Thread: What Does Team Level Affect?

Question What Does Team Level Affect?

What Does Team Level Affect? I've never had a team member that knew the answer, but I've heard all sorts of rumors from "You do more damage with a higher team level" to "You find higher QL items with a higher team level". Also, how do you make your team level go up? I've only ever noticed it go up when me and my team were just sitting around not doing anything. LOL ~ Anyone?

Jim Salabim posted this article 7th april 2002. It covers most of the benefits of grouping versus solo play and also lists the benifits of a high team level.
    • Chance of landing a successful hit with a nano-program;
    • Bonuses to AMS/DMS (chance of hitting with weapons and chance to avoid hits); and
    • Chance of successfully picking a door or disarming a bomb.
    Please note that he states that this is some of the benifits of a high team level. What else it affects i dont know =)
    - Chzaal TL 7 NT. Unit member of Ragnarok

- Uuhum TL5 Enf. Unit member of Ragnarok.

'IMPOSTITION OF ORDER = ESCALATION OF CHAOS' - Lord Omar Khayaam Ravenburst, "The gospel according to Fred", The Honest Book of Truth

Cool, thanks alot! Does anyone know of anything else that team level increases?

Think I read somewhere that xp and crit chance is also increased... don't quote me on that though
    Dalmatia - 207 Eng Board Member of The Vigil
    Rostislav - 180 Doc
    And more alts than I'd care to admit to
    1700 total dings and counting

not sure i would love to hear a new article on this as i am kinda questioning this too.
    Acardia Level 220 Pistolero- hit 220 in Org City
    Adolphus Level 215 Dictator
    Festamus Level 220 Hammer Swinging trox with pets

Before you loose everything it's good to realize that life is beautiful.

My husband and me always play together. After some hours of playing we always are in lvl 4/5, so maybe it is the time you are together in a team? Heard too there were some benefits connected to this teamlevel, but dunno what exactly. And yes, we do make a great team
    But I think this is because we can communicate more easier while being in the same room. A Voice thingie (gamevoice or something else) would benefit a playing team I'm sure. (that is, if the people are nice and don't curse eachother )

My team level gaining experience:

1 hour / level and you must keep 'core' of the group teamed (not LD'd, not kicked, etc) to keep your level.

If the makeup of the team changes too much you'll drop.

You can gain team level by sitting around eating brontoburgers or by hunting mobs 15 times your level. Very often I'll team with a guildmate/friend while waiting for someone else -- we're often team level 2 if we wait long enough. We're usually doing other stuff then -- bank sorting, helping someone, whatever, or we're doing mutually separate team mission pulling.

Also, when I team with a frequent LD'er, our team level really goes up.

So... I'm pretty sure level is a function of unchanging team over time.

Team levels increase as the team stays together, correct. I believe 1 hour for each team level is correct as Rapella says, but I'm not 100% certain.

Team Level is reduced when someone leaves the team. However, if the player is kicked it does not reset (at least it didn't use to). So if you wish to get a high TL, it might be a good idea to kick the player instead of leaving.

Advisor Murlion
    Community Relations Dept.

Forum Social Guidelines
    Rules of Conduct
    Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Back a few patches ago it was alot quicker then one hour (back as in when Hunting was actually available) A friend and I hunted for 15 minutes and got TL 2 then another 20 or so and got 3.. and as for now I belive it's still faster then 1 hour as long as you're doing something productive (it'll go up faster) but Im not 100% sure =/

Wrong thread.
    Last edited by Roundtooth; Oct 13th, 2003 at 06:56:53.

Any official explanation what exactly TL does???

Eh, I think Jim Salabim is as offical as they come.
    Omni-Tek soldier Bloodcub, Veteran of Tranquility

Original posted by cordura
    WTB an ignore button to avoid 5 post /page with same blahblah from people that dont care about a problem but that still give 1243028453 times the same opinion.

Talking

"Eh, I think Jim Salabim is as offical as they come. "

LMAO ~ Can anyone say...Understatement?