Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Something isn't quite right...

Something isn't quite right...

Over the past few weeks I decided to make a couple of characters that would get to L10 and PvP. I started with a soldier, using a QL22 Sunburst Mk3 and a few other weapons that were all fairly useful for an L10 soldier.

I got owned.

So, I thought I'd start an Agent and try to use a QL50 Gripo. I sat down, did the math, made the spreadsheet for buffing/implanting/etc and started. A day or so later I had an L10 Agent with 700AC, 170~ in Rifle and AS, a QL50 LLTS, and QL50/30 implants in, and a QL50 Gripo in my hands.

Off I go to the arena, filled with confidence that I'm going to do fairly well.

Started really well, and dropped a few people, but then came up against another agent using a Tsak. Next thing I know we're having a running battle and are half way to the southern grid point. I was running SG along with the best Essence to fit into 56 NCU, yet I was taking 40-80 damage per shot, and was dealing out 5-10 damage per shot, with crits around 100~. After 5 minutes of us shooting each other I went down, but their HP was still as close to max as you could get.

Now don't get me wrong, I don't mind being taken down. I've gotten used to it on Powervault and Poweredge, but how on earth are people being able to drill me, when I've spent a massive amount of time, money, and maths on making sure that my character is as good as it gets.

Is it the fallout from previous patches not affecting changes onto chars that existed at that time, or just the lengths that people will go to to get an edge?

What bothers me tho, is the chances of new players in the game being able to PvP whatsoever. If the fall out from previous patches is causing me grief for my efforts then I feel immense sorrow for new people getting to grips with a massive part of this game.
    Powervault ~ Legion
    Poweredge ~ Omegastrike

Poweredge's Soldier Guide (Now Sticky!)

You want to use CAC in SL? READ THIS

You know what!

Chances are that this fellow exploited his gear on!

yup, in the wery early stages of AO, there was a quite easy way to exploit your gear on!.

Simple.

His implants were around ql125 and he had a well over 50 gun on and probably over 1k acs. Treatment exploit was great, wasn't it? :/

Take rest in knowing how gimped he is after 14.2

Umm... if I was L10, and wearing QL125 implants, I certainly wouldn't take them off. Especially for a PvP char.

I suppose I'll (we'll) have to put up with this kinda thing still being common until the day comes that FC decide to make everyone de-equip.

Then again, I can see myself discovering rocking horse sh*t before that happens.
    Powervault ~ Legion
    Poweredge ~ Omegastrike

Originally posted by Dscaper
    Umm... if I was L10, and wearing QL125 implants, I certainly wouldn't take them off. Especially for a PvP char.

I suppose I'll (we'll) have to put up with this kinda thing still being common until the day comes that FC decide to make everyone de-equip.

Then again, I can see myself discovering rocking horse sh*t before that happens.
    You could also just ask the other agent tho. No harm in asking for tips from others. Might have been 1 tiny little detail that you missed in all of this.
    regards
    Inge
    Hjemmekinosjef.

Tried that... he/she was a little unwilling to even mention what QL of gun they were using, so I'm guessing that given the amount of damage versus AC, it must have been well above QL50.

The thing is, I've taken pretty much everything into account, even down to the finest detail of what I believe to be perfect IP expenditure for L10. Not a single point has gone to waste. The NCU is about as good as I can get it using QL50 implants to jack them in, and I'm still running with all three QL50~ rifle implants. As for my initial soldier, I've been down virtually ever path imaginable in getting soldiers to an optimum for PvM, and I've kept my ear as slose to the ground as possible for PvP setups. I even got given a QL51 Sunburst Mk3 for my time in gathering and passing on soldier information to the community, but it's all to no avail when a pre-treatment-nerf char walks into my air-space.

If he's cutting through 700AC to draw 40~ damage, then he's got to be using a very impressive gun, and be driving it very hard indeed. As a base you're looking at 70 points in rifle max at L10 (pre-buff/pre-implant).

I suppose I'm just mystified as to why things aren't really being corrected at such an early stage of character development, when a balance issue so early into a players development can have such serious consequences.

Powervault ~ Legion
    Poweredge ~ Omegastrike

Tried that... he/she was a little unwilling to even mention what QL of gun they were using, so I'm guessing that given the amount of damage versus AC, it must have been well above QL50.

The thing is, I've taken pretty much everything into account, even down to the finest detail of what I believe to be perfect IP expenditure for L10. Not a single point has gone to waste. The NCU is about as good as I can get it using QL50 implants to jack them in, and I'm still running with all three QL50~ rifle implants. As for my initial soldier, I've been down virtually ever path imaginable in getting soldiers to an optimum for PvM, and I've kept my ear as slose to the ground as possible for PvP setups. I even got given a QL51 Sunburst Mk3 for my time in gathering and passing on soldier information to the community, but it's all to no avail when a pre-treatment-nerf char walks into my air-space.

If he's cutting through 700AC to draw 40~ damage, then he's got to be using a very impressive gun, and be driving it very hard indeed. As a base you're looking at 70 points in rifle max at L10 (pre-buff/pre-implant).

I suppose I'm just mystified as to why things aren't really being corrected at such an early stage of character development, when a balance issue so early into a players development can have such serious consequences.

hiya

As i said in my earlier post, the dude must have exploited his gear on, and i was not refering to the treatment bug!

Originally posted by Tareldar

hiya

As i said in my earlier post, the dude must have exploited his gear on, and i was not refering to the treatment bug!
    Probably, especially when the person wouldn't reveal what ql gun etc..
    regards
    Inge
    Hjemmekinosjef.

You can equip a 50 gripo at level 7, Also have seen a guy with a 70ish OET on at level 7...
    If you can't beat them, Hit them in the face with a wrench

Rubirango

!

Check out my post "exploting and 14.2" and i´ll try explain

Low level twinks are very tricky.

Following "the rules" you can easily get Q50 implants in a L7, but of course people have exploited to get much more.

And, there are the people who got over a hundred NCU in when trader buffs weren't self only.

When I fought in the arena at L9, there was a fine line. There were the uber twinkouts with treatment exploited/otherexploited equipment, there were the total n00bs, and there were the averagely (but still kill-reds-in-one-hit equipped) people like me.

I just tried to fight people that I thought were equipped the same.

Also, in the wide world of overequipping, noone shows their weapon I know I didn't, and I only had a Q42 hammer on.
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

Imagine a lvl 1 wit 384 NCU or something with UVC and a 15% scope and high level imps;/

Ive seen <lvl 10 crat wearing a crat suit !

Ive seen a lvl 6 Eng with QL 200 nano armor... It was easy a few patches ago.
    NT phone HOME!!

Originally posted by Garzu
    I saw a lvl 80 engie with a slayer guardian ^^
    ~Lone

yeah I got a perfect example of someone like this. AGES ago, at 100% damage pvp I made a soldier as a pvp twink and he Roxxored. i beat everyone except a few people.

this dude named "Playahata" was big time twinked, he had q 125 implants in at lvl 33, a q 180 rifle. not sure what kind. he wore a battlesuit over his armour as well. He used the old trader trick to get like a bilion ncu and get huge enfo buffs too.

This guy and bruise were the only ones i absolutly could not beat.

some twinks are prepatch. using treatment explots, comp lit buffs, and any other exploit you can think of.. eventually thye get bored, or banned if they are cheating tho.

I think a guild should get together and make the "twink of all twinks" and leave it near the arena when one of these fookers is ruining it for everyone, have him buffed with uvc/behemoth and take care of those hardcore twinkers : )

Originally posted by CHiK
    yeah I got a perfect example of someone like this. AGES ago, at 100% damage pvp I made a soldier as a pvp twink and he Roxxored. i beat everyone except a few people.

this dude named "Playahata" was big time twinked, he had q 125 implants in at lvl 33, a q 180 rifle. not sure what kind. he wore a battlesuit over his armour as well. He used the old trader trick to get like a bilion ncu and get huge enfo buffs too.

This guy and bruise were the only ones i absolutly could not beat.

some twinks are prepatch. using treatment explots, comp lit buffs, and any other exploit you can think of.. eventually thye get bored, or banned if they are cheating tho.

I think a guild should get together and make the "twink of all twinks" and leave it near the arena when one of these fookers is ruining it for everyone, have him buffed with uvc/behemoth and take care of those hardcore twinkers : )
    Tried that.. wiped out a few super twinks with my trader twink. Then one came back with a lvl74 doc healing him. How pathetic...
    He was lvl 8, I was lvl10.
    Even after 14.0 I had 950 AC and a ql64 Vektor on at lvl 10.
    At lvl 35 I had 1900 AC (Isnt that big of a deal) and a ql122 ithaca on.
    Now at lvl 50 i have 6x belt. 5 ql165 NCU and 1 ql125 Recompiler in. A ql164 Vektor Shotgun on (Could of got a 180 on if i wanted to mission for 2 more ql120+ debuff nanos) and full 125 implants except head/Rhand/eye. Too bad pvp is meaningless....
    This is post 14.0
    Undercover Soccom Brother

Blackness confirmed!!
    Welcome to the Brotherhood.

Buying ql 161 Art of Peace nano

Originally posted by Garzu
    I think I saw that engie in the arena, he had a guardbot.

He asked for essence, hahahaha.
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

Hahhaha.

You must be joking right?

"balance issue" at level 10? That issue gonna last like 10 minutes as CasualGuy gets demolished by UberGuy after he tests his monster loot gun out and just continues playing as the game was intended....meaning he levelled and got on with his game.

Twinks are basically the product of guys that are bored playing high levels. Theres always gonna be someone better. Deal with it.

"Ive seen a lvl 6 Eng with QL 200 nano armor... It was easy a few patches ago"

Same. Even if it wasn't 200 it had to be at least 75 which is retarded.

Also saw a level 1 solitus enf with full elite.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast