Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I exploit

Oh how soon we forget. You might want to explain why I petitioned you. Could it be for a bunch of 4 letter words in a tell? Ones that some people dont want to see? Might find offensive? And you might notice that I didnt send you any nasty tells. Yeah you got the drop on me. It was a great move. A big accomplishment for a 114 trader to waste a 167 soldier without taking a single hit. Reminds me of my pre-PvP patch days of being 85 and insta-killing people twice my level. And yes, you are on ignore. I dont see the need to see someones chat that is just going to riddled with words I dont wish to be exposed to most of the time.

Cool

I though the part of me using 4-letter words where kinda obvious from my last post. I got carried away, and it wont happen again. Its not my fault that FC makes a game that makes me go all emotional......

Hey i said i was sorry didnt i?..

No you didnt, or if you did I already had you on ignore and never saw it.

I did then and i did now.

/me going home to play.

Originally posted by Aphrodite
    I am the best because I use my environment to my advantage. I surprise most of my taregts.

And, lastly cant you tell when someone is just talking trash? I never claimed to be able to solo kill anyone. I just claim to be the best PvPer. Amd wether you acknowledge it of not, doesnt matter to me.
    OK this cracks me up

You are the best class for PvP yes but you are far from the best PvP'r.

There is only one tactic for soldiers, Cast Invulnerability Nano, Zone in Click Instakill buttons, Zone out.

I wont criticize your tactic because I've been using this tactic on my agent since your character was still in diapers, Hell I invented this tactic, Dont believe me ask Garv about Eclipze.

But back to my original point if you want respect and you want to be considered the best at PvP roll up a fixer and go get a neophyt title try somehting challenging and you will get respect but as long as you have to tell people your the best its simply not true...the best players reputations precede them, there is no need for them to ever tell anyone that they are the best.

So when do you invent this tactic? Being that i was one of the first to be novice in the game and the second to be neo. And as for respect, Im not looking for respect. Respect is something you look for from people that mean something to you. The people who know me closely ingame, such as my guild, respect me. Thats all I need. I just come post here because crackers like you make me laugh.

If you don't care, why post? Just want to rile up the masses more? :P
    Perfection breeds weakness.

Obergeist-Burning bright, Above the head ghost

Mdgprogram-Fearful symmetry <---beat the every lovin' crap out of a level 60 soldier at 49

Stronger, better, faster, push it

The Troll Corps want you!tm
    General in the Troll Corps tm

looks like its working.
    having a bounty on your head and all
    lol
    Euphorie 200 Trader RK1
    DrAlban 130+ Doctor RK1

A few thoughts

I just read Syrah's post where she(he?) states that she is "the best" pvp'er. Such a remark is bound to make you unpopular but I honestly don't care. Bragging is a sign of low self esteem, and people with low self esteem should be allowed to grow stronger.

In any case, I'd like to discuss the term "the best". What makes you the best? Almost every time i go close to a pvp zone I see syrah and her crew, which mostly is Dankman, Fopus and Etin plus some amateurs that tags along. This makes me think that her neophyte title is based on two things. Investment of time, and team tactics.

Personally I don't pvp much. If fact I almost never pvp compared to the time i spend online, but I have still managed to get an apprentice title. I pvp'ed quite heavily for a short period to go from rookie to apprentice and this makes me think that getting novice is purely based on a decicion I have to make. Prioritize pvp before getting xp. If I had played as much pvp as syrah did, maybe i would have been novice or even neophyte by now? (probably not neo :P) Who knows? If so, would i then be the best? Because I invested time? I think not. It would be becuase I have a flashpoint rifle and mkx.

I know plenty of people that has killed syrah one on one, so obviously she isn't the best when it comes to personal skill. Two times I have died to syrah, and both times it was me against at least two omnies. Does this make her better than me? Or anyone else? Nope, it doesnt.. It makes her crew better than my crew. What beats me is that she takes personal credit for it. Maybe this is the reason why an infamous omni ganker has issued a 5 million reward on her head?

Lets compare "the best pvp'er" to a hero. All heroes has a few similarities. They are strong, skilled and most importantly, brave. A person is generally considered brave when they take a big risk and actually manage to pull it off. The type of risks that makes the rest of us stand and watch in awe. Strong and skilled syrah may be, but brave she is not. Her pvp performances can at best be considered as "effective, but annoyingly dull". Are these characteristics use in connection the the term "best"? Not for me at least...

Syrah's reputation may percede her, but not as the best pvp'er. Her reputation is more along the lines of "the neo omni with shady tactics". Nothing like drzand's reputation, whos pvp performances are still talked about today.

To close this annoyingly long post I would just like to point out that the title "the best" is never self proclaimed. The term is comparative. Just as nobody can proclaim themselves as "cool" and stay "cool" doing it, nobody can build up their own reputation by claiming they are better than the rest.

