Thread: Whats going on with Boss Ross?

Whats going on with Boss Ross?

((Just trying to stimulate conversation since these boards are usually so dead.))
    Quote Originally Posted by Editor: IRRK
    Philip Ross releases official statement!

Though many people aren't sure just how or why Omni-Prime has allowed it to get through, Philip Ross has issued a statement intended for all of Rubi-Ka to hear. In it, Ross clearly and simply states, "Rest assured, citizens and employees, I will return!" The transmission was followed by sounds of a struggle and static interferance. As of this time, nobody is sure just when or even if Ross is coming back, and if he is, how he has or plans to escape Omni-Reform to do so. Some sources say that Ross has already escaped, while others say that Omni-Reform is attempting put on a facade that Ross has managed to escape when, in fact, thay have brainwashed him and made him a tool of Omni-Prime. Expect immediate coverage of Ross' return if and when it happens.
    In this statement from Philip Ross we hear sounds of a struggle and static interference. This could mean a few things are happening right now with Mr. Ross. First, When he was being removed from the planet and transported back he may have had an encounter with Alien forces, therefore never making it all the way to Omni-Prime, in order to escape the Alien threat he is fighting his way out. Second, He could have actually made it to Omni-Prime and had an attack of conscience in which he decided the decisions of the board on Omni-Prime are not in the best interest of his people on Rubi-Ka and attempted to escape. During the escape he was caught and a skirmish ensued. Third, Mr. Ross may have made it to Omni-Prime, explained his actions satisfactorily to the board and they have sent him home. In which case he has to complete also the daunting task of breaking through the Alien blockade, also explaining the sounds of struggle in the background of the transmission.

Thoughts anyone?

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

Given my admitted small amount of hard evidence, I can't really say one way or the other. However, I have to say that IRRK seems to have really gone downhill lately. I thought IRRK was a news agency, not a weekly tabloid. The only shred of actual news in the article was Mr. Ross' quote. The rest of it is rumour and conjecture. Where's the article about Leetboy escaping a top secret OT facility, seriously? That's the level of "journalism" I'm seeing.

Getting onto the meat of the article (despite my misgivings about it), the thought of a Unicorn-friendly Philip Ross really frightens me. We've already got one side being manhandled by bloodthirsty zealots, we don't need both sides like that, lest we expect this conflict to be the war that never ends. It just goes on and on my friend.
    The Independent Rubi-kans, making Neutrality a legitimate option in the face of adversity since 29475!

Rene "Mondobizarro" Renetti, Sisyphean Spokesperson for the Opposition of Oppression

Explorer 66% Socializer 60% Achiever 46% Killer 26%, Bartle Test

Well, in that article they infer that he was imprisoned by stating he somehow 'escaped'. If he is a fugitive from his captors, lets say for the sake of argument it's Omni-Prime that is responsible, there is much, in that instance, to think about.

What would Ross really be coming back to on this planet should he return? There will be OT employees who are staunchly loyal to Omni-Prime's laws and decisions. Most likely this will result in Ross making many enemies on Rubi-Ka and beyond.
    Is he returning under the impression that he can resume his duties as the Director of Operations here on RK for Omni-Tek?

If so how is it that he has that impression? Is that to be taken as an indication that Mr. Ross has in fact been brainwashed? Or perhaps replaced by way of clone technologies or through some other means?

Regardless of any of this, I believe he will face a great amount of difficulty being welcomed back into the fold and/or taken seriously except by the most liberal people out there who have aspirations of opening peace negotiations with Ross once again.
    Ross would have to be recognized as an Omni Representative and Director once again before, in my opinion, any talks of peace with him about the clan/omni conflict, or anything for that matter, could be taken seriously or even recognized by any official entities. (ICC, OT, the CoT ect)

What about his foreknowledge of the impending alien attack and the subsequent ‘black out’ of information pertaining to it? Omni-Tek CHOSE in a premeditated manner to keep those of us on this planet in the dark. That to me speaks volumes of their inability to really govern the citizens they have on this planet and truly keep their best interests ahead of their own. In fact, I would go so far as to say that fact alone is an indication of how little they truly care about anyone’s ‘best interests’ on the planet and are far more concerned with how this invasion affects their profits.

While Omni-Tek is in this for the money, we are now faced with the reality of having to be in this for our survival. You tell me which is of higher priority and which one is irrelevant to our continued safety and security.

Philip Ross once chose to walk away from the table and derail the amnesty between the Clans and Omni-Tek. Could it be that new leadership displaying more flexibility and forethought is what Omni-Tek on the planet is going to need if they are to survive?
    We shall see, but until then, as a clan leader I find my self highly skeptical about any intentions the former RK/OT Director may have upon his possible return.
    Last edited by Maephina; Nov 12th, 2004 at 01:25:52.
    Charissa Maephina Vein
    212 Metaphysicist
    My RP Profile Conflicted Voice Pak Plus!
    Somehow i just know that Haiku Poets, Mimes and Martha Stewart will have something to do with the end of the world... ~Escritores

Then again, it could be a cleverly staged ploy to boost confidence to those of us over-run. ...and like the amnesty, when Ross "comes back" to a weakened fighting force of clanners on Rubi Ka, maybe we'll see another "amnesty".

