The MP guide site has been updated to provide a real site with navigation frame and also to add a site search capability (via google) so that people can search the rather long contents of the guide itself. It will take a little while for the google crawler to index the content on the site, but I'm hoping that this feature will make it easier for you all to find the information you need more quickly.
Since the site is now navigated from a home page, I've separated it from my own private domain and reserved a new domain for the site. You now only need to go to http://www.gameguides.ws/ in order to access the guide now. This should also make it easier to remember where the guide is rather than rely on the extremely long URLs that I used initially.
All in all I hope that these changes will make it a little easier to use and access the guide. Below is a listing of the sections in the guide and the kinds of content that you can expect to find there.
The Meta-Physicist for Beginners Guide
- Now more focussed on total beginners, this section covers creating your MP, breed choices, pet control, basic IP distribution, basic combat tactics, basic Character Optimisation and backyard information. Everything you need to get your MP started.
The MP Toolset:
- This section has detailed information and some analysis of MP tools. It covers pets, nanos, perks, perk specials, MP armour, creations, MP weapons etc.
MP IP Choices
- This section covers everything you need to know about choosing which skills to raise and implant.
MP SL Perk Choices
- Contains MP perk details and perk special details along with advice on which perks to use and why.
MP Weapon Choices:
- Finally updated to include the Shadowlands changes, this guide helps you decide when to start using weapons, why to start using weapons, which weapons might fit your playstyle and gives an assessment of each weapon skill along with some pointers to popular MP weapons for those skills. There's also a major section which covers in detail how weapons work in AO.
MP Symbiant Choices:
- This section covers Symbiants in some detail. The section will also be extended in future to include details of implant conflicts, jobe implants etc.
MP Strategy and Playstyle:
- Gives information, tips and tricks on how to play your MP well and make full use of your tools. It's focussed on PvM play at present.
Quick Links to other posts of interest in the old MP Guide thread
Protoculous' Secret Scripts
Tobaras' Any Pet Scripts
Goremonger's QuickStart Guide
Amis' Token Farming 101 for MPs
Covenant's PetNamer Scripting Utilility
DNA's MP Spreadsheet
DNA's Token Farming for level 125 MPs
DNA's Tips on early running Odins/Mocham's
Link to discussion thread on Melee Weapons and the MP
Deacon's Guide to Making Money for new players in the New Arrivals Forum
Shadowlands Related posts in the old Guide thread
Chrisax's Soothing Spirits Effects Table
Quick Links to Utilities and Other Sites of interest:
- ShadowGod's MP site
Guild of Meta-Physics Homepage
Nanoknowledge Database: listing of all nanos including info on which are rollable, which are buyable, which are dynacamp loot, which come from SL etc.
SOG MP Guide to Survival
DNA's MP Spreadsheet of nanos and pet stats
Database Websites and Tools
- Jayde's Database
Jayde's Armour Configuration Tool
Jayde's Implant Configuration Tool
Jayde's Perk Configuration Tool
Jaydees Jayde's Nano Listing Tool - MP Nanos
Jayde's Ability Buffing Items Tool
Jayde's Nano Icon sorter
Antiguardians' Tools page
Antiguardians Item Search
Antiguardians Weapons evaluator
Antiguardians Damage Calculator
Antiguardians Implant Designer
Third Party Utilities
- Covenant's Pet Namer Utility: Excellent easy pet naming utuility and script generator.
Purr's AO Pet Script Tool
Rustot Skills Emulator: Excellent for working out present and future skills levels. Not updated for SL yet.
Nillan's Skills Emulator Including Shadowlevels, Symbiants, implants, perks etc.
Darkbane's Skills Emulator Still under development but including Shadowlands details.
Nano Nanny Utilitiy: The best implant designer
Damage Dump Page Note: Damage Dumper is presently not working as the new chat interface makes it non-functional.
AO Parser Damage Monitor: similar function to Damage Dump and it works in the new chat interface. Still under development.
Clicksaver: For pulling just the right missions. Also http://www.aoaddicts.com/ has a Clicksaver File for the MP which you can import into Clicksaver to search for any and all MP nanos which are findable as mission rewards.
MP Creation Weapons Page
Anarchy Lore Skills Costs Table
Unity of the Rose AO Scripter: Script editing tool including colours, parameters and listings.
Map and Skin Upgrades
- Nepentheia's Excellent Map Page
Dovve's Map and Skin page
Sphere's Map Upgrade: Download the Latest Spheremap zip file
Shadowlands Atlas: Maps of Shadowlands playfields with points of interest, quest spots etc marked.
- Anarchy Arcanum: All sorts of tradeskill, quest and unique mob info
Katpaws Symbiant Comparison Page: shows skills for each symbiant type per slot.
Kuren's Guild Script Tool
Eldars AO scripting Wizard
Complete list of Shadowlands Nanos: organised by Garden/Sanctuary Vendor.
Treatment Twinking Thread: Thread listing all of the available treatment buffs and buffing items since introduction of Shadowlands.
Shadowlands Library: Extensive info on all quests, mobs, loot, tradeskills etc connected with the Shadowlands expansion pack.
List of areas for Soloing in the Shadowlands.
Genfire: Pocket boss information.
AO Pocket: Pocket Boss guide with symbiant info, confirmed loot and areas for hunting blueprints.