Thread: Question about mission.

Question about mission.

I've just started AO a week and a half ago or something, and I like it. I have started some low level characters to see what I like, and am still fooling around with them.. got an omni one, clan and then started a shade in Jobe..

Anyway, thus far, I've had good fun playing the engineer ,and I took my first mission from the terminal today (am level 9 now), and I got a mission to get some 'contained sensitive information' from a slum house in Old Athens (This character is clan.) and I've completed the house, killed all the bad omni types inside, and picked up something called the 'contained sensitive information' and I note I had 48 hours to do this. I have about 1 day left or something, and I was wondering how the informatin is decrypted or if I need to do so. If I do, I have no idea how to do so. The mission hadn't been shown as done yet so I assume I might have to?

I also got some sealed weapon container, b ut I don't have breaking and entering, nor want to expend the points there, to open it with an advanced hacker tool so I don't think that item has to do with the mission completion..

I am just wondering what I need to do to get this mission done, and if I should get another one of this type soon, what I need to do.

I did get some messages that finalized in '100 percent mission token reward chances up ..." or something like that for my heroic efforts as I killed some things in that house. I have no idea what that means.

Sorry for my stupid question here, and the length of the post.

(I've also tried clicksaver but can't get that to work for missions. I'll have to try it again.)

Welcome to AO !

Seems like you pulled a return item mission type.

There are some types of mission types you can pull.
    Kill Person, Repair , Find Item , Find Person and Return item.

mostly I try to avoid return item missions.

the idea of a return item mission is to find an item in a mission and return it to the same mission booth you pulled the mission from (thats why i do not like it so much).

so in case it is a return item mission , try to return it to your mission booth (stand near it and left click the item on the mis booth).

you should understand that when you will find TONs of items you will not no what they are.

the sealed weapon need a hacker tool and B&E skill (Break and entry). in case you want the weapon , you can ask someone with enough B&E to unseal it.

the 100% of the mission means that you will 100% get a clan Token for kill all mobs in the mission.

when you will get a specific amount of tokens , you will upgrade your token board. first upgrade is 10 tokens if I am not wrong.

continue to explore , ask questions , finally you will master the game , it is not an easy task I must say , but worth it

Nuno1

Thank you very much for the advice on that, and it worked just great. Luckily the terminal I pulled this from wasn't too far from the mission 's location. I think I 'll try to avoid these return items things in future maybe.

Well not necessarily. Some times you get to keep the return item.

Others, wen you roll for a specific item with CS, it can happen that the item you want is a return item. So, in a way, return item missions double your chances of a successful roll. When I CS for items, I try to get the settings to max the chance of 'return item' missions. Now if you ask... no, I don't know for sure what settings exactly produce thatresult. I just follow advice I got from a thread in this forum. But I did get a few OETs, a couple of Concrete Cushions and one treatment rifle as return items in missions. (Of course, I didn't return the item, and didn't complete the mission... but that was not my goal anyway)
    I like a game where a total n00b is catalogued as 'leet'!

Genesis General and HR manager.

Alentejana (MA) Elinz (NT) Fixinbabe (Fix duuuh) Rutinha (Adv)
    Ezeta (MP) Penicillin (Doc) Taradona (Trd) Daleetjoosik (Keep) Greenform (Crat) Snipinha (Agent)

lol, if you use CS, does it matter to wait 1 min or 2 min more ?

99% of the items I am searching with CS take me max of 5 minutes.

also , I do not think there is any way to control the missions to become repair mission really.

Nuno1

Originally posted by Nuno1
    lol, if you use CS, does it matter to wait 1 min or 2 min more ?

99% of the items I am searching with CS take me max of 5 minutes.

also , I do not think there is any way to control the missions to become repair mission really.

Nuno1
    With the mission setting:
    left
    left
    left
    right
    right
    right

You get repair as the first 3 mission every time.

this works to:
    middle
    left
    middle
    middle
    middle
    right

Upupa (220/20/60) Valhall Guardians. equip
    Tantal (220/25/68) Atrox Keeper

Nice . well I am not gonna use it but thanks for letting me know.

Nuno1

Ah, ok, sounds good then to do some return item missions.

I've run across these in SWG and , indeed, you keep the item if you want it..

I was just reading a very helpful thread on getting concrete pillows or something. I thank everyone for the helpful information here.

Originally posted by DoctorFun
    Well not necessarily. Some times you get to keep the return item.

Others, wen you roll for a specific item with CS, it can happen that the item you want is a return item. So, in a way, return item missions double your chances of a successful roll. When I CS for items, I try to get the settings to max the chance of 'return item' missions. Now if you ask... no, I don't know for sure what settings exactly produce thatresult. I just follow advice I got from a thread in this forum. But I did get a few OETs, a couple of Concrete Cushions and one treatment rifle as return items in missions. (Of course, I didn't return the item, and didn't complete the mission... but that was not my goal anyway)
    You used to get to keep them... but that was changed a while back, now the item will be removed from your inventory on completion. You still get to keep the item in the Find Item mission type though.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper