Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Official Answers

Official Answers

The old "Official Answers" thread can be found in the archive here.

I will continue to add to the Official Answers thread here, and answers will be posted from across all the various forums. So, keep an eye on this thread for official answers from Funcom. Enjoy!

Originally posted by Ashuras
    Funcom, are your MOBS on STERIODS ?

I've just noticed that they REGENERATE hitpoints at an IMPOSSIBLE RATE.

I can SEE their hitpoint bar moving back even when I was fighting.

It is almost as if they have a HOT on them ALL THE TIME!

I cannot even see my hitpoint bar move back that fast with a HOT on me!

This gets worse with those mobs that have lots of hitpoints (eg. Enforcers).

With this kind of regen speed, they don't need to cast heals anymore.

And.... previously, when I have a tough fight at the entrance, when things were pretty even and both and the mob were almost dead, I ran away .. ie. zone out.

Healed up with heals + treatment kits + 1st aid, etc. And when I zone back... *&(!@#^ the mobs have fully recovered as well!

What is the meaning of this ? Those mobs are NOT healing mobs.. how can they recover so fast ?

It is VERY UNFAIR. I don't mind if they are healing mobs.. but they aren't!

Sigh... it's almost impossible for me to kill anothing that cons higher level than me now. No matter how many times I zone out to recover
    Outside of a fight with a MOB - like if you run from the mission area to heal up - MOBs are meant to regenerate their health fast. In a fight, they regenerate slow. I've read alot of the posts on this though and obviously if they are regenerating health fast whilst fighting, well, Houston, we have a bug.

So I can gather the information on this and get the team to look further into this, is there any pattern in which MOBs regnerate health quickly during a fight? For example, do they do it at certain times? Does this happen when using certain weapons? Does this happen when you heal yourself?

Also, what kind of MOBs (exact names would be most helpful) are doing this super regeneration?

Lay it on me guys. If a bug is there (and I'll have to agree it looks like it) we'll squash it.
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

Originally posted by WGMelchior
    "The bureaucrat will gain a new nano that allows them to increase the taunting ability of their pet [...]"

If you add the effect of trimmers, will this mean crat pets taunt even better than the engineer pets? Or will the advantage in damage balance that? Does the amount of damage you do actually play a role in who a mob attacks? Can these nanos be used on engineer robots, if we group with a Crat?
    From Blackmane, our nano guy extraordinaire: There is a limit to the amount of hate a pet can take on itself (100%). Using both a trimmer and these nanos, you could reach that limit - this would mean that all the hate that the pet generates would remain on the pet. The Bureaucrat will only be able to buff their own pet, as per normal.

Will they get the nano that matches the QL of the pet, or will they get one some steps lower?
    The level of the buffs that the bureaucrat pets may get have not been decided, but there will not be a buff for each version of the pet you can create - it may end up using the same buff for 5 or 10 levels.

Originally posted by Graukonig
    With these changes does it mean that Crats will be able to have three pets? A robot pet, stable charmed MOB, and unstable MOB. Or will they be able to cast the charms on more than one MOB each?
    Well, true. Bureaucrats can potentially have 3 pets. The first, obviously, is there robotic servant. The second pet can be gained by using the 'stable' charm line. The third pet can be obtained by using the 'unstable' charm line, which has a shorter duration, and only if they can land that charm. Landing this second charm is deinfately harder than landing the 'stable' charm. Meta Physicists on the other hand can easily have their stable of pets as long as they have the nano energy to spare.

So, you'll see more Meta Physicists running around their full selection of pets rather than the Bureaucrats.

Originally posted by dfield
    Thank you thank you thank you. Just one question: Is any of this stuff going to require Matter Metamorph? I've been stockpiling IP in anticipation of changes, so I should have enough to up psychology. Please condiser not requiring matt met; butif you are going to, could we have fair warning?
    None use Matter Metamorphosis.

I can hear the collective sigh of relief from the Bureaucrats.

"It is now possible to sit on chairs and sofas! No more tired feet for you!"

Sit on or sit in? I mean, can we actually sit down on the sofa or do we just sit crosslegged on top of it?
    I just got an update on this. Currently this addition is not part of the patch, and so will be removed from the patch message. However, it will still be implemented, only at a later date. So, sorry, you'll have to walk around on those feet for a little while longer (or dance them off! My choice of recreational activity). We'll definately let you know when it's patched in.

Originally posted by Adolanabantz
    Okay,

As an RPer I was happy when they opened the Rebel in Tir and the other bars around Rubi-Ka. I thought it was a neat idea and a good place for RPers to gather and chat and such.

Then a few days ago for the first time I visited God's (Funcom's?) gift to the RPer: The Reet Retreat. It is HUGE, it is beautiful and I love it!!

The problem:

Its in the middle of nowhere!!! Give us something like that in Tir or Athens!! Move the thing! PLEASE I BEG OF YOU

You must know the saying about real estate: location, location, location! All I know is that whoover opened that place must be operating with some serious debt. It's like building the world's greatest amusement park in the artic circle.. who cares how good it it if no one if gonna make the trip?

My personal sugestion is that Funcom drop everthing it is doing and attend to this pressing matter at once. Who cares about "bugs" or "PvP balancing"? I just want somewhere to show off my lastest Miir outfits and dance

(heehee dammit... posted this in the wrong place. Um... Mr. Moderator? HELP!)
    We have no plans to move Reet Retreat. In fact, I'll go as far as to say it's staying put for good. However, more clubs will be opened, with each one bringing more unique rooms and atmospheres in which to shake your pixel booty.

Reet Retreat may be a run for some, but I think you'll agree it's definately worth it.

Originally posted by Ford Prefect
    When 13.0 was released the only changes to the agent were related to engineer and crat pets. However what I didnt read in the build notes and changes made to the game didnt include modifing conceal. Basically what I would like to know is were these changes to conceal intentional? If so why, and why weren't we informed about them? If these changes weren't intentional can we expect them to be fixed in the next patch?

I try my best to stay informed as much as I can going to this site reading whats going on as well as some of the more popular sites and I'd like to know why we can't get an official statement as to what's going on? Personally I have invested alot into conceal, every level I raise it till its maxed, I spent alot of ip to equip the highest quality implants for conceal as well as treatment and abilities to use them and the agent doesnt have much in the way of special abilities.

On a plus note I like the change to aimed shot, I was really getting tired of getting 90 point aimed now I get at least 700 but as soon as a nano hits me poof I can't get an aimed off so really lets us know what's going on. it's not much to ask for, just a simple opps and we intend to do...or we made these changes because....
    Ok, I've got an answer for you guys now. We're still looking into Concealment, working out what works and what doesn't. It's improtant we come up with a solution which is not a quick fix that inadvertently causes headaches. So, the short answer: we're still looking at it.

However, I'll use this opportunity to ask you guys what you think would be a good fix. How would you like to see Concealment used? Throw in your input, I'd love to hear it. I'll also be passing it onto Gaute personally

Originally posted by Zephora
    I tried healing last night and the very instant I clicked "team heal" I was aggroed by every mob in the 60m vicinity. The rest of the group tried very hard to pull them off - we even had another doctor in the group, poor thing cast a target heal on me to help and then BAM, both docs are now the tanks while the team tries in vain to kill the mobs before they kill the docs. I was rolling on the floor laughing at the sheer over-exagguration of this "hate list" thingy. I mean c'mon, the ONLY TWO getting attacked were both docs?! Silly, so silly. I could be wrong here, this could all be a case of massive group bad luck hysteria, but the docs sure seem to be getting a raw deal here. Of course, to be fair, so are a lot of other classes.

------
    Zeph
    www.aorealms.com
    Right now, at this exact point in time, I can say we are looking into the hate list and the effect it has on Doctors. Now, I did notice quite a few players welcoming the changes. That's great. I love to hear that. But I also noticed there were some problems Doctors had, especially with team heals. The designers might consider adjusting the system so this "I'll just cast team heal and save my team...oh MY..NO NO NO!! GET EM OFF ME!!!" effect is changed. As I said, it's something to look into, and we've been gathering information on what's been going on. I'll keep you guys updated as to what happens.

As for those that liked the changes, I'm glad. Puts some more skill and strategy into the game, yes?

Originally posted by Sinclare
    I only got to test the new patch for an hour or so last night but here is my major gripe.

Post v13 I could solo yellow/oranges and do an average dmg of 60-150 dmg per hit (I am a lv 47 adv dual wielding ql 66 OT swords).

After patch : Any yellow/orange mobs (and many green mobs) I NEVER hit for more than min dmg...which is around 35 dmg per hit.

