Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Skill Emulator!

Yeah, it took me a while to type that out because I was calculating how to get a Doc into ql 300 Tier 3 armor on the side. :-P Sorry to be redundant.

Post level 200, Skill increase per level remains as: 5 - int(c / 2 + 0.25) ?

--Yoctor

yoz I was actually using: int(5.20-c/2)

But I think they get the same results

/Nillan
    /tell Nillan
    /tell Rgel
    /tell Pockettrader
    /tell Nillmp

Creator of the new Skill Emulator at www.aodb.info

Nemesis Rules.....

Hitpoints according to AO Skill Emulator

Code:
            Base  HP/lvl   HP/BD
    Atrox     25       0       4
    Solitus   10       0       3
    Opifex    15      -1       3
    Nanomage  10      -1       2
    Base hitpoints is the starting hitpoints for a level 0 char with 0 (zero) BD. HP/lvl is a breed based modification to hipoint gain per level, listed in the net table.

Code:
                 TL1     TL2     TL3     TL4     TL5     TL6
    Soldier     0/+6   15/+7   50/+8  100/+9 150/+10 190/+11
    Enginer     0/+6    0/+6    0/+6    0/+6    0/+6    0/+6
    Adventurer  0/+6   15/+7   50/+8    0/+8  150/+9    0/+9
    Listed tuples are <bonus at title level>/<gain per level> for a few professions. For example, a opifex soldier leveling from 49 to 50 will gain 7-1 points (level gain at TL2, modified by breed) plus 50 points for reaching TL3 for a total of 56 points.

I haven't been able to verify all these numbers of course, but so far they've been accurate for a few characters of different breeds and professions (up to TL 5).

Does it seem reasonable and should I continue collecting data for other professions and additionally similar data for nanopool?

Edit: Oh my, I'm blind. Disregard <bonus at tile level> and consider <gain per level> a level multiplier instead. So, an opifex soldier will have 15 + (7 - 1) * lvl + 3 * BD at TL 2 and 15 + (8 - 1) * lvl + 3 * BD at TL 3. Also fixed the base hitpoints for breeds.
    Last edited by Frappe; Nov 8th, 2003 at 15:55:06.
    Jefferey "Frappe" Mischler

Frappe all help is useful please continue.
    /tell Nillan
    /tell Rgel
    /tell Pockettrader
    /tell Nillmp

Creator of the new Skill Emulator at www.aodb.info

Nemesis Rules.....

HP/Nano

Breed modifiers (hitpoints/nano)
    Code:
               Base    xLvl Skill
    Atrox      25/8    0/-2   4/2
    Solitus   10/10     0/0   3/3
    Opifex    15/10   -1/-1   3/3
    Nanomage  10/15    -1/1   2/4
    Level multipliers (hitpoints/nano)
    Code:
                    TL1  TL2  TL3  TL4  TL5  TL6
    Adventurer      6/4  7/5  8/5  8/6  9/6  9/7
    Agent           6/5  7/5  7/6  8/6  8/7  9/7
    Bureaucrat      6/4  7/5  7/5  7/5  8/6  9/7
    Doctor          6/4  6/5  6/6  6/7  6/8 6/10
    Enforcer        7/4  8/4  9/4 10/4 11/4 12/4
    Engineer        6/4  6/5  6/6  6/7  6/8  6/9
    Fixer           6/4  7/4  7/4  8/4  8/4 10/4
    Martial Artist  6/4  7/4  7/4  8/4  9/4 12/4
    Meta-Phys       6/4  6/5  6/6  6/7  6/8 6/10
    Nano-Tech       6/4  6/5  6/6  6/7  6/8 6/10
    Soldier         6/4  7/4  8/4  9/4 10/4 11/4
    Trader          6/4  6/5  7/5  7/5  8/6  9/7
    Take the levelmultiplier from second table, modify by breed and multiply with level. Add base amount from breed table and add skill (body dev/nano pool) multiplied by skill value from breed table.
    Last edited by Frappe; Nov 12th, 2003 at 17:32:37.

Ahh so they are partly prof specific. Cool to know.

X
    Xtremtech: MetaPhysicist currently resident on Test. (209 + 21 AI Levels).

Various other test MPs of differing levels and builds available.

Frappe, nice work on the breed hp/nano modifiers
    and level hp/nano multipliers... missing shade and keeper
    --Yoctor

Anyone got the allowed increase per level past 200 based on the skills cost factor? From what I've found on forums, the suggested increase is:

1.0 - 1.4 skills: 25/SL
    1.5 - 2.4 skills: 20/SL
    2.5 - 3.2 skills: 15/SL
    3.3 - 4.4 skills: 10/SL
    4.5 - 5.0 skills: 5/SL

Anyone able to confirm?
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Oh well... 1st quick and dirty effort...

Here

Probably has bugs, errors and stuff...

Load/Save/Print not yet implemented...

Needs .NET Framework v1.1 so no Win95 support...
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

Thumbs up

Woohoo! Excellent! And here I was thinking it would take months for a first version to hit the streets

I'm not ingame, so I can't do a lot of thorough testing. A few things though:

- Abilities cap 6 points too high. Like the startup value isn't taken into account.

- The input fields behave strangely when using the "up/down" buttons:
    * The IP-input jumps to the highest possible value for the current level after upping it two or three times
    * The Imp-input jumps to 139 after upping it two or three times
    * The buff- and equip-inputs can't be raised more than three or four times

Some 1st quick and dirty testing for a "1st quick and dirty effort" .

Hmm... probably need to take the double-click code out then... may be interfering with things if you click the buttons fast... I'll think of another way to do that... The entire skill line is a single control, so I can play with it without affecting the rest of the code at least...

I'll check the ability caps... probaby just missing the initial values as you say... should be easy to fix.

New version soon...

Good job!

I'd just like to point out that the widget layout is a bit messed up for me. Probably because I use big fonts (120 DPI).

Good job

If you enter your level manually, you need to adjust it before the IP counter catches up
    Maimgara - Supreme Creator, The Renaissance - RK2
    [Thedeacon]: As for the "high level n00b" part....Hey, I don't care if they level up....puts them in pvp range quicker.

Oh, and the breedcaps post-200 don't work - you still have the pre-200 caps
    Maimgara - Supreme Creator, The Renaissance - RK2
    [Thedeacon]: As for the "high level n00b" part....Hey, I don't care if they level up....puts them in pvp range quicker.

Doh! I put the table in... then must've got distracted and forgot the code...

New version uploaded... just tweaks...

Removed the double-click stuff for now...

Ability caps take initial values into account...

Changed way level widget events are handled since the SDK seems to be wrong... (gotta love M$)

Post 200 abilities should be correct now...

Ok, next question, can you reproduce your character using it and get the IP about right?

hmmm, I tried it, loved it, had no problems with it, until this last version, now it errors out on me each time I try to change the profession or race. The error message is "Failed to load resources from resource file Please check your Setup"

Just thought I would let you know
    ~Bansioux~

The error seems to be related to level one. It's looking for a resource file, can't find it, and so crashes. The program works great so long as you increase the level and flip tabs or something so that the change takes effect.

I have a few issues with the interface, but I must say well done. Don't suppose I could get ahold of the source code could I? :-)

It could really do with having a nanopool and hitpoints display somewhere. Or am I missing something?

X
    Xtremtech: MetaPhysicist currently resident on Test. (209 + 21 AI Levels).

Various other test MPs of differing levels and builds available.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast