Thread: Dovve's Map v5 Released! 14.4 compatible

Dovve's Map v5 Released! 14.4 compatible

For all the beginners and veterans out there I've just finished work on my latest installment of my replacement AO worldmap.

Features:
    - AO Patch 14.4 Compatible
    - Zoomed Out View (Whompas)
    - Zoomed In view (Details)
    - Reworked Zone Boundries
    - Zone Names
    - Supression Indicators
    - Side Indicators
    - Whompa Map
    - Cities and Outposts
    - Grid Access Points
    - Grid Requirements Chart
    - Points of Interest
    - Dungeons
    - Custom Marker Icons
    - Terrain Details

You can grab it at my website:
    http://peacefairchild.tripod.com/map/

YAY

/me bows before the wonderful Goddess Dovve (again)!
    I'm going to download right now

??

Just downloaded your latest version, and I keep getting the default map when I log in. I had no trouble loading the version before the patch, it worked fine, looked great. Am I doing something wrong? ( using win 98 se if that helps)

Please be sure to read all of the instructions that came with it. Funcom has changed the way that you install maps. They no longer exist in the skin file.

My map is in 2 parts. 1) The map files and 2) the icon pack (optional skin file). It sounds like you may have only installed the skin file. let me know if this helps

Wahoo! Thanks for updating this awesome map.
    Lauri
    Cookiemonger

The Original GSP Groupie

/prostrate

We neuts could have got nicer whompa color than gray. Green would be nice
    postcount++

I'm such a newb when it comes to this stuff! Ok, I unzipped everything in your map upgrade, and I don't see any instructions.
    When I go into the game settings and open any of the files I only see one file I can choose, the UVGI file, the other doesn't show up
    at all. The other file (map?) has nothing in it when I double click on it.

PS: I deleted the old stuff before I down loaded your upgrade figuring the old instructions were no good

Hope this is helpful.
    If you extract the zip file to whatever directory, it makes its own directory called "DovvesMapFiles" and "DovvesIconPack".. Open the dovvesmapfiles directory, copy those files, then paste them into ..\Funcom\Anarchy Online\cd_image\textures\PlanetMap\normal\ (usually in C:\Program Files)

Be sure to back up the PlanetMapGfxNormal.bin and PlanetMapIndexNormal.txt files first just in case.
    Lauri
    Cookiemonger

The Original GSP Groupie

\0/

That did it, I have the best danged map in the whole danged world again, Thanks Sez! and Dovve!

/me hugs Sezmra for a long time, whether she's really a girl or not

Re: \0/

Originally posted by Borox
    That did it, I have the best danged map in the whole danged world again, Thanks Sez! and Dovve!

Glad you got it going working Thats odd about the instructions file. I just downloaded it myself to check and i get an "instructions.txt" file in its root directory. I'll have a few more people test it to be sure.

Originally posted by Isis
    /prostrate

We neuts could have got nicer whompa color than gray. Green would be nice
    I'll give green a try to see how it looks. I used grey since I thought it best represented "neutral" as its a neutral color. Yes but you are right, its hard to get excited about grey

Re: \0/

Originally posted by Borox

No problem!
    Enjoy the map..(thanks again Dovve!)
    Lauri
    Cookiemonger

The Original GSP Groupie

Just looked at it all again, when I unzip the files they all go to where I put them, but the installation text file doesn't, so I d. clicked on it in my unzipping utility and it opened from there. It's all good!