Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Social Clothes Walkthrough *Spoilers*

Social Clothes Walkthrough *Spoilers*

So you want some new social clothes huh!? Well get your running boots on because you’re gonna have to talk to lots of different people. First off you need to meet Master Divenchy. He can be found at 900x863 Newland (Next to the crashed ship). When you talk to him he gives you quite a bit of information regarding what you need.

Here’s a list of everything you need.

Light Bio Mesh – Used for making gloves and sleeves
    Regulated Light Bio Mesh - Used for making cloaks and headwear
    Heavy Bio Mesh – Used for making boots
    Regulated Heavy Bio Mesh - Used for making vests and legs
    Anti-Perspiring Padding – Used for making sleeves
    Sensitive Cybernetic Fingertips – Used for making gloves
    Hair Care Contraption – Used for making headwear
    Transparent Thermostatic Vest – Used for making vest and cloak
    Antiseptic Protector – Used for making legwear
    Multi-grip Soles – Used for making boots
    Body Heat Pattern Analyzer – Used on the Bio Mesh so that it can be combined with the other parts. Some pieces do not need to be regulated. It appears that only pants/vest/cloak need to be regulated.

So now you may be wondering where in the world am I supposed to get all of this stuff. Well just so happens that Divenchy gives you some clues. First talk to him about making the Bio Mesh. He will ask if you want to make light or heavy. If you choose light he will give you a Meta Roentgen scanner and tell you to scan 2 Igruanas and 1 Mornitor. If you choose the heavy, he will tell you to scan 3 Igruanas and 3 Mornitor. **When tagging the lizards, you must tag Igruana first then Mornitor, then Ig, then Morn, etc** These can be found just south of Divenchy. **You can tag the same Ig/Mor as long as you do it in the right order. Rooting/Calms can speed this process** That’s the easy part, now its time to track down some NPCs.

Following is a list of NPCs locations and what they give you.

Mary-Ann -1440x380, Newland (Shop on Dovves) – Gives you Thermo Vest
    Simon Stark – 1150x1750, Newland Desert (Guard Post on Dovves) – Gives you Antiseptic Protector
    Herbalist Gerard – 2800x1670, NLD (Rhino Valley on Dovves) – Gives you extract of Bodan-Minor
    Gilbert – 3110x550, NLD – Gives you mission for Cybernetic Fingertips
    Fritz – Neuters ‘R Us, Newland City – Gives you Hair Care Contraption
    Penelope – 790x2310, NLD – Gives you Multi-grip Soles
    Inspector Marciello – Grid exit MMD – Gives you Body Heat Pattern Analyzer

Secondary NPCs
    Maud Stevens - 355x400, Borealis (slightly NW of fixer shop)
    [b]brb[b] - 400x320, NLC
    Ethel Anthony - 2170x1550, NLD (next to the Newland Desert whompas)
    Misa Ramirez - Neuters 'R Us, NLC
    Good Time Party Mixer - Outside Neuters 'R Us, NLC
    Imelda Dane - Neuters 'R Us, NLC

Ok now you know who gives what, so onto the questing.

Herbalist Gerard – Talk to Divenchy about the Anti-Perspiring Padding. He will talk about Herbalist Gerard. Fly to Herbalist Gerard and give him 1000 credits. He will give you Extract of Bodan-Minor. Take this extract back to Divenchy (You have about 15min). Divenchy will take the Extract and turn it into an Anti-Perspiring Padding for you, and if you are nice he will even give you an antiseptic jar back.

Penelope – Penelope is an acrobat and she is about to go on, but she wants a new pair of shoes that she ordered from Gilbert. When you take the mission she will give you a Letter From Penelope to give to Gilbert, and you have a 30min time limit. So fly/run down to Gilbert and give him the letter. He will give you Boots For Penelope. Take these back to Penelope and she will give you her old shoes, which you guessed it are Multi-Grip Soles!

Gilbert – Gilbert is a paranoid fellow, he used a pen and paper organizer (how 20th century). Anywho you talk to Gilbert and he wants you to deliver a bottle to the bartender at Neuters ‘R Us. But he cant seem to find his organizer. When you are talking you notice he drops his Little Red Book (or something) and his feet. Pick it up and give it back to him, he will then give you a bottle. Take the bottle to the bartender at Neuters ‘R Us. If you are nice he’ll give you a flimsy barstool. Go back to Gilbert and tell him that you have given the bottle to the bartender. Well Gilbert is happy that you delivered the bottle, he will tell you that you can get the Fingertips from a machine. However, you have to have some special passcodes. He will give you the first one, which is 42. You must talk to Penelope and Inspector Marciello for the color codes, but you must not let them know what your asking for. So you talk to them and through conversation determine that the color code is Brown, Brown. **Note: everytime Ive done this its been Brown, Brown; however others are saying they get different colors so talk to Penelope and the Inspector before doing this quest** Now off to the mission (the two times I did it they were in Milky Way). Once in the mission look for a white trashcan thingy. Once you find it talk to it. It will ask for the codes, enter 4, then 2, then brown, then brown **or whatever your number/color code is**. It will give you a list of items to choose from. Select the Fingertips. Now you must activate the Fingertips before you leave! If you leave w/o activating them you will not be able to re-enter mission, and you will have to start over. Pick up the Fingertips and use them on the machine. Now you have your Sensitive Cybernetic Fingertips.

Fritz – Well Fritz is a your typical male chauvinist pig. No wonder he can’t get a date with Imelda Dane. Anywho talk to him and he gives you some sob story about his feet hurting from dancing to much. He wants you to go find him a pair of shoes. The shoes he wants are Blue Boots. The Blue Boots can be found on the general clothes terminal, but they aren’t always there so just check until you find ‘em. Give Fritz the Blue Boots and he gives you the Hair Care Contraption.

Mary-Ann – Mary-Ann has lost her poor leet, brb. She asks you to find an ID chip and find brb for her. Well to get the ID chip she suggests you go talk to Maud Stevens in Borealis (355x400, nwish from fixer shop). And of course once you get to Maud she wants you to do something for her. That task would be marking Scorpoids. **You can just pay her 15,000 credits through the trade window, or hagle down to 10,000 credits if you want to skip this sub-quest**. She gives you a Scorpoid Scent Masker and a Meta Roentgen Scanner. You must tag a Pinner, a Tingler, and a Twinger in that order. These can be found in NLD or around the WW whompa exit. Once tagged take the Scanner back to Maud and she will give you an ID chip. Take the ID chip and head towards Neuters ‘R Us (The last know location of brb). You can find brb at 400x320 NLC. Tag him with the ID chip (give it to him), and return to Mary-Ann for your reward. Now you have your Thermo Vest!

Simon Stark – Simon is a jock and totally into himself. He says that he will give you the Antiseptic Protector if you return his Myfortis pills. And why doesn’t he have them? Well it seems he had a fight with his girl and she’s the one with the pills, so you must first find her. Ethel Anthony can be found at 2170x1550 NLD (next to the whompas). Ethel refuses to give you the pills unless you get Stark to apologize. With your previous conversation, you know he will not say he’s sorry, so you press her about the pills. She tells you that her friend Filthy Luca has them and that you have no chance of getting them from him. And with that challenge you have an assassination mission (mine was in EFP and the mobs equal to my level). Once you find and kill Filthy you must loot his body for the pills, they are not the reward! Take the pills back to Simon and you are now the proud owner of a jock strap aka Antiseptic Protector.

Last but not least Inspector Marciello. Marciello wants you to help him with a murder mystery (and it changes each time). First he wants you to sign a contract with him. He gives you a scanner, but you need to get the contract. To do this you must combine an ID extractor with an Expendable Hologram Camera to get your ID data. Use the ID data on the scanner to get a contract. Hand the Scanner and the contract to him. He will give you a copy and the quest. Time to play detective and solve that crime. Once you solve the crime he gives you the Body Heat Pattern Analyzer. With this and the other parts you can now make your social clothes!!!!