Just some thoughts =)
    Last edited by Phonokol; Mar 21st, 2002 at 17:17:57.
    phonokol - geremi - dousk - matica [apoc]

OK, here's a little lesson for the kiddie. My PvP title can be attributed to many things.

1) Not sticking around to die. Now many people think this is a poor tactic, well I like to live. I dont like to see the reclaim nor wait around for rez effects, and of course, lose my title.

2) PvPing with a bunch of friends. This is much more fun than PvPing solo and hey, I dont really need to actually kill the person, I just have to inflict the most damage before they die. Nothing wrong with that as long as clan is dead and omni is alive.

3) Investing of time. Ive spent alot of time in the 25% gas and even if people talk crap about me most people wont step into the 25% gas with me if they dont have backup.

4) Killing of highly titled people. Now I'll tell you this, you cant kill enough people to get to my title without killing some solo, in a group, or ganking and what-not. And you sure as hell dont get this high by killing non-titled grey cons.

If you read my post and some replies I'm just stirring the pot. I like having a bounty be-it as small as it is. I always figured it would be like 20 mil atleast, but oh well, I digress. I dont think I'm the "best" lord knows I cant solo anyone without TMS MK X. But doesnt the trash talking make it more interesting? Most people that hate me in character(clan) actually have conversations with me after fighting or while waiting around to fight. Its a game and I'm just trying to give it a little ****e. I love to be hated. You have to admit, everyone wants a piece of me. Maybe my tactic are shady, but I use the tactics that best suit my profession, as would any good PvPer.

I find it rather amusing that you call me a kiddie, after pulling a brag fest like this. Please explain =)

Thank you for listing points 1-4. You should elaborate on these, and it might prove to be an excellent guide for beginning pvp'ers.

"Stirring the pot" as you call it to get attention, even if negative, is a well known tactic among small problematic children =)
    phonokol - geremi - dousk - matica [apoc]

Respect is something I dont look for in a online game.

If I ever felt I needed respect from people in a online game I think I would sell my computer.

Its fun to talk to people and stuff from all around the world but I couldnt give 2cents what they really think about me. They are people you will likely never know IRL.

I have been in a guild where people would meet up and stuff IRL.. I had to leave. Kinda like when ppl say Party... but they mean LAN party. To extreme for me.

So when do you invent this tactic? Being that i was one of the first to be novice in the game and the second to be neo. And as for respect, Im not looking for respect. Respect is something you look for from people that mean something to you. The people who know me closely ingame, such as my guild, respect me. Thats all I need. I just come post here because crackers like you make me laugh.
    First novice? Afraid not hun... To the best of my recollection Kratos was the first novice in game...Do you perhaps recognize any of these names:

Kratos, Logik, Shinigami, Destrux, Demono, Officeduster, Gridlock, Wolfe, Jarlaxel...Notice only one of the names on this list was Omni that name beign Demono, there were really only 2 Omnis that were hardcore PvP in the early stages of this game that i remember of the top of my head one being Demono the other being me (Eclipze).

Lateron some other Omni's joined in the fray when we began Dark Carnival...back when Needlz was just a recruit to the guild some good folks like Tarall, Kesdian, Agrias. Tabaal. Wingtek and others all began to come out and fight and we had a hell of a time doing it.

So anyway, if your trying to get me "riled up" its not working ;P I am actually laughing my ass off at your posts to be honest...but I mean you no disrespect but the fact of the matter is folks have been PvPing long before you and there are many names that will be remembred for years to come the original PvP'rs that were doing this hardcore with no damage caps and full 75% reflect sheilds not just absorbing 75% damage but reflecting it back at the attacker (were you even around then?) dying in one shot Soldiers killing 3 people with one alpha strike, being rooted by NT's and not being able to attack because they were hidden behind walls then getting nuked with Iz's last word. PvP was rough back then and the crew I mentioned will always have my respect because we made the best of it and had a hell of a lot of fun doing it.

Sorry to some of the folks i might not have mentioned...feel free to add to the list if any of the oldtimers are still around...only ones I know of at this point are Snarf, Wolfe and Garv...ask any of them if you like they will verify certain things one being that you most certainly were not the first novice :P The other being that you were but a gleam in your AO mothers eye while this was going on :P

P.S. How come noone has mentioned the fact that you got Neophyt via pure luck AKA a bug yet? lol I remember reading this somewhere on these boards i will have ot take a look for it sometime :P

Originally posted by Turbulence

First novice? Afraid not hun... To the best of my recollection Kratos was the first novice in game...Do you perhaps recognize any of these names:

Kratos, Logik, Shinigami, Destrux, Demono, Officeduster, Gridlock, Wolfe, Jarlaxel...Notice only one of the names on this list was Omni that name beign Demono, there were really only 2 Omnis that were hardcore PvP in the early stages of this game that i remember of the top of my head one being Demono the other being me (Eclipze).