Don't get me wrong I do think yellow's/orange's should be hard but min dmg on every hit? Not to mention the fact that they are hitting me for arond 1.5x to 2x what they used to. If it wasn't for my inate healing abilities I wouldn't be able to take on a singe green, not to mention a room full of 2-4 yellow/orange mobs in the first room of missions (and that's even missions). I believe this was taken to a bit of an extreme or is some kind of bug in the code (perhaps the pvp cap is somehow bugging the pvm play)

You know how long it takes to beat down a lv 55 mob at 35 dmg per hit? A Looooooooong time. I don't see how non-combat classes are doing it. I am just glad to be well balanced at the moment between combat and healing but this needs to be looked into.
    I've read alot of posts on this and I wanted to get as much information as I could before I came went to the team and came back with some answers for you.

Firstly, there has been no stealth buffing. MOB AC has not been increased in 13.0. The only changes brought into 13.0 concerning MOB behaviour was a healing rate change (in a fight versus out of a fight).

That being said, the programmers are aware of this issue decreased damage issue (believe me, I've let it be known. I got my Trader tush handed to me on the end of a green grid hacker foot the other day ) and it'll be sorted out. Obviously, as I get more information on this, I'll let you guys know. In the meantime, any more information you guys can give is certainly not going to waste. Thanks for your patience in letting me get back to you.

Originally posted by KiaLium
    Funcom,

I know there are a lot of folks who would like some clarification around how offensive and defensive skills interact with the Def/Agg slider. The manual and online documentation is too vague to be of much use in this area. I was wondering if you could take this question back to the appropriate person and get an answer for us.

How does the Def/Agg slider effect Init and Evade skills? Does moving the slider one way or another add or subtract from these skills? It appears taking the slider off full Agg also lowers my minimum damage per hit. Is this intentional?

I understand that it slows and speeds up attacks, but how does it effect skills such as parry? There is a lot of debate about this and some clear understanding of exactly how Def/Agg comes into play with attacks and defense would be of great help to all of us here.

The answer to this question, if in depth enough, would probably be a good candidate to be added to the FAQ. Thanks for any help on this one.

Kialium 49 MA

Original thread started 10/26/01 Here: http://archive.aoforums.funcom.com/s...threadid=62423
    Ok guys, I got this answer for you: "Aggdef affects how quickly you attack, and your own defensive abilities. The higher your aggdef, the faster you attack, but the more likely you are to be hit. The lower your aggdef, the slower you attack, but you are less likely to be hit. Your own aggdef doesn't affect how likely it is that your attack will succeed (your opponent's aggdef will affect this). It doesn't affect parry at all."

So the short answer, yes, the aggdef bar does affect how well you evade etc

Originally posted by Transcendent
    [Regarding Summon Grid Armor] Like the topic said. It's in the items database but it seems it haven't been "turned on" in the physical gameworld. Why are you holding it back and when are we going to get it?
    ETA? ETA is now. This nano formula is already in-game. It's available by tradeskill only, so if you haven't found it in a mission or such, that's why. Time to get a-tinkering with those tradeskills.

Originally posted by Vandame
    Í play a lvl 104 MA.
    Sometimes i like to pvp and im doing ok agains most all proffessions except the ones with roots.

When i face a rooter i am completely defenceless, he can just root me and then kill me at his lesiure.

This is total BS, how can you let a proffession totaly OWN martial artists in pvp? I mean it dosent mater if im lvl 180 and his lvl 75 he can still root me for the entire duration.

Nano resist dosent seem to do anything at all atm, and self taunt never works.
    So please tell me FC what should i do? Raise nano resist? start using a Bow? play DAOC? what?

Vandame
    Raising nano resist will increase your chances of countering a root nano program. Nano resist is basically an evade skill. It either 'sidesteps' the the full nano effect or lets the full effect through (with you being rooted as a result). Nano resist is working, including chances of breaking it.

Of course, if you spend IP in it is up to you. I'm just giving you the facts. But if roots are giving you a hard time, nano resist is the evade skill to go for.

Originally posted by Satherial
    I think it's incredibly disappointing that they not only require nano skills but on top of that require 1hb or 2hb skills. If they're no-drop items then there will be no twinking with giving lower levels god items. It is (I believe) self-cast so you wouldn't be able to cast it on others to give them your item either.

Please Funcom consider removing the requirements before this mistake goes any further. I see no real reason as to why they should require such a costly skill. We already have to meet the requirements of the nano to cast the item, and then on top of that pump a dark blue (2 in some cases) to use it after that? Sorry Funcom but this was a big flop.

Please do this fast before too many people pump all their points into these skills.
    Truth be told, weapons are weapons - even if they are created by a nano program. Basically, you have to know how to use a weapon even if you've summoned it out of 'thin air'. This is the reason why the Meta-Physicist weapons are given stats.