I think anyone with half a brain figured out that the last one was a ploy to arrest some of our more "enthusiastic" clan members anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Astera
    I think anyone with half a brain figured out that the last one was a ploy to arrest some of our more "enthusiastic" clan members anyway.
    That is simply not true. Anyone with half a brain would know that war is expensive and that it cuts into OT's profits, and as everyone is fond of reminding us, OT only cares about profits.

You seem to think Omni-Tek is made up of comic-book villians who would sooner hatch some complicated, dastardly plot against the Clans rather than get on with the job of making a buck.

Savoy
    Last edited by Savoy; Nov 12th, 2004 at 11:53:21.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

you know something...

You're very antagonistic for someone who is pro-peace. The amnesty was cleverly designed by people better than you and me at propaganda. You (key word here) WEAKEN the clans by pulling members away...right? Whether or not they're the most enthusiastic among us...the more clanners that switch the worse off we are...right? ...therefore ending the war quicker when you only have to crush half of the fighting force. Just my take on it anyway...

Anyway, back to the topic at hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Astera
    you know something...

You're very antagonistic for someone who is pro-peace.
    Now that's funny coming from someone who claims their dream is to catch me in a low-suppersion gas zone. http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=272775

Savoy
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

whats that got to do with anything? I was just commenting on your pro-peace antagonism is all :P

Don't really want to derail this any further....

Well, outside whos pro-peace and who isn't, the only real thing is that Ross was the only real one who got anywhere with trying something, and giving something to try and give peace a chance. As such, its why some of us would like to make sure the guy gets back here safely, before some escape from Omni-Reform gets in power and we have the Omni version of Silverstone put in charge. Then all hell would break loose, and thats not good business, or anything else sense to any of us. We really do need to know if Ross is safe and well, and if not assist however we can in getting him back here in one piece.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Personally, and dont take this the wrong way, I also hope Ross does return. Give me a minute to explain my reasoning before you run rampant with that statement. I've now been on Rubi-Ka for more than 2 years. In that time I've had the joy and pleasure of sitting across the table from many notable Clan, Omni, and Neutral leaders. Mr. Ross being the exception. However, As any politician does I've studied the opposition, and learned about him. Being familiar with Mr. Ross, and his past it gives me an edge on him if we were ever to come face to face. Knowledge is the key to winning any battle, of any type. Wars of words and propaganda included. Beleive me I've spun my fair share of propaganda. That said, imagine that they send a replacement for Mr. Ross, not only would we lack knowledge on this new person, but a certain unspoken amount of rapport would be lost. Not meaning rapport on a personal level, but politically between the moderate Clans and Mr. Ross. We'll leave the extremists out of this since we know they dont want to deal with him or Omni-Tek in any fashion. Now imagine that they dont replace Mr. Ross, they keep sending orders down directly from Omni-Prime, and dont even bother with a spokes person again. I would assume that they wont keep the Unicorn Brigade around permanently, they seem to be an assault type force, not a permanently posted peace keeping force. So once the Unicorns are gone and the board is running things directly, this would complicate things further. No face to connect with Omni-Prime, and no one to talk to. Which is another part of my reasoning. Clanners cant exactly take a trip down to Omni-Prime and request a meeting with the Board to explain their cause, and ask for peaceful relations. You'd more than likely end up in a steel box on a crash course with oblivion.

These 2 things combined make like on Rubi-Ka as a moderate Clanner more comfortable. The comfort of knowing your adversary, and having a direct face to associate it with.

Quote Originally Posted by Savoy
    That is simply not true. Anyone with half a brain would know that war is expensive and that it cuts into OT's profits, and as everyone is fond of reminding us, OT only cares about profits.

Savoy
    Precisely the reason that Clan will win eventually; some Omni mid-level executive back at HQ will bring in a consultant for a cost cutting analysis and conclude that outsourcing the management of Rubi-Ka to Clan makes more financial sense than continuing a low-grade constant conflict. Everyone wins!
    BigGreen
    Advisor of Rising Phoenix
    www.risingphoenix.org

current setup

Quote Originally Posted by BigGreen
    Precisely the reason that Clan will win eventually; some Omni mid-level executive back at HQ will bring in a consultant for a cost cutting analysis and conclude that outsourcing the management of Rubi-Ka to Clan makes more financial sense than continuing a low-grade constant conflict. Everyone wins!
    Sadly, that actually makes sense.