Lateron some other Omni's joined in the fray when we began Dark Carnival...back when Needlz was just a recruit to the guild some good folks like Tarall, Kesdian, Agrias. Tabaal. Wingtek and others all began to come out and fight and we had a hell of a time doing it.

So anyway, if your trying to get me "riled up" its not working ;P I am actually laughing my ass off at your posts to be honest...but I mean you no disrespect but the fact of the matter is folks have been PvPing long before you and there are many names that will be remembred for years to come the original PvP'rs that were doing this hardcore with no damage caps and full 75% reflect sheilds not just absorbing 75% damage but reflecting it back at the attacker (were you even around then?) dying in one shot Soldiers killing 3 people with one alpha strike, being rooted by NT's and not being able to attack because they were hidden behind walls then getting nuked with Iz's last word. PvP was rough back then and the crew I mentioned will always have my respect because we made the best of it and had a hell of a lot of fun doing it.

Sorry to some of the folks i might not have mentioned...feel free to add to the list if any of the oldtimers are still around...only ones I know of at this point are Snarf, Wolfe and Garv...ask any of them if you like they will verify certain things one being that you most certainly were not the first novice :P The other being that you were but a gleam in your AO mothers eye while this was going on :P

P.S. How come noone has mentioned the fact that you got Neophyt via pure luck AKA a bug yet? lol I remember reading this somewhere on these boards i will have ot take a look for it sometime :P
    P.S. When exactly did you get Novice title? Before the 12.6 Patch When myself and many others left, Demono, Kratos, Logik Shinigami, Destrux, Myself and a few others were ALL Novices...

P.P.S. You can also ask Itburnz her original character was a level 50ish Agent that was also a Novice at the time...I just forgot about some of the lower level folks becuase we were all 110-150ish at the time.

Oops was suppose ot be an edit not a quote lol

I had novice way before 12.6 I have over 66 days of time played on this toon. I have been playing this toon since day 1. And I suppose you are so all mighty and knowing that there couldnt possibly have been someone you didnt see? Garv is the other Neo and I have seen him once in-game. And that was at a mission term. I have never seen him PvP, but obviously he does. I was novice at about lvl 85 and I am 168 now. Have been neo for about 20 lvls. And I never said I was the first, read the post. "One of the first" And I hate to tell you but I was novice way before Wolfe was. I remember seeing him as apprentice and deep red to me when I was already novice. But if Im not getting you all riled up then why keep coming back with the long and in depth posts? hmm.

lmao

At least you're honest about it. =)

Hell, just don't add anymore to the thread, and it'll go away on it's own. It's just a game, not like we're shaping the real world. This is just something to kill stress with, and maybe pull a /disco over dead bodies.

I have to admit I get perverse pleasure hitting dimach and seeing my opponet crumple up like folded paper.

When I get offed, oh well. That's the game. As long as there were no exploits used, who cares? I'm not dumb enough to waltz up to a 25% with being aware of my surroundings.

And if you really don't want to hear bs from someone, there's always the /ignore command. Very handy!
    Perfection breeds weakness.

Obergeist-Burning bright, Above the head ghost

Mdgprogram-Fearful symmetry <---beat the every lovin' crap out of a level 60 soldier at 49

Stronger, better, faster, push it

The Troll Corps want you!tm
    General in the Troll Corps tm

I had novice way before 12.6 I have over 66 days of time played on this toon. I have been playing this toon since day 1. And I suppose you are so all mighty and knowing that there couldnt possibly have been someone you didnt see?

Well quite simply back then there was a small group who PvPd everyday...thats all we did...was a pretty tight knit circle and it is rather unusual that if you were a Novice back then that i wouldnt have noticed because if it was true you obviously had played a lot. Of course I suppose if you were one of those level 6 twinked toons ganking newbies to get novice then perhaps i wouldnt have noticed...so that's quite possible LOL

Of course its also highly likely that you got your Novice title one day by pure luck the same way you got your Neo title You know...the bug im talking about...its not an exploit that i am aware of its just a dumbluck thing with the crappy coding of the title system.

Garv is the other Neo and I have seen him once in-game. And that was at a mission term.

Yep and me and Garv are friends i used ot Hunt and PvP back then with him...remeber him very well yet i still dont recall eevr seeing you...not that it really matters...its just odd is all.

But if Im not getting you all riled up then why keep coming back with the long and in depth posts? hmm.
    Thats easy, because its fun remembering the good ol days

Its also alot of fun picking apart an arrogant braggarts posts

Well tell you of a few people I used to PvP with. I remember a fixer who was one of the first to get apprentice, named Deklan. And a player named Sohie who got banner for using an invulnerability exploit with a pair of FA 3927's. And I didnt gank lowbies actually I could insta-kill people twice my lvl and did it all the time. But I will admit that I used to stand on the edge of the 25% zone in MMD behind a wall and gank unsuspecting people trying to duel and grid. I never said I was nice PvPer.

NOBODY can prove who had the first Novice.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast