Thread: Robot Intructions Disc (Improving Thrusting Weapons)

Robot Intructions Disc (Improving Thrusting Weapons)

What level of mission do I need to roll to have the best chance on finding the Robot Instruction Disc (Improving Thrusting Weapons)? I know it is QL 20, I have been searching lvl 20 team missions all night and no luck. Is this really rare, or am I doing something wrong?

in my experiances, youd wnat a ql or two lower in mish as the team bossess tend to be a lvl or two over what the mish is (IE - team mish lvl 20 = 22ish boss) - you'll want to be rolling around a 18/19 mish lvl. also, they are fairly rare :/

-Ck
    Bids made from me or recived to me are valid for 7 days

Through me the way into the suffering city,
    Through me the way to the eternal pain,
    Through me the way that runs among the lost.
    Justice urged on my high artificer;
    My maker was divine authority,
    The highest wisdom, and the primal love.
    Before me nothing but eternal things were made,
    And I endure eternally.
    Abandon every hope, ye who enter here.

Achiever 86%, Killer 60%, Explorer 40%, Socializer 13%

Quote Originally Posted by Waldo Fish
    What level of mission do I need to roll to have the best chance on finding the Robot Instruction Disc (Improving Thrusting Weapons)? I know it is QL 20, I have been searching lvl 20 team missions all night and no luck. Is this really rare, or am I doing something wrong?
    It is really rare.

But if I remember correctly its not only a boss drop. I Found the piercing one from chest or dead body about 3 weeks ago. So remember to loot everything during those missions.
    Nepenthe - [retired]
    Windhair - [active]

I have found two of those in the last day or so. One crushing, and one slashing (?). Not positive without looking to double check. Both dropped off of fresh engineers in 20k. I was just killing time while waiting for shops to change stock with my little 20ish adv. I make a point to kill anything with fresh in their name when I pass through now.

Improve -discs sometimes drop off engie NPC's in missions if they are in the right lvl.

Quote Originally Posted by Evercast
    Improve -discs sometimes drop off engie NPC's in missions if they are in the right lvl.
    Or the junk collectors (floating red balls) outside rome, where you get the parts for alvin's pads.

I've been looking for the same disc for four days now, constantly running missions in Rome Green. Is there a higher chance with certain slider settings and/or number of zones required to cross to increase the chance? It's getting quite frustrating, believe you me...

175k in the XP pool and I'm level 20. C'mon, disc, drop!

The times I have found Improve X discs it's been in boxes and not off of mobs (although many people also report it dropping on mobs).

Quote Originally Posted by Meditation
    The times I have found Improve X discs it's been in boxes and not off of mobs (although many people also report it dropping on mobs).
    Same here, found 2 in crates, but never as drop from a mob...

Keep in mind this is a rare item, meaning that a day or a week is nothing at all. You could well spend 3 months in lvl 20 mission and still find nothing (and, with the 'random' drops in AO being as they are, you could also find 3 of them in a single day). You have to get lucky, simple as that. If you don't, sooner or later you'll have enough money to buy it from all the other loot you pick up.

Quote Originally Posted by Moscatinka
    Same here, found 2 in crates, but never as drop from a mob...

Keep in mind this is a rare item, meaning that a day or a week is nothing at all. You could well spend 3 months in lvl 20 mission and still find nothing (and, with the 'random' drops in AO being as they are, you could also find 3 of them in a single day). You have to get lucky, simple as that. If you don't, sooner or later you'll have enough money to buy it from all the other loot you pick up.
    Guess I got extremely lucky. Was in 20k and remembered what Borox wrote. Saw a Fresh Engineer and popped a cap into him. He dropped an Improve Crushing Weapons.
    History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

Crushing and slashing drop regularly. Thrusting is extremely rare or doesn't drop at all any more.
    "then again, it's also been said by funcom that theye'll try improving pathing again somethime in the 16.x series"
    -Cenelia

"God I hope not. I don't know how many more improvements we can take."
    -Spleenman

I got these from engi mobs 1-2 levels from the disc QL in missions
    don't hate me because i'm beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by Mukura
    175k in the XP pool
    Heh

I found one a few days ago on my Trader in a lvl 20 single mish in a chest.
    -Sin

My Toonage

Quote Originally Posted by Brasonte
    Or the junk collectors (floating red balls) outside rome, where you get the parts for alvin's pads.
    I think you're color blind; they're green.
    ===============================
    I like this game `cause my Avatar kinda looks like me....