Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Making LOTS of money as a new player

"Furthermore, and this may actually surprise some of you, not all high level players have a lot of money. Yes, the cat is out of the bag! I know of several lvl 150+ players that have less than a million to their name. At one point, even I was one of those people. "

I am a lvl 87 with 7k.
    Okay, so wolf.

1.Quest basic armor if you got AI, should be descent credz and easy enough at low levels.
    2.Camp at your city CC and raid as crazy.

I suggest this then....

Quote Originally Posted by TheSuaveOne
    Sorry, just my opinion, and I am just a newbie to this game.
    Why don't you select 1 day of game play to sell stuff. That's what i used to do and it worked. I'd get tired of leveling and spend several hours chatting with friends / orgmates, sorting my bank, and selling stuff by posting on market channels...

It's a nice break from leveling, and everyone has to do housekeeping to your inventory sooner or later...

Want to make loads of cash? Stay on newb island and farm Melted ciruitbaords and Ofeensive rings, made 12k in 1/2 an hour no prob
    My 217 Doc rawr Equip

Quote Originally Posted by Shareida View Post
    {Originally Posted by Rak
    WTB your definition of real pvpers}
    "tab,1234567890;Shift+2,1234567890!!!"

Or for NT: Tab,11;tab,11;tab,11!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by enigmatic View Post
    -.-

just so you know

hell im gonna copy and paste this to every creds begger that asks me for creds.. to prove this guide works i was using a froob acct and made a new toon and transfered NOTHING from my payed acct .... within 3.5hours i was lvl22 with 6mil to play with.. ffs DONT BEG FOR CREDS this guide works

Keep the info alive...

http://arpa3.net/ao/

Seems to do a good job of tracking what's selling at the moment in the shopping channels.
    "The best argument against democracy is a five minute chat with the average voter" -- Winston Churchill

Get stuck at level 10 and blitz concrete cushions for weeks. Should provide you with good amounts of money...
    This account was cancelled at:
    2006-08-25 05:59:36

It will remain playable until : 2006-08-25 08:42:33

Hehe, what timing!

Bump.

Great guide btw, helped me ALOT when I was a total nub

Bump.

Monster parts are also good (for those that didn't read all 7+ pages) when turned into plasma.

Bump for plasma!

Adding a video-guide too
    http://files.filefront.com/Credatzwm.../fileinfo.html

Lol nothing can stop that money making credz plx

This guide is one of the best. So for the bumpage to keep it up were the new players can see it.

If It hasn't been added already: http://www.marquentein.dk/clicksaver/index.html

This is a really excellent guide on how to use click saver.
    Angel "Berael" Wolf - 220/22 Solitus Engineer RP Profile
    Advisor of Wolf Brigade, A Proud Neutral Organization

AOwiki - A chance to show what you know.
    Hunting Grounds Neutral Neck Items Tradeskill Pricing v3.0 Roleplaying Organizations v2.0 (RK1)

"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis by using the same thinking that created the situation" - Albert Einstein
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by Fellwind View Post
    http://arpa3.net/ao/

Seems to do a good job of tracking what's selling at the moment in the shopping channels.
    Agreed. The latest version (un-official) of quick saver is also hosted from this site. Whenver I need to find something for sale its one of my first places to look.

Also for those that want to sell items in the shopping channels (1-50 only), to the best of my knowledge the system will only display your item if you posted the item by clicking and dragging over the chat window (so that the hyperlink appears in the chat). Also, unless there is a particular syntax for multiple item posts, you should only put one item at a time (careful not to spam the channel though ).

Quote Originally Posted by TigerStyle View Post
    Agreed. The latest version (un-official) of quick saver is also hosted from this site.
    This version of Clicksaver has not gone unnoticed by me either.

In fact I have had it up for testing whether or not I should upgrade my guide to target this version of Clicksaver instead.

However, I came up with some issues:

• My pet issue is with the "Values" tab, which I find to be a waste of space. A modified version should have removed this tab, but it is still there in Kimi's version.

• Every version of Clicksaver has been licensed under GPL, which means that you are obliged to provide the source code with your compiled version of Clicksaver. I can't find Kimi's source code anywhere which effectively means that Kimi's Clicksaver is illegal as it stands right now.

• Up until now, every version of Clicksaver was about an unrestricted enhancement of your game experience. At first glance the tighter integration with some other AO related services, that Kimi offers access to may seem like a nice idea. However neither Gnarf, Halorn or I have ever forced you to watch adds on our websites. Kimi on the other hand denies you access if you don't watch adds from googlesyndication.com. I honestly don't like that you take free software hostage in order to make a moneymaking scheme, and I especially don't like that you violate the existing software license in doing so!

The deal breaker for me isn't the mandatory commercial bombardment.

OK, so Kimi have chosen to force adds upon his/her users, whereas Gnarf, Halorn and I have chosen not to. In these greedy times I must acknowledge Kimi's right to design his/her website as he/she pleases, but don't come running to me asking why I am not thankful for Kimi's contribution to the community, because the way I see it, Kimi has already chosen to get the "Thank you" from googlesyndication

No, the real deal breaker for me is the lack of source code. In this day an age where everyone is out hunting for your login/password, I don't see the logic as to why Kimi should put himself/herself under su****ion by violating the GPL. I already know that money is the real driving force behind that release, and only God knows what else may be lurking inside that program, since there is a need to hide it from the public!

- Agaille
    Author of the official Agaille's guide to Clicksaver

A thought: Why would high level players pay 10M credits for a Concrete Cushion when they can simply roll a toon on another account and have that toon go on missions to get them or Treatment Rifles and/or other assorted stuff? That's what I would do.

And many of the items I've heard sell for millions never seem to find any buyers whenever I've posted them on the shopping channels. The potential customers would just laugh at me whenever I quoted the prevailing "market price".

Just my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by WanderingMan View Post
    A thought: Why would high level players pay 10M credits for a Concrete Cushion when they can simply roll a toon on another account and have that toon go on missions to get them or Treatment Rifles and/or other assorted stuff? That's what I would do.

And many of the items I've heard sell for millions never seem to find any buyers whenever I've posted them on the shopping channels. The potential customers would just laugh at me whenever I quoted the prevailing "market price".

Just my two cents.
    I'm not sure where you got the 10M for concrete cushions number. It's more like a few hundred K. Also, I feel your pain on the selling front. I always end up selling low as well but at least it sold.

If there's any good advice I can give, it's to find a money-making method you find reasonably fun. If you like making low level twinks, do a TOTW or Foreman's twink to make money. If you like blitzing missions, try getting 6 person team missions and blitzing for CRU to sell or use yourself if your org has a city. I do that one myself all the time whenever I need a little "walking around" money. The shopfood from the boss keeps me out of the red and I can use the CRU to try to make the big payoff from city raids.

The best advise is: Be nice and polite. Dont ask helpful people for credits, let them teach u the game and you will be rewarded.

PATIENCE + hard work

enjoy the game

Upupa (220/20/60) Valhall Guardians. equip
    Tantal (220/25/68) Atrox Keeper

Actually, I've never had a problem making money in this game. I do the missions and the dyna-camps for money. It may not be the fastest way, but it's the steadiest way. I bag every single piece of loot and collect every single credit off of every single corpse I can. Then it's to the shops to unload all the loot. It helps to get several backpacks (get the cheapest ones that sell for around 800 credits) to hold all the loot in inventory until sale time. I also keep my Computer Literacy skills maxed out for getting better prices at the shops.

The game is a lot like real life - if you spend less than what you earn, you can accumulate a fair amount of money over time. I don't use Clicksaver for items that I can buy from the shop because by the time it finds the item, I've spent almost as many credits rolling the mission for the item as it would cost in the shop. And the mission for it would be on the other side of Rubi-Ka far away from any grid or whompah. What I do use Clicksaver for, however, is for getting a nice quick overview of missions offered.

Also getting missions that are as close as possible to where you currently are or where a whompah/grid are can save a tremendous amount of travel time until one gets the money to get a yalm (5M for the cheapest one! ). I laugh when someone advises getting a yalm to get to missions in order to find some obscure item rolled by Clicksaver. Heck, by the time a person gets the money or plays long enough to get the vet points for a yalm, I doubt they're going to need advice on how to make money in the game.

And I totally agree with the concept of not power-leveling too fast. Your level will very quickly outstrip your money and you'll end up with crappy equipment for your level. Then your next era of leveling will be very slow and limited by your poverty. How to slow down the leveling? The /terminate command helps. It erases your experience points, but not your cash.

My opinion on the implants issue is to use the ones you get from your missions. The premade ones you buy in the shops are not worth the money they charge for them. I'm speaking from the point of view of a toon that is not helped out in any way from a main or anything else. ( If you newbies out there wonder how a character can get "twinked", it's usually from the tremendous amount of money they get from a main character. They use that money to equip themselves. )

The above are the common-sense things I learned about how to make money in the game. No fancy tricks or cute little secrets here.
    Last edited by WanderingMan; Jan 30th, 2007 at 07:48:38.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast