Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Archetype Press Release regarding the Council of Truth

Archetype Press Release regarding the Council of Truth

Archetype did not send a representative to the Council of Truth signup on Saturday for one reason.

This reason is the one million credits signup fee for eligibility to vote.

Archetype feels strongly about this issue, because Archetype believes every organization affiliated with the Clans should have a voice, and some organizations do not have the monetary funds available to register for the Council of Truth's voting privelidges.

What is the reason behind this one million credit signup fee?

Archetype strongly suggests no one signs up for the "Council of Truth" until the Council submits a fully detailed report explaining what exactly these funds from the Council will be appropriated for. It is a democracy, after all... we have the right to know what the funds are being appropriated for.

Furthermore, we request a syllabus of their proposed actions on several issues, including but not reserved to:
    A) The forming of a police force.
    B) Policing the rogue Clans who attack Omni-Tek's towers.
    C) Policing of Clan organizations that strike down Clan and Neutral Land.
    D) Continued relations with Omni-Tek and the possibility of an armistice treaty, ONE THAT WILL STICK... you can claim we have "peace" but it's a front.
    E) An organized system of communication through all of the major organizations in the event of an emergency, such as an invasion.
    F) A well thought out plan as to keep the Council of Truth from crumbling again... perhaps a chain of command voted for by the Clansmen?

We believe that the Council must live up to it's regard... truth. When these requirements are met, Archetype will gladly sign up as a voting member of the council.

--Rhiannon "Allie" Parsons, Archetype Press Director
    -- Killchain

Was that one reason or 7?

I counted 7 questions you wanted answered there.

As for the funds, this shows a supportive commitment to the Council. These will be used for the actual running of the council, such as the current maintenance and usage of truth tower. they will also be used according to how the Council votes on their usage. You say you need to know to trust the Council, but if you can't give up a paltry 1 million why should the Council trust your dedication to the greater clan good?

Furthermore we have no syllabus and your proposed actions are not actions currently proposed in the council. As such do not expect any answers until the Council directs its attention to such issues.

For those who do wish to be a part of the Council, registration is simple. www.counciloftruth.org

Council of Truth Publicist, Sallust
    Last edited by Sallust; Apr 25th, 2004 at 19:11:54.
    Clan Elder of The Pilgrims

So the Sentinels are charging you "rent" to use the tower? Do you have to hire cleaners to come in and nab all the cobwebs?
    Do you have to pay your publicist?
    Furthermore, I believe the tower was appropriated for the Council of Truth in the beginning, correct? Therefore, shouldn't it rightfully be used to house the new Council of Truth? Why are you paying for it, if indeed you are paying for it?
    You say a "paltry" one million credits. Have you seen the beggars in the streets, asking for any credits you can spare? Credits may be a staple for some, but for the populace at large credits are few and far between. Don't you think it's unfair that those who cannot pay have no say? Isn't the goal of the Council of Truth for the "greater Clan good?"
    Do we have to pay for the Council of Truth's trust?
    This is the start of an aristocratic society, and history will show that aristocratic socities tend to collapse from the imbalance of power due to wealth.

These are all questions that fall under the first of eight. Feel free to answer our questions and correct us if we are wrong. We would be more than happy to hear an explanation.

We stand firm in our requests. That is all they are, requests. If you choose not to honor them, that is your decision.

Rhiannon "Allie" Parsons, Archetype Press Director
    Last edited by Killchain; Apr 26th, 2004 at 02:10:14.
    -- Killchain

None of the clerical staff receive any reimbursement from the Council.

Truth tower however does not run, maintain, or secure itself.

You might not mind not maintaining a security system so that any mercenary can bug, bomb, or attack our meetings but none of the participating Clans loyal to the Clan cause do.

If your Clan is not willing to come up with a paltry 1 million to benefit Council projects for the good of all Clans, then yes I personally do question your "loyalty" to the clan cause. How well do you think the Council will function if we have no funds with which to work on Council projects?

I hardly find it unfair that those Clans unwilling to make any supportive contribution to the Council have no say. Maybe we should also in your philosophy give Omni-Tek a say even though they oppose the Council then?

As for your questions, they were already answered in my earlier reply.

None of the clerical staff are to receive funds from the recruitment? Certainly your cost of living must be covered, would only be expected from the fine work you do.
    How many clans in total paid and signed up for the Council of Truth? Do you have written documentation of this?
    And what -exactly- will the voting powers be able to -vote on-? Will it be Council-only actions, or actions that affect the people who have no voting power as well?
    If the subjects voted on affect those who are not voting members of the Council, that is a breeding ground for mutiny.
    Frankly, Mr. Sallust, the formation of the Council of Truth went without a hitch, needing no outside funding. Also went without any notable voting system from what Archetype gathered, as well. True, Archetype was petitioned to be a part of the formation of the Council. True, Mr. Nygaard himself signed the agreement. But that was the extent of it.
    Archetype believes firmly in responsibility, trust and loyalty, respect and accountability. Being a member of the Council, Archetype will hand over any documents kept about their operations to the Council of Truth on demand.
    Archetype also expects the same from the Council.
    To say that Archetype is "unloyal" because they refuse to pay for a fee for an undocumented insource of funds for the Council of Truth is an outrage. In essence, you could say Archetype is truly loyal for trying to keep the Council of Truth on a truthful aim.
    Furthermore, Archetype firmly believe in having an Omni-Tek liason invited to the Council of Truth. We also believe firmly in giving this liason voting power in the case of a tie in the Council vote.
    Certainly the Council of Truth would benefit from seeing issues from the other side, huh? Wouldn't want to be closed-minded like the Omni-Tek people, as is said by the majority of the Clans to be, right?
    Omni-Tek will never accept the Council until they can see for themselves that the Council is conducted apporpriately and only wishes good for the three sides in the conflict, Clan, Neutral, and Omni.

You have not yet answered our questions, Mr. Sallust. If we are in error, please feel free to correct us and also post footnotes of your previous explanations, please.

--Rhiannon "Allie" Nygaard, Archetype Press Director
    -- Killchain

((written from the perspective of Saratika, neutral Shade))

Killchain...you really need to relax here buddy...pretty much every question you are asking has been answered in other posts on this gridfeed...might want to take a look around and read up. You seem to be speaking out in anger without knowing all the information.

It reminds me of a story where someone was told "the clans killed my father" and thus the clans were made out to be bad...but that is all the information that was given. They wern't told that the father in question was planning on killing hundreds of citizens by planting a bomb in rhompas bar....

Instead of looking at the council for what it is, because of the vote, you are looking at teh council as being The sentinels. This is not true at all, and I was able to find out just from doing some research. They may have held the majority vote, ut only by three votes....so if your clan signed up and voted, wouldn't that tighten the gap even more...now imagine if more clans signed up and voted who have a problem with it...odds are the sentinels would have not won the majority (remember it was sentinels 13 and Knights 10)

I have more reason to hate the sentinels than you do, yet I understand how this council works...from reading, from asking questions to those involved...from just common sense.

Of course there would be a fee. how else do you keep out the people who just want to go in and manipulate the system. I would be more concerned about no regulation on the council, than what they have. Imgine then how many sentinel votes there would be.

My theory is simple. lets see the clans put up or shut up. Join thsi council and work to make changes to what you don't like. or don't, and go about your business....but don't cry foul when things don't go the way you want them to when every opportunity is there to be a voice in the room for you.

oh, and your perspective is shared by some of the larger legazy clans as well....why didn't you go and declare your affiliation to them?

example Gaia :While Gaia feels that the Council is unnecessary on this part of Rubi-Ka, Elsabet understands that she needs to convince others that the development of this Garden is necessary. As well, while she is against war, she feels Omni-Tek owes the clans money and resources. Gaia feels that between the resources they could gain from Omni-Tek and that of the other clans, the Garden would be more than feasible. Also, until they get their Garden of Eden, Gaia tries hard to emphasize the importance of respecting the environment of Rubi-Ka, both to Omni-Tek and to the other clans.

example 2: new Dawn : Probably the most peaceful of the Rebel clans, they seek peaceful co-existence rather than the utter destruction of Omni-Tek. They have a clan house in Omni-1 and it is also rumored that they are in secret negotiations with Omni-Tek while retaining strong links with The Sentinels and The Knights.
    Example 3 : Terra Firma: While Terra Firma is relatively new and small as compared to the other clan guilds, it has quickly gained a lot of support throughout the North due to Okoli's political charisma. Terra Firma does not seek conflict out of a desire for a completely clan-ruled planet, but instead they seek a democratic Rubi-Ka where both Omni-Tek and the clans have an equal part in governing the planet

So there are clans you could have been affiliated with who have a vote on the council, that in my opinion share a similar view to what you have expressed here..

what is it my father told me once...last thing he said before he walked out the door and never came home again....

ah yes..."sara...if you want to fight or change the system, you have to first work with the system"

The relevance to why he said that before he left that day is not anyones business but mine....but the words hold true. Instead of throwing rocks at it, why not examine it from the inside and let your true voice be heard.

Just my opinion....and I don't have a problem with you Killchain... I know you are quite friendly with my org...but it just concerns me when I see someone with a good heart shout out in such protest, when the energy they are wasting could be better used doing osmething about it

I digress...

May the prophets guide your heart to paradise

Sara "Saratika" Love

EDIT: This is my view alone, and does not represent all of Shattered Dreams..it might, but they havn't said anything to me, so I don't speak for them
    Last edited by Lilyflie; Apr 26th, 2004 at 08:47:46.
    AO is not just about pvp, or Rp or power lvling. It is about whatever the players choose to bring to it. Don't make it personal against one of these groups because you feel nerfed by the game company.

Atlantian: "Jesska Rhees" - lvl 153 Crat - retired
    Rimor: Krazee "Lilyflie" Madness - lvl 103 ENF - semi around again

Angry

hrmmm.

It seems only a bullet from midia can get a point across with mr. Killchain, yes?

Let me re-iterate my personal opinion here.

You do not want to pay up the council contribution.
    That means you don't have a vote in the council.
    If you don't have a vote in the council you're not a member.
    If you're not a member you cannot make demands on that council.

Keep in mind it was your clan that declared war on Midia with all consequences to yourself, your clan and innocent bystanders in borealis, so in MY personal opinion that makes you the last person to listen to when it comes to sound political advice and demands.
    but then, I'm but a simple combat doc.

My advice...pay up or shut up.

-Breyd

Well...

For one, not every single person will be simply willing to pay a million credits to vote for things they may not know about. It's often like a contract. There are those who are more visual and must see things before they can proceede in something such as what we talk of now. The more information the more support you can get. Not speaking for anyone here, but it's still logical.

Killchain has asked some questions. Sallust claims they have been answered. That being the case it wont be a problem to re-answer them again no? Better yet, to clear things up why dont you take the questions he has asked you, Sallust, and answer them one by one. Not just for him, but also for those who want more knowledge on the subject? I can guarentee that there are some who dont have a clue as to whats going on. So lets see some answers perhaps?

What can it hurt to do this Sallust?

Mintaro.

Ms. Saratika,

First, my friend, that was not me who wrote those releases. I merely posted them for the organization. My Press Director was responsible for the previous messages, and furthermore I will not be responding again, seeing as how I turned this over to a Press Director just for this nonsense.

