Thread: Good time to return?

Question Good time to return?

I'm sure this question gets asked relatively often, but I'm still curious to know the general opinion of the forum.. is it a good time to get back into AO? (:

I'm currently unable to post from my old main account, also, made in 2004. The login information doesn't seem to be working. All I had was a 220 MP and a bunch of alts, so there is nothing big lost there I suppose. I raided in WoW for the past few years. Got stale, reached max on a mage and holy paladin and did most of the hardest content in early wotlk. Thinking of coming back to play as a doctor on RK1.

Any advice or opinions?

I guess it depends on what you like to do. But overall I'd say no. I doubt it will be as fun for you as when you left.
    Budabot -> http://www.budabot.com
    {Edit by Yarkona: account status and gm actions are not for the open forum}

Not a good time if you ask me. Better wait for the rebalancing to happen etc, so ask again in 3-4 years.
    Marijke88::220|30|70 Opifex Martial Artist
    Phexuz::220|30|70 Opifex Fixer
    Doppelripp::220|30|70 Opifex Bureaucrat
    Arbitrage::220|30|70 Opifex Trader
    Truxal::220|30|70 Opifex Doctor
    Brennstab::220|30|70 Opifex Nano-Technician
    Wurstmacher::200|30|70 Opifex Shade

Proud Advisor of Insomnia Gravis
    Account created: 2005-01-13

check your e-mail. I came back on a free month offer and am enjoying it. you may have the same offer
    great nostalgia, and lots of content i havent done yet. certainly RK2 seems fairly busy, at least in the hanging out spots.
    'Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.'

Fhinn, TL7 Neutral Gunslinger // Countinn, TL5 Neutral Trader
    Sleekitt TL5 Clan Fixer

Shattered Dreams, of ye olde RK2 Recruitment thread

Thank you for the feedback, albeit small. (: I'll hold off from resubbing for a bit longer than. I do need to upgrade my comp in the meantime, I know this isn't the tech help section, but would there be a common reason for my cores to run extremely hot while running AO? They get hot enough to fry my system, so I can't really stay online for an extended amount of time. ):

I'd say it's as good a time as any - I've played on and off since 2004 as a froob and I've always enjoyed it, and I've only recently become a subscriber with all expansions.

I'd been holding off on subscribing to wait for the rebalance / engine work, but really, if everyone just waited for that, then it most certainly wouldn't happen. I like AO too much to just let it die, so I'm doing the little bit that I can to support it. That's how I see it.
    Aldebaran "Krisanthe" Fairchild, Director
    Krisaata "Krisalee" Liandra, Communications Officer
    Kathryn "Krisaria" Fairchild, Medical Officer

== THE HOMESTEAD ACCORD ==
    Exploration - Colonization - Commerce

http://www.homesteadaccord.org/

I've decided maybe it's best not to come back for the time being.. the ingame shop idea really put me off. I'm sure the decision to put it into the game was for the best reasons, but AO really doesn't seem to be what I remembered. ): Maybe I'll change my mind in the future.

Thank you for giving your opinions though (:

Quote Originally Posted by Falvre View Post
    I do need to upgrade my comp in the meantime, I know this isn't the tech help section, but would there be a common reason for my cores to run extremely hot while running AO? They get hot enough to fry my system, so I can't really stay online for an extended amount of time. ):
    As far as I know Anarchy uses 100% of a single core if it just can get it, so it tends to heat up. I've same problem on my laptop, if I keep running longer I likely get it to step CPU power down when trying cool...
    Mireiawen Rose, 215/30/70 neut fixer, setup RK2
    Mireiwen Rose, 220/27/62 neut MA trader/tradeskiller, setup RK2
    Miraiwen Rose, 220/30/70 neut SMG soldier, setup RK2
    Miraeawen Rose, 220/27/70 neut MP, setup RK2
    Mireiaieawen Rose, 220/30/69 neut tank, RK2
    +bunch of others in Rose family...

President of Neutral Warriors | Neutnet mod | Mireiawen.net

Got superior pewpew or nerfbat? But it looks ugly, or you are just plain bored with everyone going around with same? Bump for Weapon Remodeling and get your unique looks!