Thread: Memories, and Father Figures

Memories, and Father Figures

He sat behind a large black desk, the only light in the room was that of the vid screens he was examining. They each told him every little detail about the status of the company. He tapped at the keyboard slowly and carefuly not wanting to leave any mistakes in his typing. The com on the desk gave a low buzz when he tapped the flashing red button and answered in a serious voice.

"What is it?"
    "Nothings wrong sir, I just thought you would want to be informed on the latest arrivals of technology..." answered the voice sweetly
    "Good I'm glad you contacted me I'll be around in a while, and thank you."

He'd cut her off and tapped the red button again before she could even speak. This meant one of the researchrs must have found something of interest among the rubble. "Good" he thought "this means we can keep moving right along schedule and soon we will be incorporating their technology with ours" a smile graced his face at the thought. He began to remember and started thinking of how it was he had come to control Yatamutchy Incorporated.
    He remembered it well, he had been an interest of the company at one point. The private project of a scientist who'd worked there. The project soon became a lead concern of the company they invested countless credits and hours of workto accomplish what they had. He had been with The Kenley Family at the time when he had recieved a message on his com.
    He did what the message asked and returned to a place that had already seemed strangely familliar. He was greeted by a man in a suit, who took a seet behind the small desk in the room and began taping at a small vid unit on the desk he then turned the screen to face Zell.
    What Zell saw and heard that day changed his life...He discovered he had a past before TKF, and realised why he had no memory of a child hood, he wasn't born he was created, he was created as what became the pet project of the head of Yatamutchy Incorporated.
    Zell snapped out of his trance and saw the blinking com and the vid screen it was a message from the research and development area of the building and then suddenly the dark rooms door oppend and in stepped the young woman who had called him on the com before.

She spoke softly
    "Mr.Kenley your needed downstairs"

He knodded and pushed himself up from the desk and walked out the door and down the hallway toward and into an elevator the light in the the elevator area was dim but when the doors opend on the R and D level he was greeted by bright lights, the kind that made his eyes ache and his head pound. He sat and discussed things and recent developments with his team and eventually excused himself and returned to his office where he spent a decent amount of time in the dim flickering light of his vid screens. Closing his eyes and leaning back in the chair he drifted into a light rest, perhaps the only sleep he'd gotten in days.
    President of Yatamutchy Incorporated
    And brother to Bret "Xserter" Kenley

Yatamutchy Incorporated
    -Enhancing today,for a better tommorow!-

If you believe people can change,then believe that I am willing and trying.

From the Dead

"A good person once said, Death is only but a footstep away, but when you never know when you'll take that footstep.... The truth is, everybody knows when that footstep is about to be taken... Whether they expect or not, is in them. Their can be no opinion about truth."

Waking in the Newland Desert, "Xserter" wondered why he was given yet another chance at life. No matter how hard he tried, he just couldn't die. He'd had himself assasinated once before, he'd been injected with a notum gas into his blood system, and had even injected soul-bind into his system. No matter how hard he tried, he just couldn't die. He always believed everybody was created for a purpose, whether it to be a slave, or to save the universe, everybody was born for a reason. Apparently, it seemed, his reason hadn't been fulfilled yet, and the maker wasn't letting him die until his purpose was fulfilled. With the new Alien threat, he felt that maybe... just maybe, this could be his purpose in life. To serve Omni-Tek and to help save Rubi-Ka. He also thought, that if all the endeavors of the people before him couldn't work in uniting the people of Rubi-Ka as one, maybe something that was a threat to everybody, no matter their race, faction or profession, could unite as one and save their planet. But on the flipside, when the threat is over... if it is ever over, things would most likely just go back to the way they were. No matter, his purpose wasn't served yet, and he set out to fulfill it...
    Courage, Wisdom, Power, Faith, Life, Death, Change, Dream, Fear, Freedom, Friensdhip, Honesty, Honor, Intelligence, Justice, Knowledge, Love, Peace, Time, Future, Truth ; Everything needed to be great.

Malcom "Shadowgrider" Kenley - R.I.P.

"There can be no opinion about Truth." -Bret "XSerter" Kenley

He sat in his chair, he then tapped the com quickly and called for some one to come to his office. He had given it much thought over the last few days his remaining brother Xserter...where was he,was he alive? He wanted to know he figured that he had so much at his disposal now he should look into his brother where abouts. But he knew that if Xserter didn't want to be found, there wasn't a way that any corporate search team alone was going to find him but he thought it worth a try, he decided he'd send three two man teams out to begin a search for his long lost brother.

His secretary came into his office and asked what he needed in her sweet voice.
    " I want you to send out six people please."
    "May I ask why sir?"
    "To find something I lost...more like some one..."
    "Alright sir,who shall the team be looking for?"
    "Bret "Xserter" Kenley,make sure the team knows enough to let the man know they are there at my order. We don't want him thinking some corporate wacko has sent some squad out for him now do we?"
    "No sir"
    She let out a slight chuckle walking out of the office and "Sephiroth05" once again closed his eyes and lost himself in his thoughts and memories
    Last edited by Sephiroth05; Sep 15th, 2004 at 03:58:22.

Yatamutchy Incorporated

Continuing his walk through the Newland Desert, about a half a kilometer away from the nearest Whompa, "Xserter" thought of his old family, wondering who was alive, and who was dead. One murdered. One disowned. One M.I.A., and a few others who have moved elsewhere in the universe. The first who came to his mind, was his brother Zell "Sephiroth05" Kenley. He had last heard from him about 5 months ago, when the Kenley Family had just reformed. He disappeared, but was later heard from, saying he was done with the criminal life. "Xserter" wished he had listened to him now, and followed him. The past was already set. It could never be changed. Now, "Xserter" had devoted his life to stopping the Alien threat ....

His concentration was broken by the humming of 6 individual Yalmaha's veering towards him, with the insignia of Yatamutchy Incorporated on the side.

He cast on himself the nano programs Fists of Stellar Harmony and Four Fists of Kali, making sure to be prepped for any kind of attack. The Yalmahas swerved around him, making a six point circle. Each individual jumped from their Yalmaha and aiming a gun....

"Xserter" took the offensive....
    Courage, Wisdom, Power, Faith, Life, Death, Change, Dream, Fear, Freedom, Friensdhip, Honesty, Honor, Intelligence, Justice, Knowledge, Love, Peace, Time, Future, Truth ; Everything needed to be great.

He was at his apartment resting for the first time in days,maybe weeks. He woke to the sound of his com buzzing and chirping its high pitched tones. It was his secretary, this was the first time he ever let any emotion show through to her and it was anger he barked into the com

"What is it!?"
    "Sir the team came back this morning around 5 am."
    "Did they find him? What happend?"
    "No, four we severely injured and two were a bit beat up but they'll live. The four are in the infirmary now,sir."
    "Good as soon as they are stable I expect reports,sorry I snapped at you I haven't got much rest."
    "Its alright sir,I understand I'll leave you to your rest now good bye."

With that he clicked his com of and turned over on his bed rolling and throwing his arm to the empty side of the bed falling asleep like that.

Yatamutchy Incorporated

Not having known the threat that had played itself before him, "Xserter" continued his walk towards the Newland Desert Whompa. His attackers, he thought, must have been part of some company that was doing illegal business underground, and for some reason, wanted him out of the way. Having given up his old ways of life, he let the attackers flee, in hopes of them warning their leader of his immense power. But why him? Why not somebody else? His past, he thought, might have something to do with it. It was etched in stone, and maybe somebody was looking to erase it. He wished he could do it himself, while still living. He had done things he now regrets, but could never take back.

"If only life was as easy as breathing....", he'd thought to himself.

Upon reaching the Newland Desert Whompa, "Xserters" comm blinked, flashing a new message:

"Rompas. Alone. After closing."

Another hit, he thought. But oh well, it was worth attending to. He made his way to Omni-Entertainment via the Whompa system, and hesitantly, but valiantly, approached the entrance to Rompas.

Zell finally recieved the reports that evening. He spent most of the day thinking about what he'd come to call his father so the reports and the reminder of the here and now were welcomed. He sat down behind his large desk and spread the reports out over his desk he began reading each of them.

"The teams found him in Newland Desert we attempted to confront him but that did not go as planned he fought off our team as if we were nothing. After have being beaten each team leader agreed we should send another smaller team to meet him as pacefully as possible instead of taking the offensive again. So sent a message for him to meet us at Rompa that night alone. We arranged to have 3 men meet him that night and we returned to base beaten and battered."

Zell sighed, he knew damn well that if Xserter didn't want to be brought in he couldn't and there weren't many forces in existence that could force this man into something.He continued reading the report noting each mistake the team made. The first and probably the last was that they beleived they could take him in against his will. They were lucky he let them walk away the first time.The second time he may not.He decided he'd finish reading these reports and wait for the reports of the meeting.

"He dropped each member of our team like they were nothing and we are not by standards weak or average guards. He did it with a speed and force that I have never seen,so we thought a peaceful arranged meeting the best follow up course of action.We returned and placed the injured into care as soon as we could."

Zell was almost excited as he waited for the reports to arrive he figured that they would be set and filed and on his desk by morning. He would wake and gladly read them hopefully they'd bare good news.

Yatamutchy Incorporated

"Xserter" had had enough of these games. He was tired of having to beat down senseless guards from the Yatamutchy Incorporated, and not even know why. With the next wave sent to him, he decided, no violence. Simply peace. No matter how much they hit him, he would not fight back, but would resist their attempts to bring him in. He had studied the old ways of an Old Earth Legend named Ghandi.

The guards were approacting. "Xserter" held in his hand a simple letter. As the guards approached, he tossed the letter towards the feet of the leader. He reached down, weapon still drawn on "Xserter", and read it aloud:

"To the President of Yatamutchy Inc.,
    You shall meet me at 4618.2 2341.6 in the area of Perpetual Wastelands. You come alone, or not at all."
    - Bret "Xserter" Kenley

The guard simply replied, "Consider it done."

Zell sat on the edge of his bed in his apartment waking up for the day. The sun hadn't even rose yet and he was already awake. He pulled on his quote and walked to his desk. He kept the air in the apartment cold, he liked the cold and he liked the dark. He'd always rather be chilly than hot. He moved to the vid screen sitting on his desk and clicked it on it projected a slight light towards his face and he pulled the key board from under the desk. He began to check his recent messages, junk mail, advertisements, one message from his secretary, and clanner propaganda. He opened the one from his secretary and began to read it. Xserter had given his men a message for him. He was to meet him at 4618.2 2341.6 in Perpetual Wastelands, and he was to come alone. Zell laughed, it was always like Bret to pick some rat hole all the way out in the middle of no where. He wasn't sure if he'd go yet but he most likly would once his brother realised it was him he would have no reason to do him harm and why would he, they were blood. They may not have been created in the same way but the embryo use to spawn Bret and the embryo used to create Zell were taken from the same woman. He decided he'd go and he would be alone, he would invite his brother to take the rightful place ebcide him and givern the company as they saw fit.

Yatamutchy Incorporated