Yes, it's true that you already need to spend IP in the nano skills to summon the weapons, but you increase your nano skills anyway to use other lines of nano programs. So, looking at it from that point of view, you're not spending any extra IP into nano skills you wouldn't use nor are you wasting IP. As for the weapon skills, speaking from personal experience, every Meta-Physicist I know of uses a weapon. To see a Meta-Physicist rely on nano programs only is a rare sight indeed. So, if a player is going to spend IP in a weapon skill it's not like he/she is wasting IP by placing it in 1hb, for example.

As for nano skill costs, 1hb (for example) costs around the same IP as does pistol and martial arts - the other two most used combat styles by Meta-Physicists. All Meta-Physicist weapon skills are dark blue, so Meta-Physicists aren't sacrificing a green skill by putting IP into 1hb.

So, there are no plans to remove the weapon skill requirements on the Meta-Physicist weapons. They requirements have a use and work well for the profession. Please continue to give me feedback though. I'm glad this came up.

Got a bit confused by your answer...

Could you please explain how hate is amassed?

If my pet (50% agg) and myself (0% agg) encounters a mob, how is hate allocated before anyone hit anyone?

What causes hate to build up on a mob?
    Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. To answer your question, the aggression level has no direct impact on the amount of hate a MOB 'feels' towards you. There are several ways to build up a MOBs hate, with dealing damage and healing as the most usual ones. A pet building up hate from a MOB will share this hate with its master, thus a master helping his pet will be very likely to draw the MOB's attention to himself.

Hope that explains it.

Originally posted by Szentisha
    Someone really dropped the ball on this one! Why on earth is the color for team chat and of tells the same now? This causes all sorts of confusion! Please, please, please put team chat back to that ugly green color, or at least make it a unqiue color which is not the same as tell.

This seems like a minor issue, but believe me, these little details are what sometimes makes this game a major pain to play.

Please hear my pleas!!!!!

- Szentisha
    Yeah, I've read quite a few posts from people wanting to have the colors set back to their original state, or wanting the solors changed to something else.

We are currently working on making the chat colours customisable on the client. This means that you will be able to select from an array of colors for your own text and have your text whatever color you want. Of course, this means that if you don't like the text color, you only have yourself to blame.

Originally posted by Maximilian
    He, that sounds like a patch I could start looking forward to.

/me flatters before Savant
    'A tiny fix to the team missions, please, please. Make the money split evenely or give the total to mission owner, please, please!!!
    /me stands up, removes that slime, takes a shower and tries to behave normally
    The missions that are available for teams in the game right now are not proper team missions. We are working on getting interesting and fully functional team missions into the game, and proper reward splitting between the team members is one of the main features. At the moment the details of the team missions are very hush-hush, but you'll be finding out more soon. Don't you just love surprises? And it's not even Christmas yet!

Originally posted by NewShadow
    I'm loving the ability to get missions inside a city. I have a lvl 43 soldier and I hated having to run to Stret East or Andromeda. When the missions got bugged I created a fixer to play with for awhile and I was getting missions to Stret West at lvl 5. With the patch I can now do missions again and at lvl 15 I can still get missions inside a city if I want. I say keep the missions the way they are. Just add a distance slider.
    Just a small update -

A distance slider for missions is being considered. We also hope to look at other aspects of missions as well.

Originally posted by chynn
    ....The NT profession's "holy grail" is the Island of Jobe. According to the AO documentation, Jobe contains libraries, teachers, shops, and so on, dedicated to the NT profession. If you want it/need it/want to know what it's about, and it's an NT item, then go to Jobe ... because that's where the answers are supposed to be.

Jobe is supposed to be a neutral site for two reasons: NTs are notorious for their independent attitude so they wouldn't take the Omni side in the clan wars; therefore, to neutralize them, Omni-Tek reached an agreement with the NTs that allowed them to settle on Jobe in return for not taking sides in the clan/omni wars.

Got it so far?

Good, because the absence of NT stuff in the city shops is because the really "neato" NT stuff is supposed to be on the Island of Jobe.

Unfortunately, and ONLY because Funcom released AO early, the Island of Jobe playfield does not exist ... and neither do its connecting play fields like: The Reck, Spur, and Bay of Rome play fields....
    Jobe is not forgotten. Take that answer how you wish, but the cryptic answer from the team is "Jobe is not forgotten".

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast