Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Mission Settings 101 (version 2.0)

Small note on using TAB to target.
    Tab will not target mods of the same faction as you.
    IE if you are Omni pressing tab will not target Omni sided mods.
    I've check this alot and it is true (for me at the very least) in all mission types.

Small note on Hidden Rooms and loot
    Not as sure on this one but it seems a Hidden Room has the same random chance of having a chest/box/trash/crashed android/etc as any other room. I've also never notice the loot being any better than normal when I do find them.

Quote Originally Posted by Superbonbon
    Small note on using TAB to target.
    Tab will not target mods of the same faction as you.
    IE if you are Omni pressing tab will not target Omni sided mods.
    I've check this alot and it is true (for me at the very least) in all mission types.
    Yes, and using full-stealth (I think) will most often get you a find person mission where the target is of your own side... The settings I tend to use are:-
    |o--|---|
    |o--|---|
    |---|--o|
    |---|--o|
    |---o---|
    |o--|---|
    So it might be full-stealth and full-good or something. I don't know.

Further Edit: That's not even full-stealth, is it? That's 50% stealth. Oops. In any case... the settings I listed are right, not what I said about stealth.

This gets me a lot of 'find person' missions with Clan targets (and I am Clan). This means if I somehow haven't managed to lose the aggroing mobs when my fixer gets to the target (because I'm gimp ), I don't have to tab through them all to get the target, I can just ctrl+tab to get the target. It's a minor thing for blitzing, but it does mean if you're token-farming (a) the target probably won't aggro you (this doesn't seem to work 100% of the time for some reason) and (b) you won't accidentally target the mission objective before you're done with everything else. It should also be noted that if you do have a same-side target who doesn't aggro you, killing him won't get you any xp

Edit: I'm not sure how this works for neutral players, since neutrals will be aggroed by neutral mobs... But maybe you will get a non-aggro target or something. But you're not going to be token farming anyway...

Now my question is: can anyone confirm or deny that different mission settings get you different mission rewards? I've been trying to get some omni-med suits and I have almost three whole sets now, but absolutely no sleeves. It would be nice to know if I'm doing something wrong or if I've just been unlucky...
    Last edited by Monczeli; Jul 18th, 2006 at 18:42:25.
    Roland "Monczeli" Faoláin - 189/11/42 - Assembly

egadsrk2: I can't recall the last time I played this game with pants on.

Bump bump
    Last edited by ratheden1; Jan 5th, 2007 at 23:21:13.

Very nice post.

Has anyone figured out a setting where you get more chests/crates/barrels? I always noticed that single missions have very few of these and team missions have 'sometime's one in every room.
    Hotlipz - Sharrin

huge problem if not already said, this is ALL dependent on mission QL. You will have two very different results from say 190 to 250 mission.

Exclamation for cru farmers

one day i have done mission and decided to farm crus i have discover that human type bosses drop more crus then animal bosses can someone confirm it ? or i just imagine?
    Last edited by barak4heart; Nov 14th, 2007 at 14:33:29. Reason: spelling erors

Bump

because it was bloddy hard to find in the first place

any ideas to get Cyborgs in mission, i have try many settings but nothingelse than dogs/humans....

help welcome thks
    ||||||||

Quote Originally Posted by barbs View Post
    any ideas to get Cyborgs in mission, i have try many settings but nothingelse than dogs/humans....

help welcome thks

Observations (not covered by first post):

1) a) Mob types are level locked. A QL198 [lowest before 200 for 220 roller] mission can still have the following non-human mobs:

Anvians
    Medusae
    Aquaans + Queens (mob type only seen in missions)
    Slayerdroids / Bureaucrat type droids
    Hell hounds / Biobeasts
    Sewer scuttlers
    Cyborgs
    Snakes (king boas etc)
    Mantis

However, of these, Aquaans will always be grey to you - never green, and all but one sub-species of mantis will be grey [e.g. nano = always grey etc etc. There's only one subspecies that can be green]. All other types can be green, however, the sub-species determines level (or vice versa?!). Aquaan grunt = lower than soldier = lower than Queen.

A QL220 mission never places any other non-human mob than hell hounds or slayer droids, in my experience, whatever the chaos - physical/mystical sliders are set to. . The only exception is mobs created from trapped chests / door - roller-rats / sewer scuttlers / lizards.

This strongly suggests that level ranges have an effect on mob types in missions [as a comparison, rolling Ql50 missions results in many different RK mobs, from claws all the way through bubags etc] and that past a certain QL, RK monsters simply don't appear. I suspect this range is found between 200-210. I originally thought that this might be to do with RK dyna mobs, and those that can go past 200 - in fact, I think this might have some weight. Apart from that there are 200+ dynas of the vortexoid type, and I've never seen them in missions.

1b) Physical / Mystical determines mob choice. I've not done enough research to get this 100% down, but the following are based roughly on observation:

0% = Full physical
    100% = Full mystical

Hell hounds are 0 - 25% (but see point above - if there's nothing else in the range, the selection is taken from available types)
    Cyborgs are 35 - 65
    Anvians are 50-75
    Medusa are 60 - 100

I'll have to start recording the phys / mystical divide and making notes. Mob selection is randomised however, and there doesn't seem to be a magic formula for getting the mob choice you want - e.g. 100% chaos can sometimes give human mobs in QL198 missions.
    Last edited by Kaitlain; Jul 21st, 2009 at 13:35:50.

A QL220 mission never places any other non-human mob than hell hounds or slayer droids, in my experience, whatever the chaos - physical/mystical sliders are set to. . The only exception is mobs created from trapped chests / door - roller-rats / sewer scuttlers / lizards.
    Not exactly. I saw Bio-arranged Beasts 666 (or how are they called) on 250ql mishes quite often.

Quote Originally Posted by NanoAdy View Post
    Not exactly. I saw Bio-arranged Beasts 666 (or how are they called) on 250ql mishes quite often.
    Sigh.

They're part of the hellhound family of mobs.

So when I say "hellhounds" this includes all the various ones.

Just like when I said "Medusae" this includes entertainers, soldiers, matrons yadda yadda yadda.

Info point. Mob structure works like this: [FAMILY] -> [SPECIFIC TYPE]. Missions choose a [FAMILY] then the ql of the mission / mob determines [SPECIFIC TYPE]. There seems to be a randomising element to this, meaning that the first mob encountered is often higher value ql than others, and the "deeper" you get into a mission [distance from entrance door] the higher the ql of them. I suspect a randomising algorithm, but no idea what it is. So, for instance, an anvian fleet commander is a greater ql than a normal anvian. (In ql198 mishes, only the fleet commanders will be level 200 / green to a 220).

This is most striking in the [AQUAAN] family: Queens share a totally different avatar to the normal priest / soldier / grunt mobs.
    Last edited by Kaitlain; Jul 29th, 2009 at 15:23:31.

271 QL Miy Boots Nano Armor from 218 lvl Medusa on mish =P

WTB Nano Targeting Helper QL 263+

Hecatomb of Pain Lords on mission and nothing =(
    Last edited by Mavritanic; Jul 30th, 2009 at 09:14:17.
    The Clan Messiah statement
    You hit Nirvelle with nanobots for 7110365 points of radiation damage.
    Alternity: I never initiated a serious dialog

"... who are you, then?"
    "I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good" (c) Goethe

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^\| ||\____
    |.............Vodka-Vodka..........| ||','''|'''''''\____,
    |_______..... _________________| ||__|'__|_____||<
    '''''(@)'(@)''''''''''''''''''''''**|(@)(@)******| (@)*

Quote Originally Posted by Mavritanic View Post
    QL 277 Miy's armor sleeves dropped on mish. =D

My researches results about mobs max lvl on mishes.

Medusas - 225 max lvl
    Drillers - 220 max lvl
    Cyborgs - 200 lvl

Anvians - nothing - i dont found no1 on 200+ mish
    Aquans - nothing - i dont found no1 on 200+ mish
    So what kind of sliders did you use?
    "Many philosophical problems are caused by such things as the simple inability to shut up."
    I am Luciesa - Octowuss - Ssupotco

still addicted since 2001-07-03 11:55:38

Has anyone managed to get medusas in 198+ mission? Me I had no luck, never found a missions with them.
    "Many philosophical problems are caused by such things as the simple inability to shut up."

set mishes to 100% chaos, 100% mystical, then try rolling for mishes located in mines or caves. Most of the time you will get humans or hounds, but now and again you will get Medusas (either mixed in with humans or other creatures), then its a case of drop luck.

Note that the highest lvl Medusas can reach are lvl 235, so rolling 250 mishes are a waste
    Scene :: Meta-Physicist :: 220/30/70
    Scenetoo :: Trader :: 204/28/52
    Scentinal :: Enforcer :: 165/22/33
    Scenato :: Keeper :: 136/16/25

AO Universe - by players, for players :: former general of Omni-Pol

I usually pull usual missions to Broken Shores, so are you saying the chances are significantly lower there?
    What would the average % chance of medusas in missions anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by octopuss View Post
    I usually pull usual missions to Broken Shores, so are you saying the chances are significantly lower there?
    What would the average % chance of medusas in missions anyway?
    Humans live in buildings. Humans also use robots. Animals live in caves. I think this also applies here.

I didn't take note what mobs are found in which locations. This is just from my personal experience. If I roll chaos missions then I'll get more animal and non-human mobs (robots). If the mission is in a cave I'll get animals. If the mission is in buildings I'll get mechdogs and slayerdroids.
    First small fat Engi on RK1 who danced ballet in Red Twil Thigh High Boots in front of an Advy and got pronounced to greatness almost instantly.

Afreng (220/30/70 engineer) Alfora
    Keepitsimple Exploratia Malpora Osmosa Tunneleffect Eccegratia Littleboy

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Or, well, that's how it's supposed to work. ;P

Could someone enter exact settings for getting pain lords here?

Ie. mission ql,all sliders, location of the mission, % of missions which have pain lords.
    Also would be nice if you have experienced that you can actually loot something from them.

What settings for Drill? -bump-
    RK1

220/30 Soldier, 220/22 Shade, 170/24 Agent, 150/14 NT, 150/14 Adv, 150/19 Keeper, 150/20 Crat, 165/21 Fixer, 150/20 MA, 150/18 Doc, 100/10 MP, 150/11 Trader
    60/06 Enfo, 60/06 Engi, 60/06 Fixer

bump for one of the most helpful/ thoughtfully researched forum posts of all time.
    Copperneedle 207 doc Ex-president Whisper's Edge
    -others on RK1 CLAN!-

New Perma-Resident to Test Live

Binarybits 220/26/70 President of :
    Loyal order of the Guinea pig

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234