Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The MP Guide including MP for Beginners Guide.

I'm really struggling with my server at the moment for one reason or another. But the MP sites listed just below the main section links will offer you the opportunity to view the guide while I'm sorting things out.

I'll let you all know when it's sorted.

X
    Xtremtech: MetaPhysicist currently resident on Test. (209 + 21 AI Levels).

Various other test MPs of differing levels and builds available.

You may have noticed that the MP Guide links have been down for the last few days. We've been updating our linux box to a new version and encountered a few issues while doing that. All the update work is now done though (cross fingers) - so you should find the site available again.

X

A nice head to head of MP symbs for easy compare : http://members.cox.net/kat.paws/symmetaphysicist.htm
    Funcom Content Designer

How to get started on TestLive
    How to write bug reports

A lot of small steps make one giant leap forward.
    "Patchnotes: Nerfed all characters named Metaing, they where too powerful."
    To bug or not to bug, that is the question
    Run like a man or Die like a woman

Adding that to the links section MetaIng. Thanks.

X

Just letting you know that the petnamer link is broken. Not in the guide, but the link to download it from the home page is not working.

Any idea of a mirror?

Nope sorry, I'm not aware of any mirrors and the site linked to is the site of the creator. It may only be a temporary thing of course....

X

Updated the MP toolset section with some new data for the pets from MetaIng.

X

Added small tables for some key pet AC values to the MP Toolset section.

X

All I can say is THANK YOU! I was looking everywhere for guides like this and never even saw this part of the forum! The information here is incredible. IM not even 1/4 of the way through the guides though but already i am finding out things I didnt even know!

Thanks for all the work that was put into this.
    This is my sig!

Hehe - people often miss the top of the forum for some reason. It must be a psychological thing.

Thanks for taking the time to post a thank-you. It always puts a smile on my face in the morning over my coffee, to know that somebody else has found the guide useful.

Welcome to the wonderful world of the MP.

X

Updated weapons guide section to include details of the specials changes in this patch.

X

The links seem to be broken Really want to see the weapon guide.

Apologies to all for the MP Guide server being down. Our Linux box has gone whacky and probaby won't be fixed until the weeked at the earliest. The guides are still available on a few other MP sites linked to in the first post of this thread.

X

I love your guide it has helped me alot thanx. Just one question in your buying bit at lvl 5 you say to get this Lesser Distracting Sphere nano (MP Mez Pet – mission reward) .

I have no clue where to get it I have looked in Stores and nothing then noticed it was a mission reward how to I find info on missions and how to start it. Thanx in advance for any info.

Mission Reward means that the nanos for them are only available as a reward for completing a mission from a mission terminal in Rubi-Ka. You'd generally need to get hold of the Clicksaver program which can help you find a mission with the reward you want although it's possible to find them without Clicksaver... it's a lot easier with it.

Here's the mission settings 101 thread for some extra tips.

X

Ok thanx for the info. Does this mean I need to start as a Neut, or one of the clans. As i started my first character in Jobe or can i get from jobe to Rubi-Ka.

I believe that if you start in Jobe you start as neutral. If you wish to pick an alignment to Omni or Clan afterwards - that's fine too. There's mission terminals in all of the cities on Rubi-Ka. But yes you'll have to go back to Rubi-Ka in order to get and complete the missions.

The only other option would be to get a friend to do them for you - or pay somebody to do that.

X

Ok I have to thank you for the super fast response. I'm a total begineer with this game been playing 3 days now. I have found a Mission Terminal on Boralis(spelling probally wrong) is this classed as Rubi-Ka. If so what in god's name to I do with it. I downloaded this clicksaver(even that baffles me) and put in nano crystal(lesser Distracting) and started it all I seem to find is other nano crystals. I havn't got a clue where to put the Difficulty slider. Guessing it was for low lvls I put it on easy is this correct?. Also how long should it take, I have set clicksaver to 100 attempts and still nothing. At a guess i'm doing something wrong here.

Very sorry to be asking all these stupid noob questions but i'm used to playing Fantasy style mmpogs such as AC2 and Lineage2.This game is very good just trying to work it out still. Again thanx inadvance for all the help.

Hehe no problem at all. Read the Mission Settings 101 thread to understand better how to choose which settings.

Clicksaver is really just something that automates the search. You may well have to request hundreds of missions before you find one for the exact item that you want. If you had to do that by hand, requesting and then shift-left clicking each mission to see what the reward was it would take forever... so clicksaver helps you speed that process up.... but it won't automatically create a mission for the item you want... it still depends on the mission's random reward generator.

X

Ok a big thanx to you for all the help and guidence you have given me. Never did find the Lesser Distracting but found the lvl 10 one instead . Thanx to you and your guide im lvl 13 and well on my way to 20 hopeing to get my QL33 “Transcendent Fury Externalisation” attack pet with all the help from your guide.

Love palying Meta-Phys its excellent.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast