Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Skill Emulator!

Ok it was late :P

But still great job

OK, updated to 1.05, I'll repost the URL here.

Added implants/buffs etc for hp and nano.
    Changed IP calculations, no rounding done until final figure, which seems closer to how the old AOSkillEmu does it.

Here

Print not yet implemented...

Needs .NET Framework v1.1 so no Win95 support...

Once I've added print, I'll tidy up and better comment the source and post that too.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Great program! Finally I can forget about the old skill emulator.

A couple of bugs that I've noticed:

Tabbing from 'Equip' to 'Perk' field doesn't work. It tabs to 'Min' button, 'Max' button and then to 'Perk' field.

Adding bonuses to Hitpoints and Nanopoints doesn't work. Final stat isn't updated when saving and when saved file is loaded the bonus stats are missing.

Suggestions:

What about a real-time update of final stat when you enter bonus stats (equip, perk etc.)?

The final stat column should be separated a little from the input table and the font should be bolded. Then it would be easier to read.

A tool tip that describe the dependencies of a skill when you hover your mouse above it.

Darkbane,

It'd be handy if you could add a "losefocus" event to all of the fields that automatically updates the actual displayed values. Something to make it update the values correctly when you just input a figure yourself rather than using the buttons. Right now you need to activate a button to force the skills to update even after filling in the values to a large number of fields.

X
    Xtremtech: MetaPhysicist currently resident on Test. (209 + 21 AI Levels).

Various other test MPs of differing levels and builds available.

Cool work, everybody and big thanks to Darkbane for putting it together.

this thing is awesome!
    great job
    -mas

Originally posted by XtremTech
    Darkbane,

It'd be handy if you could add a "losefocus" event to all of the fields that automatically updates the actual displayed values. Something to make it update the values correctly when you just input a figure yourself rather than using the buttons. Right now you need to activate a button to force the skills to update even after filling in the values to a large number of fields.

X
    Heh, it'd be even handier if the NumericUpDown control actually fired the ValueChanged event when you type a number in...

And the item in the FAQ on MS's site is a classic...

5.24. Why don't the NumericUpDown and DomainUpDown controls fire their ValueChanged and SelectedItemChanged events when I manually enter new text?

The ValueChanged, and SelectedItemChanged events are only fired when the user changes the control values in code or they are fired by way of the up/down arrows. They are not fired when users input text into the controls.
    The answer could have been reduced to "Because it does", and only MS could have a ValueChanged event that didn't fire when you changed the value...

Still, I'll program a workaround for it... for now, just enter a number one less then hit the inc. button or hit the cursor up key.

I'll have a new version out soon... watch this space...
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

Hello,

I have just finished my version of the Skill Emulator.

You can find beta 1 here - www.geocities.com/ao_nillan

thanks
    /Nillan
    /tell Nillan
    /tell Rgel
    /tell Pockettrader
    /tell Nillmp

Creator of the new Skill Emulator at www.aodb.info

Nemesis Rules.....

I'll check it out later. I'm about done with mine, it was as much an exercise in using VB.NET as an attempt to write a true replacement for the old skill emu. With the next version, I'll post source too (something I wish people who write these tools would do more often... hats of to MORB and Gnarf for doing this with CS) as its looking pretty tidy now.
    Last edited by Darkbane; Nov 20th, 2003 at 15:27:51.

Does that mean that you won't be including the option to put up a Jayde/Auno-like character outfit option? Linking to the db and all? Or are you going to let others do that once you release the source code?

Originally posted by Nillan
    Hello,

I have just finished my version of the Skill Emulator.

You can find beta 1 here - www.geocities.com/ao_nillan

thanks
    /Nillan
    Wonderful. I love the UI features.

A few things. First and foremost, it needs some way to handle Equipment. As it is you have to throw them in with Buffs. Second, tabbing is a bit off. You tab inside a box, then to the increase button, then to the decrease button. Also, in the first menu, in the Basic box you tab backwards (bottom to top).

I'm not real clear on what the difference between Real and Fictional modes are.

Overall, I quite enjoy the program.

Thanks Talen,

I new about the tabbing, but figured I would fix it before anyone noticed - doh!

Anyway, I will be happy if thats all the problems are going to be like :P

I also made a new thread just for this tool:- http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...hreadid=203546

The difference between real and fictional is relating to Symbiants and Perks. When in real mode, if u change the Profession or Level, this is reflected imediatly in Symbiants and Perks. In Fictional, changing prof and lvl do not effect these areas. Open to suggestions on this one.

I agree with equipment, but need to maybe make the equipment a composite selection of buffs which you can save (fairly easy). Or support only a select few items from the database. This is because of disk space - as I dont yet parse the AO DB directory.

Please keep comments flowing, and preferably on the other thread or email - my address can be found at the bottom of the download page

Thanks
    Nillan
    Last edited by Nillan; Nov 20th, 2003 at 23:50:56.
    /tell Nillan
    /tell Rgel
    /tell Pockettrader
    /tell Nillmp

Creator of the new Skill Emulator at www.aodb.info

Nemesis Rules.....

Originally posted by Mharc
    Does that mean that you won't be including the option to put up a Jayde/Auno-like character outfit option? Linking to the db and all? Or are you going to let others do that once you release the source code?
    I may... but it's not a priority as I can use other tools to get the numbers and just drop them in... once I put out source then people can play all they want though...

Where can I download "Skills Emulator" ?

Level 200 Nanomage Nano-Technician on Rimor speaking... - Unit Commander of Knights of Ka
    Toons:(*=froobs)
    Zzzzzzwap* (inofficial main),
    Krisplin* (main, but buff whore),
    Theophrastus* (piercing doc - aka froob shade)
    Kosminski (Shade - Yes, i went paid...)
    Codeleet (s10 & pvp)
    ~ Founder of TL5+ - Rimor TL5+ froob raid force ~ || ~ My Tweet... ~

Wow...digging up 8 year old thread
    Darkbane's signature contains a link to the most awesome skill emulator imho...
    Qret 220 Bureaucrat
    Musstang 103 Enforcer
    Pherto 106 Fixer

proud Unit Member of
    Storm

Quote Originally Posted by DocJones View Post
    thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by Qret View Post
    Wow...digging up 8 year old thread
    Darkbane's signature contains a link to the most awesome skill emulator imho...
    )))

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456