Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 15.8.0

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline
    Changes on spawntimes and droprates, in a good way?

PLEASE say that this includes sacrosanct shotgun? They just dont drop at high QL. I know of 1 person that has 270+ version

please please please please!
    I keep forgetting to mention this, please for the sake of all professions, raise the drop rate on weapons in the pand gardens.

plzplzplzplzplzplzplz.
    --Rookie Teh "Wobble" Sux----------------------- AKA-----------------------Pirate "Ninjapirate" Dog--
    -+Legion+-
    WTB ATI T&L fix, h8 D3D.

To me the reason for limiting items in shops seems obvious. AO doesnt have any outgoing queue for items like newer Games do, where these items get used up and vanish from the economy. Right now the only thing that keeps the economy from item inflation is a hidden price: effort to sell. As you said, you wont spend time selling all your crap worth 100k or so per item on the forums if you can use the time to have fun. If you got a shop though with unlimited slots, you will dump your whole bank crap into it. So will do all other players who collected junk over 3 years. I would assume there are way more regular items ingame then players actually can even use. If unlimited slots would be made possible, the already pretty unstable ingame economy would just blow up. I assume Funcom realized this and therefore limits the offering side artificially.
    Last edited by screwfast; Dec 11th, 2004 at 22:20:15.

Talking So you say

Quote Originally Posted by Daedrick
    Regarding the delays, stuff happens. Sometimes things don't work and changes need to be made. Anyone who's ever rolled code or tried to build something knows how that goes. That's not to say that bugs and delays aren't irritating to us all, but I'd have to say that silence on the part of FC makes the situation worse because it communicates apathy.

Release it when it's ready (but there will always be some things to tweak and we'll make our opinions known ) and continue to inform the playerbase as to expected plans.
    ***Background: This is my RLF and org mate here***

Hey waiting isnt as hard when you only play AO 2 days a month - try looking for it every day hoping when you log on that you will see a "patch" ready for DL like me.

As to the topic at hand I do appreciate the update, the effort to keep from providing a buggy product, but at the same time - advertising it with a release date as you have several times now is crual and unusual for those of us eagerly waiting and checking for it on a daily (sometimes hourly) basis
    Fleetwolf - Fixer
    Alphawolf - MP
    Hawkeye2 - Enf
    Nukerwolf - NT
    Traderwolf - Trader
    Advwolf - Adv
    Tigerwolf - MA
    Redwolf - Sol (TOTW Twink)

Quote Originally Posted by redwood
    Hello, it is Friday Dec 10th for me in pacific timezone ... tried to patch-up test-server again ... no luck, error: could not find patch.

Is it me? Or is test server not ready yet?

Thanks, Redwood
    Well ... now it is Tuesday afternoon, December 14th and the test server says it has 15.8.0 loaded based on the AO launch screen ...

I still get an arror message and can not patch-up the test server.

What is the problem?

Redwood

Everyone wanting to sell more than 30 items needs to realize that every sale needs a purchaser. Do you really think there's a hungry ocean of lowbies out there, with cash in their pockets just burning to purchase a part of your lifetime collection of RK trash gear? And hundreds more lowbies for every other guy with nautical tonnes of crap banked?

Plus, if every schmuck dumped his 200 items into the market and let them sit there indefinitely, it would probably bog down the searches to hell. It's best if it's capped to a small number, it keeps the items worthwhile and turnover high so you can get returns in a reasonable timeframe.
    Coldbird and his stuff

Removed a few off-topic and trolling posts. The purpose of this thread is to inform the community of information pertaining to the 15.8 patch. Please do not turn it into a "but what about profession X" thread.

Thanks.
    Assistant Director Etaks
    ARK Community Relations
    Social Guidelines
    ARK Web Site

Thumbs up

[ Edit ]
    Last edited by Avoncrat; Dec 22nd, 2004 at 06:42:44.

Any new information about the number of slots in the player shops for 15.8.0? Or, if there will be a limitation on the number of player shops per account?

Redwood

Red; the amount of slots I think are determined by what size the building is.
    Gravitation is a natural phenomenon by which objects with mass attract one another. But, in everyday life gravity can be a great many other things.

≤≈What draws you in?≥≈

I thought the building size determined the number of player shops within the Market, not the number of items that could be listed in each player shop ...

Sorry was tired when I replyed. Size of the building is suposed to determian the amount of shops in the market building. How many items you'll be allowed to selll at one time Im going to assume is ither very large or unlimited since if it wernt one of those it would be kind of a mute point.
    Gravitation is a natural phenomenon by which objects with mass attract one another. But, in everyday life gravity can be a great many other things.

≤≈What draws you in?≥≈

Quote Originally Posted by redwood
    Any new information about the number of slots in the player shops for 15.8.0? Or, if there will be a limitation on the number of player shops per account?

Redwood
    1 shop per char
    30 items per shop.
    Atlantean :
    Caller "Edmunster" Supreme 220/20 Soldier
    Fumble "Maddiganed" Countered 220/21 NT

Testlive infos

Quote Originally Posted by Maddiganed
    1 shop per char
    30 items per shop.

How's stacking going to work?

25 first aid stims 1 item or 25?
    Kissysuzuki 220 - 24 - 60/70
    Minisuzuki 205 - 9 - 13/70
    Riders of the Lost Org

"Enforcers are being nibbled to death"

Quote Originally Posted by Kissysuzuki

Good question ... same question for items like ql 200 empty implants ... they don't stack in inventory, but are identical items ...

Anyone know?

I don't actually see the problem with "only" 30 slots. I rarely, if ever, have 30 items worth bothering with selling to other players. And IF I did, I'd rotate new things into the shop every few days.

Having one shop per account, though, do sound a bit short.

Oh well. I'll wait until it hits live before I make up my mind if I like it or not.
    Seth "Pestillence" Walrus
    Proud member of
    ~ Society of Salvation ~
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Who Shall Guard The Guardians?

Quote Originally Posted by Kissysuzuki

25 first aid stims = 1 item. Because it is slots in bank I have not tested this but I am quite sure you can sell 3000 first aid stims as 1 item if you realy want to as it only take on spot to sell a stack of items.

Quote Originally Posted by Mivat
    I don't actually see the problem with "only" 30 slots. I rarely, if ever, have 30 items worth bothering with selling to other players. And IF I did, I'd rotate new things into the shop every few days.

Having one shop per account, though, do sound a bit short.

Oh well. I'll wait until it hits live before I make up my mind if I like it or not.
    One shop per toon.

ATM it is not 1 per toon, but 1 per acct.

Quote Originally Posted by oofbig
    We don't play with same version then...
    I have at least 2 shops with same account.
    Atlantean :
    Caller "Edmunster" Supreme 220/20 Soldier
    Fumble "Maddiganed" Countered 220/21 NT

Testlive infos

Quote Originally Posted by oofbig
    Err read the patch notes?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast