Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Coldshade's Shade Guide

Re: sticky!

Originally posted by Healios
    this needs a sticky!
    Send a PM to the author, he can make it sticky if he wants to, since he's a Professional
    ShadowMaw - 214 - Nekked Opi Shade - Ancarim Iron Legion
    Destinies - 191 - Opi Agent Gimp - Ancarim Iron Legion
    MetaMaw - 135 - Nanomage MP on vacation - UnGuilded

Stickied as per request.
    Aggro Monkey/Leather-Clad Bondage Boy. Hit me harder!

Tier 1 @ 81?

hey how the hell do you get in tier 1 on a shade @ lvl 81?
    Stylezpierre - 208 Adv. Eqp

Good guide, but I would like to know the importance of Map Navigation for shades.

Map Nav is fairly universal, and largely a matter of preference no matter what profession you play. If I remember correctly, the monster map upgrade is at a level of 130, at which point you can also upload the machines and people upgrade. So I typically raise it to that level and then ignore it forever. But that's just my preference. If you like to have all the indicators in all zones (as some hardcore PvPers do), then you'd need to raise it to 750 I believe. Overkill in my opinion, but to each their own

I would recomend raising it enough for the side incdicator, it's really nice to have in some situtuations, most notably mission blitzing and pvp.
    Pimpernickel 220.19 Shade Stuff
    WTB Ogdan/Captured Spirit/Exsequiae patterns 1m per part and always in effect.
    100M for Spirit Siphon QL 272+

Minor correction

Excellent article!

One very minor correction. I am 99% sure spirit syphons do not work on Weavers (of any type). Not sure why, nor if there are other mobs that are syphon immune.

Re: Minor correction

Originally posted by Aletras
    Excellent article!

One very minor correction. I am 99% sure spirit syphons do not work on Weavers (of any type). Not sure why, nor if there are other mobs that are syphon immune.
    Thank you Edited that note into my guide under the spirit siphons section.

Another handy item early on for Omni aligned shades, the OT-AF Training Helmet from the Mr. Blake quest CAN be worn by shades and is excellent for the level.
    Omni SV-9

One thing that seems to be missing, the Collar Casero de la Cripta http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=246125 from the Crypt of Home. Doesn't have the "not == shade" req on it, +30 not just to all evades but inits, run speed, NCU and a luvverly +30 to body dev for us weedy little opis. Haven't got one on my baby shade yet (only in his 20s atm) but I've equipped it easily on other alts sub-60 with BM mochams and a wrangle. The nicest thing seems to be that even 50% OE the buffs seem to be full effect. Got this on 5 or 6 alts now and it's a s**t hot neck item.
    Dare to be wierd!

Yspryd - MP, Adraste - Soldier, Glyndwr - Enforcer, Caradog - Adventurer, Myrddin - Trader, Mirimiel - Fixer, Ceridwen - Doc, Gwalchmai - Keeper.

omg, necromancy!

so? If it is missing, he has right in all the points.

And why did this thread got removed from the sticky anyway ? o.O

However the Thread needs an Alien Invasion upgrade
    Kirus666 - 220 Atrox shade <-- the gimp
    Kirusar - 208 Enf <- Gimp with Bellum at 170

Quote Originally Posted by snurre
    omg, necromancy!
    You never miss an opportunity to farm postcount do you
    Lunette 220+20 ninja on RK2.

My new avatar reflects how sad I am because I will miss Famine.

Quote Originally Posted by lunette
    You never miss an opportunity to farm postcount do you
    never

Thanks, a very useful guide.

Just an add. In my experience dodge ranged could be needed against some Sl mobs. But I maxed 3 now and have no more problems with that.
    Aggree with perks, piercing and evades first.
    Last edited by Minuit7; Feb 9th, 2005 at 14:48:11.

Awsome guide mate thnx for all the help

are the inamorata rapiers that are upgraded any good for a lvl 80 shade or should i stick with sigd's?

small Q from a shade-noob ... how do i get the backyard sticks to ql 15? the highest ones i've gotten bacame ql 10 ...

are they upgradable?

edit;
    nevermind, auno.org told me
    Last edited by Ismashu; Jan 24th, 2006 at 14:36:47.

Quote Originally Posted by onor666
    are the inamorata rapiers that are upgraded any good for a lvl 80 shade or should i stick with sigd's?
    Inamorata Rapiers' minimum damage is 1. That means that if you're fighting in SL you won't do much damage. In RK they might be good.
    Demyle, Kingpin - Rank: Accomplished - equip
    Ikillstuff, Spectre - Rank: Common - equip

Quote Originally Posted by demyle
    Inamorata Rapiers' minimum damage is 1. That means that if you're fighting in SL you won't do much damage. In RK they might be good.
    ok thx after looking around im prollyl gunna pass up th einamorata's and stick with sigd's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast