Thread: Annoying bug: Closing trade windows.

Annoying bug: Closing trade windows.

Thought I was the only one experincing this until I asked a few other. Opening trade windows in shops almost always takes three+ tries . It closes automaticly before you can do anything. I noticed this in the SL beta aswell but thought it was just me.
    bye

Re: Annoying bug: Closing trade windows.

Originally posted by TeffaMA
    Thought I was the only one experincing this until I asked a few other. Opening trade windows in shops almost always takes three+ tries . It closes automaticly before you can do anything. I noticed this in the SL beta aswell but thought it was just me.
    Almost more annoying than green loot text and ql80 clusters in sup shops.

almost

:: Disco "Strayduck" Duck - Equipment - History ::

Seems to me it depends on your location from the shop.. Like if the trade window closes, try sidestep alittle bit and try again.. Works for me anyway.

But still very annoying bug..

Try any of the following:

Standing inside or as close as you can get to the vending machine.
    Try using another vending machine, and then going back to your original one.
    Click really fast a lot of times on the vending machine that keeps closing and eventually it will work right.
    Zone, just leave the shop and re-enter.
    Relog.

One of those will work. Eventually.

Re: Re: Annoying bug: Closing trade windows.

Originally posted by Strayduck.

... ql80 clusters in sup shops.

almost

Days when you check out the tradeskill section in a superior store and all you get offered (after your tradewindow closed 3 times) are ql 74, 75 and 76 liquid nanobots ...

Personally it seems to help running a few steps forward while clicking at the terminal to open. Could just be luck though.
    Former NT Professional and post count farmer.

Goodbye everyone, it has been a blast.

Yeah i got that too. I believe it's related with the sync problem we all experiencing since the SL lauch.

Originally posted by hhj
    Try any of the following:

Standing inside or as close as you can get to the vending machine.
    Try using another vending machine, and then going back to your original one.
    Click really fast a lot of times on the vending machine that keeps closing and eventually it will work right.
    Zone, just leave the shop and re-enter.
    Relog.

One of those will work. Eventually.
    Yes there are several ways to make it work im sure, I have my own way. Its just like the Bag opening bug..Or the scuba gear bug connected with rubberbanding. Small insiginficant that likely wont be adressed soon are those that irritates me the most.
    bye

well if its the graphic sync bug, that makes u fall from SL when ur like 10m away from the edge, makes mobs in missions seem to warp through walls, and their bodies ending up were they didnt die, + makes u have no line of sight when attacking and buffing teammates in missions

I SAY ITS KIND OF A MAJOR BUG

and makes sl sometimes more of a downgrade than upgrade
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Try This...

If you get the "shops close before you can do anything" bug, just walk over to your nearest bank and open it and close it again. Walk back over to the shop you were looking in and all is good. This should correct the issue... or at least for me it fixes it every time.

Obviously this sucks if you don't have a bank handy, but since they are easy to get to in normal shops, this should help somewhat.

Dephix

Cool another tip...

just click the med terminal... and all work's well in shop's... dont know why but it work's everytime for me

Damn . . . and here I was thinking it was my mouse button sticking down

I'd swear this is somehow related to the "you are too far away, move closer." messages we see alot when trying to use grid terminals or chests, but I am no programmer. Some very odd client/server - server/client sync issues going on resulting in some very annoying interactions with terminals and other objects.
    Where the heck is that?!
    Rucio

Also find this when trading with other players, /stuck seems to work.

Originally posted by Tink
    Also find this when trading with other players, /stuck seems to work.
    Haven't tried /stuck yet. That is a great idea.

I have this problem (trading with other players) when someone is in a yalm. Might have something to do with that weird yalm bug that sends you about 50 - 100 yards away from where you were when you get out of the yalm.

Makes it hard for a trader to get business done. Hope it is repaired soon.

Have fun everyone!
    ~retiring~

There are numerous situations where things just don't work on first click, so you try again and again until they do, sometimes overshooting and causing them to abort (if a nano) or close (if a window). It's not just for mouse-activated events either, since you have to repeat-click keys for events triggered by the action bar too sometimes.

I used to think that this was a problem with my keyboard/mouse or KVM switch, until I went back to EQ and other games for a few minutes and noticed that it never happens there. I also noticed something else though ...

There is one possible explanation that's rarely mentioned for this: general lag in AO comunications between client and server. The fact that for any given hardware (both old and new, obsolete and top end) under conditions of zero game lag (eg. empty zone), AO always runs a good 10-15 times slower than EQ for example, implies that server response to keyboard or mouse actions has very high latency in AO. With very high latency arises the spectre that lack of client responsiveness is not a client-side bug but a genuine end-to-end game event slowness.
    Whoever designed the Jobe luxury apartments, could I hire you please? :-)

confirmed

Originally posted by Rucio
    I'd swear this is somehow related to the "you are too far away, move closer." messages we see alot when trying to use grid terminals or chests, but I am no programmer. Some very odd client/server - server/client sync issues going on resulting in some very annoying interactions with terminals and other objects.
    it is because stuck is truly helping. it is always a fun guessing game with me and my friends to see where we pop up afterwards.
    sept 03 - the day ao was keeled by sl.

gone now. byebye.

I've had this bug happen with the overflow window as well and that doesnt depend on how close you are to a terminal or another player...
    Sirro - Level 200 Bureaucrat - My Stuff

A good friend will be there to bail you out of jail when you need it; a true friend will be sitting there with you.

Originally posted by Strayduck
    Almost more annoying than green loot text and ql80 clusters in sup shops
    omg QL 75ish Clusters SHOULD NOT BE IN SUPERIOR STORES worst pia evah lol
    GalxandJoan "Toxinator" Rox :: 202 Doc
    He "Tearspoint" Totem :: 215 Nano Tech :: Equipment :: Perks
    General :: Band of Brothers :: Band of Brothers Forums

Account Created
    2001-08-23 04:59:27

Account Status:
    Open

I've found entering 'mouselook' mode for a second (hold right mouse button down and change your perspective) clears the inability to open the stores.

Re: Re: Annoying bug: Closing trade windows.

Originally posted by Strayduck.

Almost more annoying than green loot text and ql80 clusters in sup shops.

almost

QL37, Rome Blue Superior.
    Bitcoin and the ACA are Ponzi schemes. MMMmm, sounds like pizza.