated

Actually, I usually like a less populated playfield. (Yes I'm on RK2 too... they're all nice people over there =). Matter of taste I guess.
    As for being frustrated, I fully expected this game to be bugged when I got it. They all are so close after launch (one game more than the other but still). If there's something I can't do, no big deal, I will go do something else. I'm not in a hurry to get to level 200, there's 4 years of story left at the least. Levelling isn't the focus of the game. Roleplaying is.

I have many games, I guess I got used to bugs. /me shrugs. Heck, I even enjoyed First Encounters. Still do sometimes =). In other words, I've gone through worse several times.

WOW! your on RK2? what class/level/side are you?

I like to do nice quiet missions with 1-3 friends for great exp and loot, maybe we hook up some time.

Dnastyone is the name

level 90 enforcer clanny

or Emersion

level 39 meta clanny