Second, there was never said nor implied a hate or comparison of the Council to the Sentinels. I have absolutely no idea where you got that assumption, and I think it's assanine to assume that that was even implied. I believe the ONLY reference to the Sentinels was whether the Council was renting the building from them. Please, feel free to correct me if I or my Press Director are wrong in that respect!

Furthermore, you speak of the Sentinels not getting on the Council due to regulation. I hate to be the one to inform you, but the Sentinels A) Own the building, B) Have MORE than enough money to buy voting seats and C) Could smash the Council in one fell swoop at this time. Don't speak so highly of the Council's "power" just yet. However, with some time and organization the Council can be a force to be reckoned with, as it should be.

Third, the Council of Truth's creation was a very tight-knit effort between very few people within Clan society. Most people "knew" about it but very few had a hand in it. Some people were "formally invited" but still had no hand in it. My organization and I were a part of the latter.

Where is the money going? What is it doing? Is that such a bad thing to ask? Or by doing this are we rebels, rogues, traitors to Clan ideals? If so, by all means let The Council deem it so. Hell, have a vote on it.

We, ma'am, are looking at the Council as it's doings imply. With an explanation and proof then everything will be fine. Governments are expected to keep this kind of documentation for the people, and the Council is in essence a government to unite the Clans. I think we have the right to know what our money is doing, if the "paying voters" affect decisions on non-paying members, or no members at all.

Would you like your life and laws deemed by something you had no say in? What if you couldn't pay the fee? What if you didn't make the requirements? Does that make it right, because the people who had the money get to tell you what to do?

No, it does not.

Let me reiterate for the entire organization of Archetype that we DO support the Council of Truth's reformation. Upon the proper keeping of records, allocation of the funds, and answers to our questions we will be more than happy to become a voting member of the Council. Would you sign a contract without knowing what you were signing?

I think not.

Nygaard out.
    -- Killchain

As much as i would like to see the Council up and running and making decisions for the well of all on Rubi-Ka ASAP i have to agree at least partialy with Killchain and his press officer on this. Having to pay to be able to vote is hardly democratical. Would make more sense if those that wanted to could donate their Credits instead.

And Breyd, you should not talk down to people that actualy take action agains those that threaten us all. I´ll admit i could have missed it, but i have yet to see you take any action against Midia. What Bren and his people did was a brave charge, unfortunatly not enough people came to their side, even though they knew that Midia posed a threat to everyone.

All we can do now is wait and see who will be Midias next victim. Could be you, could be Silverstone, could be anyone because Midia has been know to deal terminaly with people who disturb her workings, even if that disturbance were not intentional. Might want to keep that in mind the next time you ar out hunting. That Fixer you just downed might have been an agent of Midia, and you stopped him doing her work, and now you are on her hit-list too.
    "On the frontlines, there is but one commandment...
    Thou Shalt Kill."

"As i stride knee deep through the dead, all is clear. I know what must be done...
    My cause is just...My will is strong...
    ...And my gun is very, very large!"
    The words of a true soldier.

((from the perspective of Saratike, neutral shade))

Well, guess I read a lot into tone, But I am still shaking my head. The questions you are asking are answered in other posts on this gridfeed, so again I suggest you or your Press Director read up.

It is from my understanding that Silverstone allowed the CoT building to be reopened for the council. No rent has been asked for. I betcha if it is asked for, many clans would be quite unhappy...even some who supported the sentinels in thier vote.

The sentinels have a higher majority of clan support right now, but do not have more voting power. They have the power of thier vote. Look at it this way. If all the sentinels vote one way, they will have 13 votes. If Knights vote against then that is 10 votes against and if Terra firma votes against that is 9 more votes agains (assuming of course the clans that declared affiliation to these groups choose to vote that way). By my math the sentinels lose the vote. And don't forget Vanguard, Gaia, Pilgrims, Unionsist and new dawn. History has shown that even one vote can make a difference.

remember, it was sentinels that had the most affiliation, but silverstone declined the chair. Sir Tristram will be chairing the meetings. CoT does not = Sentinels.