Finding the Murderer - the Inspector gives you the clues that the person is wearing red and was drinking whiskey. The bartender gives you a list of four people that were drinking whiskey. Misa Ramirez is in the side room by the door and she tells you who was wearing red. You now have one female wearing red and drinking whiskey. You also have one male wearing red and drinking whiskey. So you got one male and one female suspect. Step outside and talk to the Good Time Party Mixer. He is a bit defensive but after a few words he will tell you the gender of your suspect. Now go tag that suspect and return to the Inspector. **To tag the suspect: talk to them and click the give item icon, then give them the ID disk. Return to the Inspector, if you chose the right person he will reward you. If you tagged the wrong person he will say something like "No news on the suspects? I though as much". If you taged the wrong person then you have to wait for the timer on the mission to expire before you can retry**

Making the pieces - Ive had a few questions about this so I thought it might be helpful to add it here. Ill give regulated bio and non regulated bio mesh examples. Non-regulated Bio Mesh is the Bio Mesh Divenchy gives you. Regulated Bio Mesh can be made by using the Body Heat Pattern Analyzer on the Bio Mesh Divenchy gives you. To make the vest: First add a Regulated Heavy Bio Mesh to the Thermo Vest. This will result in a Basic Vest. You then take the Basic Vest and combine it with the Fashion Kit **the fashion kit must be for the corresponding part, i.e. vest kit added to the vest**. You now have your fashionable vest . For the gloves you would add the regular Light Bio Mesh with the Fingertips. This will result in the Basic Gloves. Add these to the kit and you got a new pair of gloves. The pieces (such as Thermo Vest etc) should be the source, with the mesh as the addition. In one of the processes (I think boots) its backwards. The Basic piece should also be the source with the fashion kit ass the addition. Hope this clears some things up. Happy Clothes Hunting
    Last edited by igloo; Oct 15th, 2004 at 21:02:52. Reason: Cleaned up typos and Added Secondary NPC locations for easier reading

Credits: To those that helped me last night at Divenchy (can't remember names sorry ). Unfitrider for the tip on the blue boots. And Marise for helping me find some of the secondary NPCs.
    Last edited by igloo; Sep 2nd, 2004 at 19:12:54.

im wondwering still, what type of social clotthes this is. is it one standard issue social clothing,or is it dependent on alignement/guild etc?
    if ya have a link to a peice of the clothes, could ya please post it?

Vickie
    Sovieta, Seraph - Angel of the first order
    Ihsahna,my Twinkie

" What on earth would our beloved, stinking, beautiful Europe have become without our dope fiends, drunkards, homosexuals, consumptives, madmen, syphilitics, bed-wetters, criminals, and epileptics? Our whole culture was created by invalids, lunatics, and felons."
    —Moment of Freedom- Jens Bjørneboe 1966

Finished the Inspector quest and updated the info.

These social clothes are all the new sets that came with AI such as a Fireman outfit, Cowboy, Bellydancer, Mummy, Super Hero, etc. They are no clan/omni reqs so anyone can wear. Aodb.info has the AI presets on their armor config if you wanna look at them.
    Last edited by igloo; Sep 2nd, 2004 at 19:10:03.

Warring on Gilbert quest, if you die after having targeted/found the machine you are UNABLE to re-enter the mission so be aware!

Note on Gilbert's quest: For me the color code was green, green. Guess it's random just like Marciello's is.
    Tzushia - Rimor Kingpin - equip 1.4k+ B&E available
    Don Iuan - Godfather - equip

Hzeng - Master 5th Dan - equip

General of Peace $ Love, Inc. - Want to join?

Ahh, its been brown brown the three times ive done it... maybe it stays same for you but random for each person?

And the Gilbert one, yeah I found that out the hard way gridded w.o updating the Fingertips and had to redo mission, but I atleast got both updated the second time

Green and Green for me.

I guess it's same color, but what color it is varries.

Quote Originally Posted by igloo

Mary-Ann – .... **I read somewhere that you can pay 10,000 credits and not have to mark, but I personally haven’t confirmed this**...

