Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Skill Emulator!

OK... just downloaded from the link again to update it (though it's still reading v 1.0 is that right?).

I don't quite get the relationship between the IP window I raise the skill in and the skill display.

Level 200 Nanomage MP seems to give some odd ability values. For Intelligence for example in the IP field I can raise it to 497 (which is clearly wrong) but it displays as 503 in the Grey box - which is closer but still wrong. Correct value should be 512.

Same goes for all of the abilities to greater or lesser extents.

It looks like you've added the begin values to the grey display box - but are allowing the player to raise the skill to number of points invested rather than inputting the level of skill desired. This will make it hard for people to duplicate their setups. The changeable fields should display what you'd see in game. So when I look at my unbuffed Stamina in game, I should raise the value in the field to the same value.

Mat Met for the level 200 MP with maxed abilities should max at 727 - but yours gives 725 which may be due to the incorrect abilities given the variance.

The addition of item and buff values is excellent by the way.

X
    Xtremtech: MetaPhysicist currently resident on Test. (209 + 21 AI Levels).

Various other test MPs of differing levels and builds available.

Earliest level at which I can input skills seems to be level 5. Attempting to set up a lower level char seems to cause the resource file error.

Using level 5 nanomage MP I can max Strength to display 12 in the IP field giving 18 total. The begin values seem to be 6 for all the abilities which is clearly wrong. The max value of inputting 12 at level 5 is also incorrect.

Remember you begin the game with a begin value and some IP which you can already distrbute at level 1 without dinging. So begin value + level max should be applied to level 1.

Also went through following:
    • Set level 5 MP
      Set Nanomage
      Maxed strength

and found I couldn't put any points into intelligence for some reason. I'll wait for a new release before doing further testing.

X

I'll look into these... hp/np will be added, though we don't have numbers for shades/keepers...
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Intel/Psy breedcaps, nanomage @ 220 is borked, they read 897 / 902 - should be 912 / 912.

Keep up the good work
    Maimgara - Supreme Creator, The Renaissance - RK2
    [Thedeacon]: As for the "high level n00b" part....Hey, I don't care if they level up....puts them in pvp range quicker.

Oh, and I miss the max-skill function (might add it as a button if double clicking is acting up?)
    [Thedeacon]: As for the "high level n00b" part....Hey, I don't care if they level up....puts them in pvp range quicker.

Ok, it wasn't setting up the breed initial ability values properly ad was using Solitus ones as a result... and a few other things relating to caps there.

Updated the file (and the version number this time...) - use the link in my original post.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

Goodie.

After some testing, it all seems to work
    Breedcaps (both pre and post 200) look good for all breeds, and final stats work out correctly.

Again, I'd love a HP/nano point window and a button to max out a skill

Buttons to Min/Max any skill/ability are in the next version.

HP/NP should also be, but won't work for Keeper/Shade until I get the necessary numbers.

Just to explain the 4 adjustable values for each skill. The first is the number of improvements (those things that cost IP), the second, third and fourth are for different types of buff. There are also 2 hidden values used when calculating the total displayed in the first box, specifically the initial value (by breed for abilities, 4 for skills), and the trickle-down for skills. So, generally, the total value for a skill will be 4 + the improvements (first adjustable box) + trickle-down. I might display those at some point...

I'd guessed that darkbane - but when I want to model my char, it'd be easier if I could just put the value I see in my skill window into the IP field. Perhaps if you add the base value by default so that the IP field and Skill display match (given no other fields entered)?

Just a thought.

X

Once it seems to be working, I'll probably make some changes along those lines...

New version up with Min/Max buttons and HP/NP display (will be incorrect for Keeper/Shade, and maybe at TL7 too...)

A few other under the hood changes, hopefully not broken anything...

EDIT: I'll post source once I'm happy with the basics too... you'll need VB.NET (was written and compiled in 2003 version targetting .NET v1.1).
    Last edited by Darkbane; Nov 12th, 2003 at 14:58:46.

Found a discrepancy on the nanopool of a Nanomage MP.

Level 2 nanomage nanopool with maxed abilities and maxed nanool actually = 97.

Emulator gives = 99.

X

Just want to thank everyone in this thread and expecially the programmer for an application that has been sorely needed for a while.

Quick question, is it me or has the save/open not been implemented as of yet?
    ~Bansioux~

It's not there yet... once the numbers work, I'll come up with a suitable format (probably XML based) and add it in.

X, I'm just using the numbers Frappe gave... need to do some testing there I guess...

Originally posted by XtremTech
    Found a discrepancy on the nanopool of a Nanomage MP.
    My bad, nanomage level multiplier (for nano) should be +1, not +2 (compared to solitus).
    Last edited by Frappe; Nov 12th, 2003 at 17:34:43.
    Jefferey "Frappe" Mischler

Trickle down is not functioning correctly.

It appears that its using just the IP column instead of the Total Column to determine how much trickle down should affect skill. It us not using any buffs/implants/equipment to determine what the correct trickle down is. All skills start with 5pts in them. You've had to start them at 6 because of using the wrong column.

Also:
    It is possible to exceed 400 points from Equipment
    -Recomp, +Accelerated NCU, +Albrect, +Barter Armor Sleeves, +Journeyman Durable Boost, etc...
    It is possible to exceed 300 pts from Buffs
    -Drains +378, Wrangle +132, Expertise +20, Skill Buff +100 to +140, Total Focus +50, and even another +120 from a buff that isn't in the stacking order the right way.
    139 pts from Implants is extraordinarily low.
    -You can get +210 on a skill with just QL200 Imps. +276 is what QL300 Symbiants give.

Since you don't know what the future might bring could you perhaps raise the caps to 500 pts Imps, 1,000 pts Buff/Equipment?

Could it be possible to apply buffs to Nano/Max Health too?
    Last edited by Miniexplicit; Nov 12th, 2003 at 18:08:25.

I tried putting my character into the program... I came up around 5k-10k IP shy from being accurate. This is likely mostly due to trickle-down not being figured correctly.

Another slight bug

In game Spying is given before Navigation. I only mention it since all the skills and menus are in the order the game gives them.

v. 1.02 for this and the previous 2 posts of mine.

Frost-Bound Reaper:

-1110 Melee Init
    -150 NanoC Init

I'd say that the low end at least needs to be increased on the equipping side. :-)

Also the trickle-down issue as someone stated. It's only getting trickle-down from IP, not from equipped/implanted abilities.

Also, buttons to increase Max HP and Max Nano would be nice.

This has been v1.02.

Also, a separate box for adding Perks would be nice. It'd be great if you could just select the perks from a list, but if FC changes the Perks then that wouldn't work correctly. I guess it could go under Buffs, but to me it's not really a Buff.

Thanks for the feedback... and the correction Frappe... any idea for Keeper/Shade? And if TL7 values are different from TL6?

And will sort the tabs out...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast