Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: What weapon to use after Stygian Desolator?

Level 116 keeper here, got a QL 152 Sword of the Illuminated to replace my Styg and to tide me over until a FBR and/or a decent alien sword, all I can say is: wow! On anything that's not a heckler, this thing gets the job done well and I can sit at 50% on the agg/def bar and hit at 1/1. Well worth the expense and moreover it looks nice.

It's too bad that the Panther, which is a comparable weapon, is for Enforcers and Meta-WTFweretheythinking?-physicists. There's really no reason for Keepers and Shades to wander into CoH.

whodathunkit ?!?

Wow, Just re-read my post, must have been a baaaaad day

And whodathunkit, what should drop last night but a nice Sanc. Sword Staff!
    Popped a glyph (or should I say a friendly trader did) into it and WHAMMO.
    FA and Brawl with regular stun, and for the 1st time in ages I'm competitive damage wise.

w00t!

Slapped that puppy on, went and rolled a 75% mish to test it out, and smoked those mobs silly

I'm not a stat freak or anything, but finally being able to spank some higher lvl mobs solo has changed my outlook entirely.

Ok, so my lvl 78 Soldier with his Per Blaster still OD's (or close too) my 120+ Keeper...
    But now at least I feel like I'm contributing more than just some nice auras to the heck teams I join.

I'm not sure what you've heard or who you heard it from, but that's not exactly how most alien raids (or orgs for that matter) I know of are run.
    Hmmm...maybe.
    But it seems pointles (at least to me) to have AI and not be in an org with a City.
    And the last time I watched a friend of mine go to a raid, he got OD'ed by MUCH higher lvl's looking for axp, was unable to loot anything becuase of this...and then had to bid for loot after the raid. (Against org guys that had uber-creds to spend)

Maybe once my main and some of my alts get closer to 200 I'll consider getting AI, but until then....ummmm....no.

So...back on topic...there is life after the SD, and you dont have to wait until IS or be org'ed to find that next weapon.
    Maybe I was just unlucky in not seeing a swordstaff drop before (have red. faction of 14k+),
    but it is smoking my SD...
    and my Keeper is feeling less unloved.
    So it's all good
    Gurudee : 220/20 Doc - General of Pantheon. Eater of Waffulz.
    Cannon "Madblasta" Fodder : 220/24 Soldier - Pewpewpew!
    Ughh "Madmongo" Breakstuffs : 220/20 Enf - GOMANGO!
    Madvocate : 150/15 Crat - In your toolshed. Charming your daughter.

lucky bastard, where did you get it? or even better GIVE IT TO ME!!!

I have been thinking about getting myself a QL140 Sharp Sword of Sir Galahad but that would require me to sink a lot of IP into MeleeEnergy, Brawl and Dimach and I don't realy know if it will be any better than the Styg or the Frost Schyte against the Hecks. all my skills are maxed for my title level, and I have around 75k ip to spare, although I was planning on putting them into Nano & Aiding to get some new nanos uploaded (even though half of them don't work proberly)
    RETURNED Lunaspell: L220/20/60 Solitus Bureaucrat on Rimor, [pic] [equip]
    RETURNED Sylvabane: L162/10/37 Solitus Bureaucrat on Rimor, [equip]

------
    As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something.
    - Hagar the Horrible

One thing you could do, if you're on a budget, is to camp the Scheol garden vendors for a ql 150-ish Jobe Defender Naginata. Has decent min dmg, it's fast so you can go more on the defensive and not suffer speed-wise, and it uses most of the green skills that keepers get (and that keepers can buff).

Don't get a sword of sir galahad, it's a complete waste of IPs and its min dmg means that it would be horrible vs hecklers, worse even than that of a Styg.

I think I will do that, seems like a good idea

------
    As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something.
    - Hagar the Horrible

what is the rules for the shops to change content, been there 1hour and still only a ql120 version there

------
    - Hagar the Horrible

got a QL130 JDN now, there was a QL147 also but I would not have been able to equip that without get some QL 200 implants an a small wrangle, and I figured that once I get that, I can buy a new one or I will use the FBR. Had to put 30k ip in parry/reposte but now its on.

I didn't have time to test it, other than on a few grey dudes at Stormshelter (damn work) but it look quite decent, it sure is a lot faster than the Frost... will have to wait untill tonight to find out for sure.

and Scheol sure is an emty place

------
    - Hagar the Horrible

Quote Originally Posted by nBlue
    what is the rules for the shops to change content, been there 1hour and still only a ql120 version there
    The shops change their supply quicker if nobody is in the store (goes for RK shops). 3 Minutes if the shop is empty and you wait outside. If you stay in the shop it takes I think an hour or so, if sombody has the trade window with the store open it won't change at all.

I havent broken the weapons or damage per second down at all, I can only speak from trying it... at 70 on my RK2 keeper i finaly got buffed into a QL 148 Sword of the Illuminated, and that is a fun weapon.. at level 88 i can hit lvl 130 SL mobs for 300-800 a hit regular, 1200-2000 fast attack, and 2200+ criticals...

Aside from haivng to waste IP in riposte and parry, it seems to be a pretty good pvm weapon in my eyes Mix with a Flurry of Blows, and a riposte based shield (Deflector Shield) and its a pretty slick set.

Havent tried it pvp yet... what do people think of this sword besides the negative image with riposte/parry?

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=245578&ql=148

laik zomg necro

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Rise from your grave!!!!

But on topic now. With the new introdctions of even better weapons can someone list a few of the more interesting ones they have seen (Copy of The Excalibur?)
    Last edited by Autoblaze; May 12th, 2010 at 21:42:11. Reason: typo
    ...I have been given a glimpse of the dark, and am humbled. It is Power. Chaos. Desire. Fulfillment. Life. Death. Pain. Joy. It is Everything. My bretheren no longer understand my words, for they have not been given this gift. I am changed forever...

Many hamsters died to bring you this post.
    Pharamond

5-25: Kyr'Ozch Sword / Guard of the Gentleman / Sword of Sir Tristram
    26-60: Frost Scythe / Stygian Desolator
    61-100: Kyr'Ozch Sword - Type 112 / Frost Scythe / Sword of the Illuminated
    101-130: Kyr'Ozch Sword - Type 112 / Copy of the Excalibur
    131-150: Kyr'Ozch Sword - Type 112 / Frost-bound Reaper / Copy of the Excalibur / Ofab Wolf MK 6
    151-190: Kyr'ozch Sword - Type 112 / Frost-bound Reaper / Ofab Wolf MK 6
    191-205: Kyr'ozch Sword - Type 112 / Blade of Khione / Ofab Wolf MK 6
    206-219: Kyr'Ozch Sword - Type 112 / Blade of Khione's Will / Ofab Wolf MK 6 / Honed Edge of Tarasque / Pride of the Xan
    220: Ofab Wolf MK 6 / Honed Edge of Tarasque / Pride of the Xan

That pretty much covers the good weapon choices from level 5 - 220, while there are other viable options and while some of the mentioned weapons can be equipped earlier this list is pretty accurate.
    General of Horizon. Member of Unity. Frequent visitor of Free Spirits and The Last Element.

Nave [ 220 Solitus Fixer ] Qien [ 220 Solitus Engineer ] Navezero [ 200 Solitus Soldier ]
    Rafeg
    [ 150 Opifex Agent ] Midriff [ 60 Atrox Soldier ] Lowriff [ 30 Atrox Keeper ]

Also: Giant horde of alts.

pretty accurate list tbh

type 880 if ur poor, but thats about it

stop trolling in forums, and come play mr. mantit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bomb4 View Post
    fsojddq oiermoinue jiebu
    (just randomly hiting the keyboard like Zixx) <3

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345