For me, she said if I give 15k, I could buy it... I hit the give items button (it doesnt open automatically), gave her 15k and it worked! got the ID Chip without any sub quest.

*edit*
    And you can get more than one at a time... the ID Chip is no drop, but not unique ^^

*edit 2*
    Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd
    Maud Stevens can be given 15k....and actually you can haggle it down to 10k if you keep chatting.
    CONFIRMED!
    This is true as well.. keep chatting and you can get down to 10k
    Last edited by Linxz; Sep 2nd, 2004 at 22:36:09.
    Linxz, 209 Doctor
    Tripleload, 170 Soldier
    Nulinx, 150ish NT

Do you have to do the quests in order, and before solving the stalker case? I just tagged who did it went back to the detective and he just says no news on suspects.

Maud Stevens can be given 15k....and actually you can haggle it down to 10k if you keep chatting.

CONFIRMED!

PS: Quests for SOCIAL clothing?...do they think roleplayers wanted to quest for BASIC CLOTHING?

This should have been FREE, NO QUESTING....a bit expensive perhaps....but quest for a social item? give me a break!
    Last edited by Windguaerd; Sep 2nd, 2004 at 23:20:38.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Now if someone can post screenies of their clothes
    [Team] Shtorm: ser when mob we will attack enf dont mob only u must heal enf
    [Team] Serenaid: wtf?

I got a full slick suit of the Mockers, guess I could try and get some screenies of it here tomorrow.
    Tzushia - Rimor Kingpin - equip 1.4k+ B&E available
    Don Iuan - Godfather - equip

Hzeng - Master 5th Dan - equip

General of Peace $ Love, Inc. - Want to join?

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd

CONFIRMED!

PS: Quests for SOCIAL clothing?...do they think roleplayers wanted to quest for BASIC CLOTHING?

This should have been FREE, NO QUESTING....a bit expensive perhaps....but quest for a social item? give me a break!
    I think it is cool... if we could just buy em, people would just buy all the fashions, and swap them. This way, since you have to work for the basic matierals, you still get to choose your fashion, but it won't be as common.

I'm glad they made something less common through simple questing, rather than requiring us to camp or have huge amounts of money. These quests aren't hard, and once you know where to go and what to do, they don't take a huge amount of time, and can be done by just about anyone solo.

When you do these quests and get these items, are they nodrop or non-expendable, so you have them for all sorts of clothing, or do you have to get the things for each piece of clothing you want?

do i need to do the WHOLE quest for the belly dancer or just a specific part?
    i dont wanna do the whole thing
    just the belly dancer bits

My Home on the Web KittySafe Ntwrk
    Quote of the Month: "The day I feel sorry for someone who gets paid for browsing an internet forum is the day I peel off all my skin, make a canoe and set sail for Saturn." Alienchild

each part of this big guest gives a single peice of the basic clothing that you then combine with the "bellydancer" pattern, orr whichever you want, what i dont know yet is if you can re-use the basic peices of clothign or if you have to constantly redo this over and over

Antiseptic protector + Regulated Heavy Bio Mesh = Basic Legwear

Hair Care contraption + regulated light bio mesh = basic headwear

transparent thermostatic vest + regulated heavy biomesh = basic vest

transparent thermostatic vest + regulated light biomesh = basic cloak

heavy biomesh + multi grip cybernetic soles = basic footwear

sensitive cybernetic fingertips + light biomesh = basic gloves

Anti perspiring padding + light biomesh = basic sleeve

Quote Originally Posted by Ninj00
    each part of this big guest gives a single peice of the basic clothing that you then combine with the "bellydancer" pattern, orr whichever you want, what i dont know yet is if you can re-use the basic peices of clothign or if you have to constantly redo this over and over

yes they get used up. You have to redo to get the 8 pieces for each set of clothing you want

how do i scan the mornitors and such with the scanner?!...i think i tried everything

edit: nvm i found it...now i have light bio mesh, hair care contraption, and the fashion kit for the hat i want...what else do i need??
    Last edited by Premeire; Sep 3rd, 2004 at 04:40:33.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast