Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Making LOTS of money as a new player

Well you were being witty, weren't you?

Poking fun at AI player shops, if I understood it right?
    I like a game where a total n00b is catalogued as 'leet'!

Genesis General and HR manager.

Alentejana (MA) Elinz (NT) Fixinbabe (Fix duuuh) Rutinha (Adv)
    Ezeta (MP) Penicillin (Doc) Taradona (Trd) Daleetjoosik (Keep) Greenform (Crat) Snipinha (Agent)

Bump cause it should be at the top
    "A foolish consistency is a sign of a little mind" - Emerson

I think this thread is needed more than ever.
    Following the way of the duck: Calm and serene on the surface. Paddling like mad underneath.

bump
    Kacey "Regidoc" Stych
    Former President of Valor Eternal and joined it's ranks again!
    {doc setup} {enforcer setup}
    {doc perks} {enforcer perks}
    Alts:Chiana "Infinitenull" Natsume, Rien "Daeminess" Shaina, Little "Miissy" Smith, Preytorian
    Your type is: SEA. 11% of respondents so far fall into that type. Socializer 73% Explorer 66% Achiever 46% Killer 13%
    System Message: Offline message from Means on Sat 17 Nov 2007 19:48 GMT: Means: This lag is really bad...

Root this thread so that that it can help new players like it helped me when I started over 2 years ago.

~Duke~

BUMP

This really needs to stay at the top

Needs Rootage regardless of the one thing stopping it from being rooted.

Exclamation

there's no need to keep on bumping this, afaik it's listed in the stickies in this forum as a reference just for this reason -- if it isn't, PM Bekrowe and let him know and he'll add it.
    ~ CJ ~
    Formerly known as Timelapse

Certified AO Forum Freak!

~ Check out our old comics here! ~

weeee

As an old Old OLD PLAYER... <God, I was part of fookin Dust brigade for a bit>

I've decided to throw out my famous method..

Collect any unique item in existance, and get bio comm and make Blood Plasma..

I got a smattering of Carbon Rich Rock, and occasionally, some one is desperate for a bit..hey..need some QL 67 Carbon? 300k, kk thnx..

Alot of people don't know where it is, and I'm not saying, and I hope others won't..its not easy to locate. but alot of people buy it :P
    Affliction is a Treasure and scarce any man hath enough of it- John Donne, Meditation 17.

This is not a bump!

Some suggestions:

1) Read the shopping channels! Maybe several people sell an item that you can get..

2) Newbie shoulderpads!!! very easy to get and you may sell them for 20k...or more

3) Loot armorpieces in missions. Usually the armorparts sell for decent credits in the store. You will frequently find armor in locked chest. get a lockpick and train BE.

ohh..my energy faded...

Upupa (220/20/60) Valhall Guardians. equip
    Tantal (220/25/68) Atrox Keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Ravaun
    I got a smattering of Carbon Rich Rock, and occasionally, some one is desperate for a bit..hey..need some QL 67 Carbon? 300k, kk thnx..

Alot of people don't know where it is, and I'm not saying, and I hope others won't..its not easy to locate. but alot of people buy it :P
    1 word... hugemap

Quote Originally Posted by Aiiane
    1 word... hugemap
    I got better :

http://www.anarchyarcanum.com/crafti...richrocks.html

omgz this roxxor bump lol

Thumbs up

It is a great help for starting players, so bump!

Root it before it gets lost again... and keep updating!

Exclamation How to get Clicksaver up and running.

Quote Originally Posted by Icon
    Clicksaver

That address will save your life more times than you can count. It’s a link to a player made program called “Clicksaver”. Around the cities and outposts in Rubi Ka, there are mission terminals. A mission is like a part time job. You kill a few people, you pick up an item and BAM! You get cash, experience points and a reward!

Now normally your reward is a random item, but clicksaver saves you time by scanning the mission terminal until the item you want comes up as the mission reward. Say, you want a particular piece of armor. You can type the name of that armor piece into clicksaver and it will scan the terminal until it finds that piece of armor, saving you a good deal of time in the process.

I have written a guide on how to get Clicksaver to work:

http://www.marquentein.dk/clicksaver/

...since Clicksaver is only user friendly AFTER you know what you are doing.

Any comments regarding my guide can be posted to its own tread elsewhere on this forum.

Other than that this is a great thread

Quote Originally Posted by Agaille
    I have written a guide on how to get Clicksaver to work:

http://www.marquentein.dk/clicksaver/

...since Clicksaver is only user friendly AFTER you know what you are doing.

Any comments regarding my guide can be posted to its own tread elsewhere on this forum.

Other than that this is a great thread
    marvelous, I've never had an easy time trying to explain CS to someone ingame. Thank you for the guide and the link here.
    Udon (doctor), Koyangi (trader), Jajangmyun (adventurer) of Shattered Dreams of Rimor. [website]

(now in order of play/activity! along with some other lowbie alts.)

*Bump*

Because I'm new here, and reading this guide helped.

Prices now down,down,down

On Rk1 anyway ..

By price I mean what you get offered for say.. a concrete cushion QL10

I have 4 toon's, 3 of them have concrete cushions they can't shift that are now 'below' the prices listed due to thing's like
    AI Market (cc's going for 1k odd)
    Player's being extremely tight (even at high level I was told GA1 max 5mil and 2 cc's 50k)

Prices being charged on player market at times are horrendous tho

Around xmas I sold 2 cc's for 500k withing seconds of advertising .. now after days I get the 50k for 2 offer (refused that, I'd rather delete the damn things)

Is anyone else experiencing this or am I just naturally unlucky and get the tight wads?
    Incomyng (Fxr)
    Deddmeat (Kpr)
    Seryndipiti (Mp)
    Hyke (Trdr)
    Reklaim (Doc)

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast