Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: New Token boards Needed

Well, since some people do not want to run a ton of extra missions to have the newest 'best board', and others want something as a reward for all their extra tokens, why not put in two different things at once?
    How about expanding the current board and adding something like Medals of Honor?

Maybe the medals could attach to the board and give it a bronze, silver, or gold frame, along with some extra bonuses.
    I have no idea how someone would get the medals, but the people who are willing to spend the time on them would be sure that they are recieved fairly.

Does this sound good, or should I scrap the idea?

Btw; good luck with that board Hobbes, an ARK or GM might be able to help, but that bug sounds rare.

Have you purchased a new board Hobbes? Not sure if anyone reccomended that. The board is representative of your token count. Buying a new board and clicking it will update it to your current count. I'm not sure, you might have to upgrade it each step, over and over until you get to your proper board. Someone should reply if they know.
    Borxet

Good thoughts guys, but....

GM said, "This is a known bug, we are working on it."

Since the tokens are stored on the character, I deleted my old board. Purchased a new one and upgraded to the 1000 board. All intervening boards displayed properly. The 1000 board still won't diplay.

The bright side is that it does equip and give me the attributes.

PS: The GM was not interested in buying all my tokens over 1000 from me. I was asking 10 million for the 200 extra I have.
    "So shines a good deed in a weary world."

I still think new boards aren't needed. What's needed is something taking away from people's tokens.

A 1000 token board means absolutely nothing to anyone except skill bonuses. Why? Because it's physically impossible to lose a token. If the boards are to mean something besides the fact that someone has run xxx missions, then it should be possible to lose a token through regular game play.

Or, for the more sadistic people like myself, lose tokens at regular intervals unless you do something to earn a token. Sort of the "That was yesterday. What have you done for me today?" mentality.
    History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

Originally posted by Kuroshio
    I still think new boards aren't needed. What's needed is something taking away from people's tokens.

A 1000 token board means absolutely nothing to anyone except skill bonuses. Why? Because it's physically impossible to lose a token. If the boards are to mean something besides the fact that someone has run xxx missions, then it should be possible to lose a token through regular game play.

Or, for the more sadistic people like myself, lose tokens at regular intervals unless you do something to earn a token. Sort of the "That was yesterday. What have you done for me today?" mentality.
    I really don't like the idea of losing tokens if you haven't done anything 'noteworthy' after a designated period of time. You get a token after doing a good deed for your faction. Its yours, you earned it, it can't be taken away. We don't need tokens being revoked because that would just force people into MORE missions, and this is something we need to get away from. I don't care if new boards are or aren't added, what I want and what this game needs is alternatives to missions.

Missions are the ideal way to gain xp right now because its the highest return of xp with the lowest amount of risk. Its been said over and over, yet non-human mobs were made more powerful then before, while human mobs had their power decreased slightly (except aces/RM - sometimes these are harder then the boss). When the 75% gas change in cities went into affect, Home was left 100%. Missions in other cities are bigger than missions in Home. Funcom thinks people level up too quickly, but at the same time they cater to everyone, and discourage outdoor hunting by keeping the mission system so easy. Yes, I could go out to DAV and shout 139 MA lfg for an hour, but it would be falling on deaf ears. NO ONE goes there anymore.

Please please don't give FC anymore reason to make us do more missions.

-Dez

Exclamation

BTW, omni 1k board displays, clan 1k board does not.

Basically, all boards BUT clan 1k display. When you click clan 1k, it unequips.

Real old bug...from what some clan scum I tolerate tell me even when you could only see them clientside it was bugged.

Lose tokens is about as dumb as lose levels. I get enough bullsh*t in the real world, thanks.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

New Token Boards - Gimme!
    Rotamus, 196 NT
    Littlebitt, 200 Doc
    Ranxacka, 153 Trader

Proud general of Immortal Ascension

America's Finest News Source

Hollywood Stock Exchange

New token boards does not "make you do more missions".

I keep seeing this over and over again.
    "I don't want new token boards because then I'll have to do lots and lots more missions just to get the board".

You do NOT have to get any newer boards that appear.
    It's not a part of the game that you have to take part in.
    Now if you logged on and a pop-up message appeared saying "You will not be able to do anything else until your next board has been collected" then yes, you would have reason for complaint.
    However the token boards always have been and always will be optional.

Originally posted by RedSonja
    New token boards does not "make you do more missions".

I keep seeing this over and over again.
    "I don't want new token boards because then I'll have to do lots and lots more missions just to get the board".

You do NOT have to get any newer boards that appear.

The token boards always have been and always will be optional.
    Such a simple, but seemingly, incomprehensible concept.

You have said this before many times and I have never seen a rebuttal to this point. It is just simply ignored and many times the response is that you are probably a token farming exploiter, powerleveler than plays 24/7. That is not a rebuttal, but a distractor.

The implication is that although it is considered optional, people simply WANT everything and since they can't counter your statement with a reasonable rebuttal, they try to discredit you.