I can't say I agree with the council being a "tight knit effort". Even I knew about the actions being taken, and made sure to watch them very closely. Posts were made inviting all clans, and representatives were always available...so, i am not sure if you, or your press director, are just not looking for information, and instead thinking it should just be given to you like a weekly memo from some corporation or something....*cough* excuse me..

"Where is the money going?"

I don't know myself. If I was trying to have a successful council, that wants to help rebuild cities, perhaps hire troops, contribute to social development, humanitarian actions (yes I pulled this from another post) I would very much need to have the funds to do it. it is not like they are asking for 1 million a month...and we all know how quick money can go on Rubi-ka.

"Would you like your life and laws deemed by something you had no say in?"

That....is a suprising comment from someone who used to be neutral. And seeing as every opportunity is there for you to have a say.....bah...its your choice really...yours and your clans.

"What if you couldn't pay the fee?"

I would do all I could, if it meant that much to me, to come up with the fee. Hell once this year, and then I don't have to do it again for another year....if you can't make a million in a year between your org..then sir, you have problems.

"What if you didn't make the requirements?"

Then go out and find more who feel the way you do, to meet the 10 person requirement...hell don't you need 6 to start with to get the paperwork started? how hard can it be to find a couple more with the same outlook?...and from what I read the requirements are the 1 mil fee, a 10 person or more org, and a choice of the 9 affiliations for you to associate with.....how can this be so hard to make?

"Does that make it right, because the people who had the money get to tell you what to do?"

Nope, no one is going to tell me what to do. But if I want a say in what happens to the world in which I live, and it comes down to a council that is built for that very purpose, then I sure as hell would try to met the requirements.

Again, I suggest a little more reading from your clan and a little more research. have you gone to www.counciloftruth.org to speak out on your issues?

((ooc: remember this is ajoint effort between Atlantian and Rimor. Although you shouldn't have to go to atlantian forums to discuss things, the rules are the same for both dims. Might be worth reading one or two posts in Atlantian forums that address your concerns as well. I'm not even clan and from what I read I feel more informed to it all than you do. Cheers))
    Last edited by Lilyflie; Apr 26th, 2004 at 19:12:16.
    AO is not just about pvp, or Rp or power lvling. It is about whatever the players choose to bring to it. Don't make it personal against one of these groups because you feel nerfed by the game company.

(writing as my Omni Rimor alt)

Katelin looked at the news of the reformation of the CoT with disgust. This can only hurt the corporation she thought. ANYTHING that could organize and bring some unity to that northern rabble was bad.

She thought about the meeting with a fellow with Omni-Admin several weeks ago and wondered...would she be called to "investigate"?
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Re: Well...

Originally posted by Do de do
    For one, not every single person will be simply willing to pay a million credits to vote for things they may not know about.
    Just wanted to correct this. The payment is 1 million per Clan, not per person. 1 Clan, 1 vote is how the Council of Truth works.

and if Clans are unwilling to join and vote that is fine. Nobody is going to round up the uncommitted Clans.

as for the stances of the Council, they are as they vote on each issue. And as I see it you only have a right to complain about the Council's stances if you actually bothered to be interested in the greater Clan good and join up to vote.

As for the answers to all the questions, it is not my duty to repost them in 100 places. If you're really that interested, go to www.counciloftruth.org and learn for yourself rather than taking my word for it.

((from the perspective of Saratika, neutral Shade))

Now see...just when I was sticking up for you guys......

Sallust, everyone has a right to complain about anything they want. I agree with you about the joining and voting part, but are you saying now, that people outside of the council can not approach representatives to have their concerns heard?

I completly understand not signing up, and not having a vote, but I can't believe that the council of truth is going to try and stop clans from sharing a opinion...mind you, hopfully a researched opinion with legs to stand on..but I digress.

My obserbations of the work posted show me otherwise..until now.

