Thread: How to know the coordinates on the map ?

Unhappy How to know the coordinates on the map ?

Hello!
    Since i,m playing AO since yesterday,i'm already prety comfortable with the interface and rules of the game,but,there is just one thing that bugs me - how to know the coordinates on the map?I received a mission ,where i,m supposed to find someone between (number) and (number) on the map.How to see this?I just don't seem to find it !
    Please help a foolish noob

rightclick and hold over the mission and then drag to the small white 'x', that will upload the coords to your map.

Hit 'p', which brings up your world map, find which zone it's in.

Get to that zone.

A vertical yellow bar will give the straight-line bearing to the mission on your compass.

If you have the minimap, it will be a small white 'x' on the minimap.

Hitting 'F9' will give you your current coords.

^ high
    |
    |
    V
    low <----> high

-=-=-=-

Note: If this is the new lowbie omni quest for the backpack and helmet, realize that the target location is incorrect, but the zone is right -- explore around and look for an omni base.

Otherwise, follow the above.
    coordinates are incorrect
    Last edited by Rapella; Dec 19th, 2003 at 17:52:10.

Thanks alot !
    Will try right away.

P.S. Do you know that you have the best community EVER ?

For some strange reason, hitting F/9 for me shows absolutely nothing. Has the key changed?

It's still F9, you need to have a chat window with Public -> System subscribed in order to see the output.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    It's still F9, you need to have a chat window with Public -> System subscribed in order to see the output.
    That's why I say it's strange, I have that setting on all my chars but it still doesn't work for me.

Double check that your computer is set to use the F-Keys as F1,F2,F3,F4... etc and not as wifi, volume, projector hotkeys. I had issue when I tried to play on my other halfs laptop until i realised that the dell defaults to the hotkeys.

Quote Originally Posted by gilb999 View Post
    For some strange reason, hitting F/9 for me shows absolutely nothing. Has the key changed?

Thread-Necro ...12 years , hard to beat that
    MA 4 Life ... No matter how hard you try, you can't put us down.
    -----
    I dislike Multiboxes , Makros , Programmable Keyboards , Multiple Actions to 1Key-Binds << all of them simply do not fit my Idea of Gaming-Skills/Competition-Ethics .
    -----
    Dear Developers for Future scaling of Items & Nanorequiments please consider that :
    -there are Players below 220
    -there are Players without Towers
    -there are Players without full Org-Benefits
    -there are free Players