Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Making LOTS of money as a new player

Dunno if it's been posted already on these past seven pages (yeah I'm lazy) but in my froobalicious days, whenever I needed cash as lowbie (until level 25 is easy, gets a lil harder later) I just went up to Newland and had a little chat with Leona.

7 Easy Steps to Cash:

1. Roll a Fast Profession (like, get a fixer with an evades and speed setup).
    2. Level Him to level 100ish+ (not that challenging for a froob).
    3. Get a Full Team.
    4. Pull 7+ Team Missions.
    5. Blitz your way to the boss, kill the boss, do whatever you have to do to get the mish reward, then loot the boss. If CRU drops, you can sell that. Also, the loot table on the boss can drop upto 18 items sometimes - which is I believe just about 1 backpack. Do that 7 times and you'll have approx. 6-7 bags filled.
    6. Sell to Omni Map/Miiir shop.
    7. Rinse and Repeat.

Guaranteed, works, not very challenging.

Sticky can't happen with all the third party program talk (word on the street, anyway). Maybe if someone deletes all the clicksaver mentions and merely "implies" that there are other ways to roll items, FC will sticky the thread. Great guide.
    Causes:
    Make the battlestation a reality for all levels!
    FC, we need Noob Island fixed!
    Go go Godzilla! (Please)
    Amateur CoH Chest Detective
    Temporarily out of game due to XBL. I shall return.

KAES
    Breakdown: Achiever 53.33%, Explorer 46.67%, Killer 60.00%, Socializer 40.00%.

Leona who?

Quote Originally Posted by Tristano View Post
    Dunno if it's been posted already on these past seven pages (yeah I'm lazy) but in my froobalicious days, whenever I needed cash as lowbie (until level 25 is easy, gets a lil harder later) I just went up to Newland and had a little chat with Leona.
    Elaborate on that, please. IDK who she is or what she can do for me.
    Causes:
    Go go Godzilla! (Please)

KAES

Quote Originally Posted by WanderingMan View Post
    A thought: Why would high level players pay 10M credits for a Concrete Cushion when they can simply roll a toon on another account and have that toon go on missions to get them or Treatment Rifles and/or other assorted stuff? That's what I would do.

And many of the items I've heard sell for millions never seem to find any buyers whenever I've posted them on the shopping channels. The potential customers would just laugh at me whenever I quoted the prevailing "market price".

Just my two cents.
    Prices have changed a lot since this thread started (2-1/2 years ago.) Mostly downwards, except for a few premium items.

There isn't much I'd pay 10M for if I could get it myself, but there are lots of things I'll pay a few 100K not to have to hassle with missioning/camping.
    Yes, we have no signature today!

Quote Originally Posted by CarbonCopy View Post
    Prices have changed a lot since this thread started (2-1/2 years ago.) Mostly downwards, except for a few premium items.

There isn't much I'd pay 10M for if I could get it myself, but there are lots of things I'll pay a few 100K not to have to hassle with missioning/camping.
    Yeah, I can go get an Omni Tech Library from noob island too, but now that the take-me-to-the-shops are gone, that takes a long time. It's easier and faster for a high level player to earn the 400K (market price on RK, as I understand it) and hand it to an enterprising new toon that put in the work. Cushions are a bit easier, but then again, their market price is lower (50K-250K depending on the situation).
    Causes:
    Go go Godzilla! (Please)

KAES

bump, good guide, maby update links?

This old (re)post....ahahahahahah

bump for this nice effort..

I find it very hard to believe it was nearly 6 years ago that I reposted this thing and almost 8 that TehDeacon posted it orginally. Where does the time go?

Oh and Bump.

My apolgies....pure nostalgia bump...I'm sure the links are dead in it. Only 20 pages back and I last bumped this nearly 2 years ago. These forums sure have slowed down, but then again...this game is nearly 9 years old, lol.

Good source of information.

But one thing that new players need to understand is, do not always rely on people to give you sound advice for every situation. Sometimes, you need to resolve or figure things out on your own.

This is simply a stepping stone for new players to encourage them to head towards the right direction. I hope everyone understands this.
    Last edited by Mixxtape; May 15th, 2010 at 07:31:07.
    Apologise - 220/22/65 Soldier
    Apologi - 170/9/29 Trader
    Eliminatorka - 150/9/29 Bureaucrat
    Cobolx - 150/5/9 MP
    Verssus - 74/6/9 Fixer

Quote Originally Posted by mixxtape View Post
    good source of information.

But one thing that new players need to understand is, do not always rely on people to give you sound advice for every situation. Sometimes, you need to resolve or figure things out on your own.

This is simply a stepping stone for new players to encourage them to head towards the right direction. I hope everyone understands this.
    qft
    <insert funny comment here>

When i see a newbie engineer selling a ql8 robot brain for 10k in the shopping channel i usually go buy it and give the guy 500k-1m for it. People that actually read into stuff and work for their credits instead of begging deserve to be rewarded.

in foremans, remember to buy a couple of backpacks and go to the bloaters/floaters. Loot evrything and sell it to the shop for 100-300k/ea
    Trox <3

Make a MA. Be a hecknoob for a couple days until you get to level 150. Throw together some cheap gear and farm S10. Nodrops give you 4 million each.
    Atlantean Omni

Quote Originally Posted by NotDavidBowi View Post
    When i see a newbie engineer selling a ql8 robot brain for 10k in the shopping channel i usually go buy it and give the guy 500k-1m for it. People that actually read into stuff and work for their credits instead of begging deserve to be rewarded.
    Hazzaa

As do I, and so should many more.
    .:: Stigman : 220 / 30 / 70 : NM Engineer (PVM 35% Crit) : I Make It, You Buy It : FIRST Omni NM Engi to hit 220/30/70 on RK1 ::.
    .:: Stigmartyr : 220 / 30 / 70 : Opi Shade (Neutral) : Piercing Princess ::.
    .:: Levinstein : 220 / 30 / 70 : Opi Agent : Sneaky Sniper ::.
    .:: Lexstein : 150 / 20 / 42 : Trox Engineer : Sector Ten : Currently the ONLY 150/20/42 Trox Engi on RK1 ::.

- Let's assume you are a small-town dentist and make ~$400/hour
    - Now let's say you "buy gold from one of the spammers"
    - At a random rate of let's say $9/100 million credits...

... you could make 4,444,444,444 credits with one hour of work.

That should cover some of your starting expenses I've been tempted at times. Haven't fallen yet. Converting RL money to game money is lame. I just wonder how long it took the guy to get a level 8 robot brain.
    Last edited by trigeminal; Sep 23rd, 2010 at 15:37:59.
    Atlantean Omni

Hello, I am a Ex-Froob and When I was level 60-75 I would fill half my inventory with backpacks and loot weapons and armor and Jewelry (and heaven forbid GA) dropped When those were full I would run too miir and make 1mil in no time ofc now I'm in S10 and that is crap now lol

Bump by a very old returning player trying to get caught up with the massive amount of changes.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678