As solo players we sacrifice alot, particularly how quickly we level. In addition the ql loot we get is much lower and we get no unique mob boss items. This is not a complaint but a recognition that different play styles generate different rewards. You must accept both the benefits and limitations. Diversity in the AO population is good as we a strive for a sense of uniqueness.

Telling me that I don't HAVE to play solo has been the standard response, but this is a distractor, not a rebuttal. Team and solo are both equally valid playstyles.

Telling me I am an exploiting token farmer who just wants to be uber- also a popular retort- is not only a lie, but fails to recognize my prior posts on my vision for higher token boards.

Whoa, better go get some decaf, I working myself up into some sort of rant.

Thumbs down

I don't want to have to fight mobs or run dungeons balanced for players with 25k token boards, and I feel real sorry for people who try to pvp in such an environment.

We've had enough grandfathering, and even things that aren't grandfathered are nerfed. The bracer drop rate is already so incredibly bad compared to what it used to be. Mk is incredibly tedious now.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Why doesn't everyone just team for a while so they can not only brag about a great token board, but also that they have gotten to a great level?

Gimme my new Token Board
    Rotamus, 196 NT
    Littlebitt, 200 Doc
    Ranxacka, 153 Trader

Hollywood Stock Exchange

Originally posted by Dezzie

I really don't like the idea of losing tokens if you haven't done anything 'noteworthy' after a designated period of time. You get a token after doing a good deed for your faction. Its yours, you earned it, it can't be taken away. We don't need tokens being revoked because that would just force people into MORE missions, and this is something we need to get away from. I don't care if new boards are or aren't added, what I want and what this game needs is alternatives to missions.

Missions are the ideal way to gain xp right now because its the highest return of xp with the lowest amount of risk. Its been said over and over, yet non-human mobs were made more powerful then before, while human mobs had their power decreased slightly (except aces/RM - sometimes these are harder then the boss). When the 75% gas change in cities went into affect, Home was left 100%. Missions in other cities are bigger than missions in Home. Funcom thinks people level up too quickly, but at the same time they cater to everyone, and discourage outdoor hunting by keeping the mission system so easy. Yes, I could go out to DAV and shout 139 MA lfg for an hour, but it would be falling on deaf ears. NO ONE goes there anymore.

Please please don't give FC anymore reason to make us do more missions.

-Dez
    So you want new token boards instead? Um, where were you planning on getting the tokens to fill it?

Tokens have no value so long as there's only gain and no loss. And honestly, do you think the developers are going to attempt to squeeze a some new boards in there without asking themselves 'Okay, is this too many bonuses?'?
    History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

Rotamus likes new Token Boards - Scotty don't.
    Rotamus, 196 NT
    Littlebitt, 200 Doc
    Ranxacka, 153 Trader

Hollywood Stock Exchange

Here are the valid points:

1. Mercatura has not read this post- http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=15254

2. Mercatura realizes that we will eventually reach 200 and have nothing else to do but PvP. She does not want combat balance to be untipped because some obsessive/compulsive mission runner has 2 billion tokens and corresponding board. This would force her to achieve higher and higher boards just to keep up. She is not looking forward to endless boring missions, she finds other aspects of the game more fun.

I think this is a totally valid concern.

3. RedSonya is from the old school of 1 token/ mission and totally hacked off that all her tokens were devalued by Funcom. Now everyone has the 1000 token board, and all her effort to achieve an elite status was erased (mine, too). She wants compensation with higher boards and higher benefits.

I agree in spirit, but I feel that the token system implementation was flawed and in order to correct it Funcom would have to revoke all token boards and reassign the number of tokens it would take to reach that board. This would stratify the players and make the token boards have some value and yet not unbalance combat.

What I mean is that the bonuses for the current 1000 token board would be the highest achievable, but it would take 5000 tokens to reach it. This won't happen, obviously.

If token boards went on to infinity, with increasing attributes, it would lead to forced mission running just to be viable at 200 and I don't think this is a good idea.

The token board is great idea, but a classic example of "the devil is in the details".

4. I already solved the problem-see link above- it just needs to be implemented

Originally posted by Kuroshio

So you want new token boards instead? Um, where were you planning on getting the tokens to fill it?

Tokens have no value so long as there's only gain and no loss. And honestly, do you think the developers are going to attempt to squeeze a some new boards in there without asking themselves 'Okay, is this too many bonuses?'?
    Kuroshio, read my post again. I did not state anywhere that I wanted new token boards. I said, and I quote, "I don't care if new token boards are or aren't added."

If FC decides to add new boards, we can't stop them, but it would be a poor fix for the high level boredom that exists in this game. What I said in my post was that we needed a VIABLE alternative to missions. Having tokens 'decay' over time, as you suggested, will just force people into MORE missions then everyone already does and that is something that needs to be avoided.

Hope that clears things up.

-Dez

I said implement already

Token Boards! Token Boards!
    Rotamus, 196 NT
    Littlebitt, 200 Doc
    Ranxacka, 153 Trader

Hollywood Stock Exchange

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234