Wow after going to the councel press office I as a card carring member of omni can see this as it is a farce.
    It is truly a sad day for the clans not only do they have to PAY to have a vote in there own government it is also now closed to non paying members.

So no pay, no vote, no idea about what going on in your owen government? (An the clans are freedom fighters?)

True they said there would be a releasing of all things discussed, but I wonder about how long that will last before lil things get changed then left out.

The clans don't have to worry about omni hell the got enough to worry about with the own gov.

So I really thank the corps press offices an spoksman who helped me understand what the clans really are. So far this councel farce shur has verified everything they have said about the clan gov. bodie or lack there of. When you have to pay to play a part in you owen gov is it really a government??

((to quote Event director fantaghiros post on this:

"1) The CoT is NOT a clan government.

CoT is like the UN. a gathering of autonomous governing bodies who come together to try and solve the problems they face together"

can be found at the link below (sorry don't know how to make smaller links in here still O.o)

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...7&pagenumber=2

/ooc))

Originally posted by Xhairs
    And Breyd, you should not talk down to people that actualy take action agains those that threaten us all. I´ll admit i could have missed it, but i have yet to see you take any action against Midia. What Bren and his people did was a brave charge, unfortunatly not enough people came to their side, even though they knew that Midia posed a threat to everyone.
    To quote a 20th century text:

the capability of storming a machinegun firing at you either shows enormous bravery..or a naive lack of understanding the capabilities modern firepower. When it comes to declaring war on Midia, I think the latter applies. but then the dividing line between bravery and foolishness is a very thin line.

As for me fighting Midia? if that means being a target to her bullets without being able to even dent her operation, then yes..I've done nothing to fight her...but then I'm a doc..I patch people up...

But that's besides the point.
    I see people here getting bent over the fact one has to pay crumbs, something every experienced Rubi-kan can make in a day or 2, as a sign your clan is viable and creditworthy. I've seen presidents give away more to beggars.

Anyways, I stick to my words. Either pay up or shut up.

-Breyd

Oh so it is like the U.N. of the 20-21st cetury a usless, impotent, corrupt body
    ?
    Well sounds like a great investment of an orgs money too me. Course I am a hard working person an not a terrorist so my money is somthing I am just a tad frugal with.
    I just woner when the terrorist attaks will start as the first cot left running when it was descoverd they were funniling money to terrorists.
    With this new one an there closed door poloicies probly wont be too long.

Funds

I am in charge of the CoT treasery, and i can assure you none of the staff members are beeing payed for thier work, we do this on a volentary basis, because we all believe strongly in the CoT and that it can make a difference. The annual fee of 1 million credits that each clan guild are to pay is to be used to fun the projects the council desides on runing. It is NOT the clan goverment, but as fantaghiro said it is a council, more like the UN, a forum for the clans to work together towards the greater good of the clans, to reach a common workplan for the involved clans because together we are so much stronger and can acomplish so much more.
    Rawenna -Proud General of Alpha Omega

"Royal bitch of the Clans"

Member of the CoT clergical staff

The UN you speak of on Old Earth was also held accountable for their actions just the same. They were asked to keep records and display them for the governments affiliated with it.
    Where are the records?
    How many Clans signed up for the Council of Truth?
    How much credits did you allocate from their sign up?
    Where are these records to assure the Clans who care that you are NOT spending it on, say, Terrorist actions?
    So far, the Director of the Treasury and the Director of Public Relations have both failed to answer this question.
    Did you even keep records?
    A yes or no would suffice, instead of political spin.

(On an OOC note, we won't even go into what was wrong with the whole "Midia" thing. Absolutely no way to directly confront her, and all that. At least we as an org couldn't think of one and the ARKs sure didn't offer one. :/ )

Rhiannon "Allie" Parsons, Archetype Press Director
    Last edited by Killchain; Apr 27th, 2004 at 01:15:34.
    -- Killchain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast