Thread: AI-specific Doctor Bugs

AI-specific Doctor Bugs

Cz has mentioned that he's going to be collecting AI-specific bug lists for the professions, so let's try to make one as complete as possible. No matter how small the bug, list it! Keep in mind this is for bugs only, not issues or wishes. And please keep trolling out of this thread.

AI Doctor Bugs

1. AI Gilthar's Ring item ID overwritten by new item

Gilthar's Ring, which used to be the Omni counterpart to Dalja's Ring, seems to have had its item ID stolen by a new AI item, Glowing Biotech Rod Ring. The Glowing Biotech Rod Ring's highQL itemID is a new item ID, but its lowQL itemID is what Gilthar's Ring used to be. As a result, everyone who previously had a Gilthar's Ring now has a Glowing Biotech Rod Ring in their inventory. Its possible Gilthar is now dropping Glowing Biotech Rod Rings too (which shouldn't be happening). "Gilthar's Ring" is also no longer in the database because of this mix-up. Since Gilthar's Ring had a Doctor profession tag on it, it's listed on our bug list.

2. AI Close Call inconsistencies

The Close Call perk special is bugged with only Embrace (L6) trained and does not execute. Once Embrace is trained to level 7, the perk special will execute as it should.

There are two versions of Close Call in the database:

Version 1 - This version does not seem to be used in-game at all, other than the icon. The icon on this version is what we get in-game, but the functionality of the perk special itself comes from the other version in the database (see below).

Version 2 - Description reads "Recharge, 120 seconds" but OnUse shows "LockPerk Wearer Embrace (7) for 3 minutes." It also shows that the perk is received at Embrace (7) instead of (6) which explains why the perk special does nothing when you execute it with only Embrace (6) trained.

3. AI Nano Feast perk special icon doesn't gray out

Upon execution, the Nano Feast perk special icon does not gray out, making it difficult to tell when the perk is available for use again. This is in the Champion of Nano Combat perkline, and while not Doctor-specific, it is AI-specific and many Doctors train this line.

4. AI Bot Confinement perk special recharge inconsistency

The description reads "Recharge 105 Seconds," but under OnUse, it reads "LockPerk Wearer Champion of Nano Combat (L10) for 2 minutes." This is in the Champion of Nano Combat perkline, and while not Doctor-specific, it is AI-specific and many Doctors train this line.

5. AI Mistreatment bug

The perk executes and locks if you aren't in combat, and it won't do any damage to the target. It also behaves like this if your current target is different than your fighting target--it will execute and lock, but do 0 damage, since it seems to try to execute on the target you are not in combat with.
    Last edited by Sheffy; Nov 16th, 2004 at 23:34:25.

I'm requesting some feedback on the Close Call perk special.

I'd like to know the following:

At various levels of Embrace being trained (6, 7, 8, 9, 10), how much does Close Call heal you for, and how long does it lock Embrace for? (You can figure that out by pressing the perk again right after it executes.) Note: At level 6, it probably won't execute, which is also a bug.

There are two versions in the database, and I'm trying to determine which is used throughout the perkline. At Embrace (10), it seems to be using the stats of Version 2 (0.01s attack time, 3 minute recharge (bugged)), but with the icon of Version 1. Now we need to figure out of at levels 6, 7, 8, and 9 which version its using, ignoring the icon issue.
    Last edited by Sheffy; Oct 13th, 2004 at 20:32:37.

A bug I noticed (that is actually beneficial), is the Nano Feast nuke from the Champion of Nano Combat. If you activate the perk, it will land and damage the mob, will state the perk has landed successfully, all before the actual Special bar raises.

For instance, when you activate say a team heal perk and your nano recharge perk at the same time, it waits for the other one to finish before activating the second one. Nano Feast will land and give feedback before it even starts.

Embrace L2 has a DD perk called Mistreatment. If you use it while not in combat (i.e. just healing the team) it will give you a success message and lock the perk but it won't do any damage to the mob targeted. It only works when you are in combat

yes i noticed this too so i untrained it, is it supposed to do something else?
    220/22
    Teh "Dokalicious"
    Unit Commander of Legion

Setup still working on it...

As far as I know, that's how all DD perk specials (least the soldier ones) work. If you stop attacking while 'casting' it, it will lock your perk special, but not do any damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Malosar
    A bug I noticed (that is actually beneficial), is the Nano Feast nuke from the Champion of Nano Combat. If you activate the perk, it will land and damage the mob, will state the perk has landed successfully, all before the actual Special bar raises.

For instance, when you activate say a team heal perk and your nano recharge perk at the same time, it waits for the other one to finish before activating the second one. Nano Feast will land and give feedback before it even starts.
    I'm not sure what to do with this one. I have the perk trained to 10 so I'll see if I can see what you describe.

Added the Mistreatment bug to the list. Thanks for the patience; I just got back from Vegas.

I'd still like some feedback from people with Close Call as mentioned in a previous post. They just got authorization to boost the Alien Levels of the Professionals on the test server for perk testing, so I'll be able to test that complicated bug myself soon, hopefully.

I was able to test this on the test server, and here are the results:

Embrace (6) trained: Close Call does nothing (bugged)

Embrace (7) trained: Close Call executes instantly
    You were healed for 5695 points.
    You successfully perform Close Call.

Embrace (8) trained: Close Call executes instantly
    You were healed for 5730 points.

Embrace (9) trained: Close Call executes instantly
    You were healed for 5854 points.

Embrace (10) trained: Close Call executes instantly
    You were healed for 5551 points.

Keep in mind, this is on Testlive. If the above is not how the perk works on Live (like people have reported to me), then this is good news. There is no delay in executing the perk anymore, and it heals for the heal range in the 2nd Close Call in the database (which is great--the first version is stupid).

The bugs:

• The icon is that of the other version of Close Call (here).
    • Close Call doesn't execute with Embrace (6) trained, even though that's the level you get the perk. It only executes with 7-10 trained.
    • The perk's lock time is 3 minutes while the description reads "120 seconds."
    Last edited by Sheffy; Nov 16th, 2004 at 23:36:17.

All bugs have been reported by Cz. If/when I hear anything about upcoming fixes, I'll let you know, although with bug reports there may not be any communication or feedback from Funcom before they get fixed sometime in the future.

where is Goerg? Just ourt of curiosity.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

Don't know if this really is Doctor related bug, or if it's really a bug at all... But the two perk specials, Fuzz and Fire Frenzy, from the Champion of Heavy Artillery perk line does not work with Heavy Weapon even though it buff the skill.
    Setup Drsmart