Thread: Full ip-reset - testing time?

Full ip-reset - testing time?

Well, I figured since there's a full IP reset coming with LE now might be the time to fiddle a bit with different weapon skills etc.

Just to be able to break from cookie cutter onehander/kmp fixer, anyone ever tried hotswapping the noob gun with SMG? Reperk into power up for the added RE skill and get a pretty decent AS/fling and go for a SMG with decent crits inbetween. Might even go for a carbine/ksmg - type 5 swapping setup. Power Up gives a small boost to ranged energy, though we will miss out on the AI line for it as RE is Heavy Artillery.

Another option obviously would be a fantag, though I think it's been done all too often and just isn't worth it..

Any other good ideas? I'm sorta fed up with the ****ty onehander 600 damage ASs that you can get.

I'm considering trying this for a bit, though obviousley if it's been done before I won't bother ;p
    Last edited by reyn; May 29th, 2006 at 13:11:11.

Testing time.... GOOD LUCK!
    Biggest lie of the century

Quote Originally Posted by Mavritanic View Post
    Make clan PvP zerg-bot is destroy pvp-action in AO.

Tnx!

Well... I wouldn't gimp myself too much and save at least a few IPR points.
    I mean what happens if they have to delay LE for six months?
    Or have to ship it half-finished without the full IPR?

Even if you do get the full IPR it may prove vital to have a few spare IPR points in case you forget some vital skill, especially since LE might change which skills are important.

Good luck with your testing though, and let us know how it goes.
    May your RD always kick in between death and reclaim.
    Honest Businessmen and women: The Mockers
    I eat Grid Armor nanos. *BURP* Hungry again!
    Power Users run Anarchy Online from Linux.

well, actually, this is my second fixer so I still have 23 ip reset points at 215 Not quite sure why I never bothered with it before but I figured now would be an ideal time anyhow seeing as I can get all my stuff on rather easy (effective symbs are a piece of cake)

if you want fast swap time and good as then try an arbalest, 0.5 sec swap time. Problem is you will be non stop swapping in pvp, while that works it sort of sucks. But Gl testing.
    /tell Trillium
    /tell Azteca
    /tell Xanthophyll
    /tell Tryptophan

Quote Originally Posted by reyn
    Well, I figured since there's a full IP reset coming with LE now might be the time to fiddle a bit with different weapon skills etc.

Just to be able to break from cookie cutter onehander/kmp fixer, anyone ever tried hotswapping the noob gun with SMG? Reperk into power up for the added RE skill and get a pretty decent AS/fling and go for a SMG with decent crits inbetween. Might even go for a carbine/ksmg - type 5 swapping setup. Power Up gives a small boost to ranged energy, though we will miss out on the AI line for it as RE is Heavy Artillery.
    I highly doubt you will land any of those power up perks on anyone, but I don't know. There's also the question of where you'd get the IP to max ranged energy.

By carbine do you mean an EC3? because the swap time on that thing is pretty long :\

There's a lot of things about the fixer profession that still haven't been pioneered fully but I honestly believe that if there was a more efficient alternative to KMP/onehander setup in pvp, someone would've found it by now. Not to say stop searching, but that's just my view on it.
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

tried the power up line... nothing lands great in pvp at all..

nevermind the fact you cant train it higher than 1-5
    Fixxx0 220 27 64 FIXER
    Turboed 220 21 66 SOLDIER

General Of Redemption

Quote Originally Posted by Fixxx0
    tried the power up line... nothing lands great in pvp at all..

nevermind the fact you cant train it higher than 1-5

Yah, with powerup, since the perks use RE as the attack skill, I don't see a fixer being able to get a high enough RE skill to make it practicle for pvp use. The perks rarely land in pvm with just a full set of alium armor.
    Aratink 220/30 Fixer
    Proud General of Dark Front
    Clanslator
    Quote Originally Posted by Kijomimi
    See? It all starts with you doing something stupid. Maybe if you were not so stupid, you would have less problems.

*brushes dust from his shoulders*

SPeaking form a fixer who ruined himself by blowing his last IPR's on the very same "testing" you are speaking of...

Dont waste yer time. Im waiting for LE to FIX the ****ups I did with that. Most of those combinations..not only have I tried several times (to my dismay) but are utterlly useless in pvp (the **** never lands now..thank you FC for making a skill required to make em hit).

Ive maxed RE skill as much as I can..and tried various perk and weapon combinations. Worthless..

I tried a carbine/ksmg for laughs...not good uses

Ive used Full Auto weapons repeatedly...no way can get FA high enough to be reliable, burst recharge sucked with them..wasnt really fast swap times..and FA recharge was abomidable for pvp use's.

Was one of the first fixers to use a Fahgt-y gun, was nice till I shot something with AC's :P Still usefull..sort of..but not high end pvp (maybe a 140ish fixer would be a terror with one..but not a 215+ one....

Ive tried shotgun..same issues..lack of skills.

Pistols with various combinations ...still..same issues..lack of skill to make perks effective.

Hell, I even played with energy Rapiers...again..the kicker": still not hihg enough skills to make any formm of "cookie" cutter breakaway effective.

only reason the onehander/MP combo even works is casue of the broken Aimed shot mechanics..othewrwise..youd never se that "mold".

Save yer IPR's..even though ye will get a free mass one...aint worth the time.
    Metalynx: 216..... 4 more levels and the server will shut down!

Metalynx: "I seriously hope all the stupid people in the world don't congrigate in one spot, for all the weight of this massive amount of raw idiodicy, might collapse upon itself, creating a Singularity of Ignorant Stupidity, unmatched in strength by any black hole in the universe"

Quote Originally Posted by Metalynx
    *brushes dust from his shoulders*

SPeaking form a fixer who ruined himself by blowing his last IPR's on the very same "testing" you are speaking of...

... stuff edited...

Save yer IPR's..even though ye will get a free mass one...aint worth the time.
    amen save them cause they are uber precious FC gave the iprs for when they change the game so much that your char is broken without resetting the skills. I personally will not waste them on trying novel stuff and frankly have little sympathy for those that do and then run out.. but thats just mean old me At least you know there is a brief window of opportunity with the mass one... then you can fix it all in one go i guess
    Queen of the Ninjas

Slyyk - MUHAHAHA! Old Fixers never die, they just take a different grid exit.

Cosmik - And don't worry, Jorji. We've got FC love for everyone. It's stockpiled and going out the door.

Jorji's art page (some mature content )

zomg she finally got myspace lawls