Thread: Calm Ability

Calm Ability

Is there a Difference in an MPs ability to calm versus a trader? I mean in there ability to successfully land a calm?

Thanks

Huh? MPs can't calm, they just got a mez pet that can mez (not calm) one target at a time.
    Maybe you meant crat?
    Pompidou, Vanguard - Setup
    Zitrone, Deity (?) - PvP PvM

AO PvP Guide for beginners (by Silentslash)
    Waiting for LostEden... if it ever comes out!

Duh thanks for the correction, I ment Crat.

Well the crat has better calms so yeah there success is better then traders. does that answer your question??
    Wranglej00 - - - [serenity] RK2
    returning n0ob

Thanks Jerridan for hooking my trader up ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro
    Huh? MPs can't calm, they just got a mez pet that can mez (not calm) one target at a time.
    Maybe you meant crat?
    What the hell is the difference between mezzing and calming?
    Amosco -- Brokest Trader on RK2
    Coope -- His bot is his best friend

Originally posted by Dark Kensai
    Promising the stars and then hitting the customer with a bat so that they see stars is not the same thing.

Originally Posted by sobeguy
    If you really want this chair, why not just get a phalloplasty and address your real concern?

Become a Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by Amosco
    What the hell is the difference between mezzing and calming?
    Calm = take out the mob out of combat mode (usually for a few minutes) and clear hate list.
    "Mez" (what the mez pet does anyway) = restrict fighting and moving actions, but doesn't take the mob out of combat (you can't use kits for example) and doesn't clear hate list; also duration much shorter (12 seconds).

Well mez pets' nanos are in the "Calm" school but my point was that MPs' and traders' "calms" were very different in nature. ^^
    Last edited by Zorro; Jun 2nd, 2005 at 06:42:53.
    Pompidou, Vanguard - Setup
    Zitrone, Deity (?) - PvP PvM

AO PvP Guide for beginners (by Silentslash)
    Waiting for LostEden... if it ever comes out!

Succesfulity of landing calm on mob depends on nano skill. So the best chance u will get, when u have mocham, fully drained and then u calm

Well there is difference. Traders SL calm get's broken by engy's Humble servant aura, while crat's one doesn't.
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

Quote Originally Posted by Trgeorge
    Well there is difference. Traders SL calm get's broken by engy's Humble servant aura, while crat's one doesn't.
    something a really wish 'noob' engi would learn.... pffft!!!!

same applies to blind monggo and any thing else that offensive.

Oh i suppose calm is delicate just like a trader

Also MP's should figure out that mezz pet breaks other mezzes. If the pet tries to mezz an already mezzed mob, the mezz breaks, if the mob resists the pet mezz, the mob stays unmezzed.
    Slimsobe retired 220 opifex trader General of New Movement
    Oneeyedjim 175 nanomage crat

"You will never understand bureaucracies until you understand that for bureaucrats procedure is everything and outcomes are nothing."

just the answer I was looking for Paja2000 thanks