Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mission Settings 101 (version 2.0)

The secret room shows up on the map, with no visible way to get there... you have to run through the wall. I've seen it in subway missions and in cave missions. The loot is in chests in the "hidden" area.

One other thing to note is that most (if not all) "all human" settings that are full Physical have a chance of being robots instead. Some kinds of robots (mechdogs, slayerdroids, etc) are considered humans (and show up as white dots on the mini map) for some reason. If you don't want robots (they're good for blitzing as they don't root you, but can be very hard-hitting if you're fighting you're way through), use one of the Mystical "all human" settings.

This is a great guide, definitely should be sticky-ed, or referred to elsewhere

Thanks Autumnleaves for the tips about the robots... I had heard the settings before, but couldn't remember them... life just got a little easier for my little squishy alts, thank you

I think someone posted a link to it once before in some newbie thread, but i can no longer find it....

can someone pointed the way to that page that has all the QLs and the corresponding levels that can roll them? I.e. who can roll QL 200 missions? Only people at specific levels. I missed rolling a few things at lvl 112 and now can't figure out what next level I can roll 200s again (besides the obvious lvl 200...).

Anyone remember what that link was? Thanks.
    Udon (doctor), Koyangi (trader), Jajangmyun (adventurer) of Shattered Dreams of Rimor. [website]

(now in order of play/activity! along with some other lowbie alts.)

Try /tell helpbot missions # where # is the level mission you want. If you are looking for team missions for specific nanos from boss loot, make your mission a couple levels lower than the nano level, as bosses are always a little higher level than the mission itself.

If helpbot doesn't do this command, try AOTNbot on RK2, or other guild bots on your server.

Just to mention it for sake of completeness, you can also do /tell helpbot level # where # is a character level to see who they can team with, who they can PvP against, and what mission levels they can do (0%, 10%, 20%, etc. 50% difficulty level slider on the mission terminal always gives your current level as the ql of the mission). This also works with most guildbots.

Please note that mishes are ALWAYS completed in large rooms or corridors, then if you don't need token, don't spend your time visiting all the little rooms !
    Eli, pet in Atlantean.
    Jeck, pharmacist in Atlantean.
    Gloomy, cat in Atlantean.

1000 thanks, if i knew how to make a link id link to this from the master blitz list (ill figure it out eventaully)
    The opinions of Slyz do not necessarily reflect those of anyone sane. Slyz is not responsible for anyone shot raped or converted to Mormonism while interacting with Slyz, prices and participation may vary offer valid 2 a.m. through 10 a.m. some assembly required some restrictions may apply see store for details offer subject to change without reason reader not covered in case of gross negligence or cruel and unusual Catholicism. Batteries not included.

clicksaver

How does clicksaver work? does it do the missions for you or just point you in the right direction?

Thanks

Masterduncan 52 MA

Click saver will only check the missions you get at the booth, and will let you know when it found something you want.

Let's say you tell Clicksaver to find a mission that has a specific nanio program as loot.

You open a mission terminal window, place it in the corner and start click saver.. it will click on Generate New Mission and check all the mission it gives you, until you stop it or it finds the nano you asked it to find. Then just click on accept mission and do the mission as usual...

That's all it does.

Which mission settings are best for small missions with human mobs (pref casters), and to which locations?
    All the ducks are swimming in the water

Thumbs up

I would just like to add to this great info tha there is always an exception to the rule, so be prepaired. i dont remember how many missions i've rolling in the full open setting where every door/chest/container in the place was locked. Most of the time traped as well. Made it a real PITA for my MA (no B&E) to do anything. But again thanks to all of you who are bringing light to missions and the ever mysterious clicksaver. I spent about 6 hours looking for a link to DL it and have forever been confused as to what to do with it. LOL then again this is only my 3rd week of playing AO
    Last edited by Sythix; Jun 16th, 2004 at 22:07:07.
    Rimor (RK2)
    Sythix 76 Opifex MA <-- Semi-retired
    Crisey 92 Solitus Fixer

Something i found out whille doing find person missions.
    is that if you use Tab to target mobs it ignore's the person you have 2 find.

now this isnt full proof, because sometime's he does target him. ill edit this post later. gonne do some find person missions now to double check what and when you dont select him

o one more thing THIS IS MY BIBLE absoluut great post

<<<<<<<<<<<EDIT>>>>>>>>>>>>>

ok as promised only done about 10 missions sofar wel after saying i would do them done alot more :P here is what i found sofar.

this is done only with all sliders to the left and with stealth - myst to the right. only human find person missions only sofar. will do the monster missions tomorrow.

but sofar all ten missions when i entred the room where the person i had to find was in. and i used only "TAB" to cycle through afailible mobs. it did not see my mission objective. nor did staying in the room for more then 30 seconds complete my mission. however sofar after 10 mission. all persons i had to find where Omni sided. and i can very wel imagine that when i have to find a monster it will just turn up with TAB will edit this in tomorrow to make sure..
    Last edited by Blacksoul; Jun 24th, 2004 at 21:43:12.

Tabbing

Well...For me...Hitting the Tab on the Find Person works like 90-95% of the time. I have had it not work...but it usually does.

And im up to about 100 missions

Shift and click

With the find person missions i've always used holding shift and clicking on the bad guy. It tells me their name so i can identify if they are the person to kill without completing the mission...

This has always worked for me...

Quote Originally Posted by Meiyen
    Find item missions are generally the preferred type of mission among adventurers, as you get to keep the found item as well as the mission reward. Once you pick up the item, your mission ends, so don't pick it up until all the mobs are dead if you are going for a 100% chance to get your mission token(s).
    Actually the mission completes when you target the item, don't even have to pick it up.

One other thing worth noting is that someone ELSE can blitz a mission for you if it is find item or return item but you still want the reward. When they bring the item back to you, if it is a return item then just use it on the terminal as you normally would. If it was a find item mission, you need to drop it on the ground first then pick it up or target it.
    Bima, Golly, Whatsamatta, Laslingis and an army of sub-100 alts

I appreciate all the great info. I have one question: How do I get missions where I want them? Such as locations. That would help as well. thanks

Baine

Get ClickSaver. Put the locations into ClickSaver and set the Match Location flag.

Then of course you need to be at a misson terminal which will give missions to the location you want. You have to learn where these are.

Mission settings do not affect mission location.
    Bima, Golly, Whatsamatta, Laslingis and an army of sub-100 alts

That is what I was trying to find out. If there was any info that could tell me which terminals pulled missions from which areas. That would make things alot easier.

Well....at high levels....Dont use a mission machine where you want the mission to be....it wont happen

Then there are many places that seem to ALWAYS come up

Im Clan...and high level, SO I get tons at Omni HQ, Home (which I usually pick cause it is fast to get to and friendly) Perpet Waste in the far NE corner, Milkyway, 20K, Belial Forest. I can 99% of the time expect to get at least one of them everytime I roll. I use a machine in OA.

You need to find a favorite common place and live with it

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast