Thread: Challenger of Elysium/Ergo Scheol Ring Bug

Challenger of Elysium/Ergo Scheol Ring Bug

When doing the challenger of elysium quest for the scheol ring i invite my cousin a level 207 fixer to come in and help me kill it since the damn thing is level 90 with 1000000000 HP and im only level 72 and i would tier 1 on for a pvp twink. Then as soon as we get to challenger it disapears after about 3 or 4 shots. Just vanishes off the screen and out of the area. Like if theres some anti solo thing that only tracks your damage. Its real wierd, hope this isnt the case since that would be the gayest thing ever. Anyone else has this problem
    Lilleet - (Retired) Level 60 Enforcer Rookie Dual Wielding Chief Cook Cleaver
    Lilfeet - (Retired) Level 132 Apprentice Agent
    Lilleet2 - (Reincarnated) Level 92 Panther/Tier1 Twink (Complete) (Main,leveling for the big 220!)
    Mortigbeater - Level 60 Freshman Dual Wielded Mortiig Beater twink (Completed)

Dunno, haven't happened to me, and I have had more than one char do what you're attempting to do. Fortunately, all you need to do is go out, delete the misison, and talk to Ergo again to get a fresh one, then go in and try again.
    This is only my opinion of course, but I'm entitled to it.

BattleFalcon, Unit Commander of Desert Winds
    Bandasje, first ever neutral TL6 doctor, any server.

Might be some clipping bug when hes trying to run away from the big scary lvl 207 so he runs through a wall or something. Anyway, if you kill the named Imps just outside Ergos cave (Asperous Imp etc), they drop a nano called Bane of the Challenger. When you run that nano program you get a special attack you can use agains the Challenger to gimp him. Or so I hear.. never tried it myself

Re: Challenger of Elysium/Ergo Scheol Ring Bug

"Then as soon as we get to challenger it disapears after about 3 or 4 shots. Just vanishes off the screen and out of the area. Like if theres some anti solo thing that only tracks your damage."

Had the same problem, the Challenger will disappear whenever someone else but you hit him, or if you get healed by someone while fighting him... you're apparently expected to beat him on your own, even if nothing in the dialogue indicates that.

If you can't beat him alone you're effectively stuck until either level 90 when you can upload the Bane of the Challenger nano which will give you attack that kills him in single hit, or until level 80 when you can get free access to Scheol. (which makes no sense really -- those who want to get 'proper' access through quest and all need to wait longer than those who want free access with no effort involved...)