Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 15.8.0

Hello everyone,

There will be an update coming in before Christmas with some fixes to minor things which have been reported on our forums, and some adjustments to certain spawn and drop rates (in a good way!) and of course the traditional AO Christmas surprise or two.

The player controlled shops and new high level content should make it to the test server within a week where we will begin the next phases of testing, tweaking, retesting and monitoring the feedback. The testing of 15.8 has been mainly tested internal, but it is time to involve our test live community on a high level of testing for the next coming weeks before it is released on our live servers.

We know how anxious everybody is to get access to the new playfields and the player-made shops, and we had initially aimed for these features to be in before the holidays. However, we're also very aware that our players want and deserve, things to be the best that they can before they are introduced to thte live servers. Right now we must inform that we need more testing on the shops and the new playfields. It's never an easy decision to delay something like 15.8, but i do feel it's needed to make this decision at this point in time.

We especially apologize for the delays on the player-made shops, but i can assure you that we have tried our best in making this feature as good as it could be, and this took a lot more time than originally envisioned. Sadly we still have some minor issues with it, but as soon as they have gone through more testing we will release them to our live dimensions.

Right! That does it! Time to try creating a test instance of AO. Now, where did that "create test version" description go... /me fumbels about.
    ... they gather, like big cats around the water hole, waiting for the weak and the wounded to stagger into their territory so they can exercise some violence, and feed their starving reputation ...

Roleplay? Sure! RUR.has.it!

Well I honestly have to say im glad to see things being tested a bit more before hitting the live servers, Id rather had the stuff in test longer than have it come to live and breake things.
    Gravitation is a natural phenomenon by which objects with mass attract one another. But, in everyday life gravity can be a great many other things.

≤≈What draws you in?≥≈

Ignoring the total post whoring here Its really good to hear some feedback information on shops and stuff. Thanks Mathis

PS Don't forget to include my Credit doubler

*post*
    Kissysuzuki 220 - 24 - 60/70
    Minisuzuki 205 - 9 - 13/70
    Riders of the Lost Org

"Enforcers are being nibbled to death"

Thanks for the update, Mathis =)

Can only agree with what's been said. Better to have things properly tested than to have it bork up things =)
    Seth "Pestillence" Walrus
    Proud member of
    ~ Society of Salvation ~
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Who Shall Guard The Guardians?

On one condition

You are forgiven, as long as I get my Teddy Bear.

I am not bothered by the delay. I am happy to see the communication of the delay and the appeal to the community to test this out.

Good going FC

When will 15.8.0 be on the test servers so we can patch-up and try the test server? I would like to see these markets ...

Redwood

Redwood;

My goal is to release 15.8.0.1 on testlive as soon as we get 15.7.3 released on our live servers. I have some work to do on our testserver as it is still missing 15.7.1, 15.7.2 and 15.7.3.

So.. most likely tomorrow friday 09/12/04 i'll have a version running on testlive. We also have 15.8.0.2 almost ready for release on testlive. This i'm aiming to get released early next week, depending a bit whether we have a 15.7.4 for live or not.

lol the tara loot fix sounds good. rbp every 6 hrs please
    Faizan 216/13 Sol - Omni - Inner circle
    ¤=)===> - <===(=¤
    My type is: SKA
    Socializer 73%
    Killer 66%
    Achiever 40%
    Explorer 20%

Current Equip - Still To Get!

¤=)===> - <===(=¤

If I understand the test version of the playershops its 1 shop/account that holds 30 items (no bags). If this is correct is there any chance of changing it to larger amounts?

30 items/account is far better then 0items/account as it is now... but FAR from ok imho. I cant be the only one with 10+ toons with thousands of items that they want to get rid of. And I rather sell a semi crappy item (for me that is) to a new player / someone low on creds, then sell it for almost nothing to the vendor machine. And I dont think anyone feel like being online for hours selling nanos/weapons/armors/tradeskill items for 1-50k/item with the current system.

The test version is ok for selling the expensive loot (that most dont have even 30 items of) but other then that its not much use.

Is there any time for changing it (if my knowledge of it is correct that is) before it goes live and is there any real limit, server/code wise on this? I assume there is since I dont see why you, FC, would limit it. So would any of the devs enlighten the code n00bs (me that is ) why there is a limit (if there is one)?

Sorry for the ranting and Im not expecting an answer, but one can always hope

Thanks

Edit: And yes I for one rather see it delayed by a large amount of time then having a semi good/broken market system.
    Last edited by Getmore; Dec 9th, 2004 at 09:40:22.
    Getmore Gear Antismurf Fixer Ancient General of Tiger Claw
    Proeteus Gear
    Morphius Gear

Hope you've learned to include debugging and testing and debugging and testing in any other time estimates, official or off the record, that you make in the future. Personally I find that not announcing time estimates at all, and keeping future features secret until they're ready to be released, works best. That way you can't be accused of lying in your marketing either.

Appology accepted.

<hijack>
    I have to respectfully disagree with wuywuy on a thing.

A lie is a deliberate, willful, knowing misrepresentation or distortion of the truth. I don't think you guys have ever lied. Of course, wuywuy didn't say you had. But he implied that if plans have to change, it can be called a lie. In wuywuy's defense, this is a common misuse of the word. On the other hand, a screwdriver can be called a turnip, but that doesn't make it so.
    </hijack>

Regarding the delays, stuff happens. Sometimes things don't work and changes need to be made. Anyone who's ever rolled code or tried to build something knows how that goes. That's not to say that bugs and delays aren't irritating to us all, but I'd have to say that silence on the part of FC makes the situation worse because it communicates apathy. I very much appreciate the new flow of information. I like it much, much better than being kept in the dark, wondering what the status of things are. So thank you very much for the update, Mathis, and keep up the good work. Release it when it's ready (but there will always be some things to tweak and we'll make our opinions known ) and continue to inform the playerbase as to expected plans.
    Tip of the day: Don't spend IP unless you know what good it is for. - Afelia
    Clever phrasing does not equal logic.
    Shadrock - advy
    Daedrick - MA
    Meritt- doc
    Doulos - engy

Yep, nice to get the info, thanks.

Wuywuy, it sounds good but the thing is, if you're not able to give an estimated ETA then your customer is going to go somewhere else (speaking in general here) which tends to have a detrimental effect on your turnover. Unless, of course, you're so fortunate as to be a monopoly where you can totally ignore your customers' expectations..

The best thing is to give as accurate estimates as possible and to notify whoever is concerned as soon as it becomes obvious that the deadline is going to get broken. You'd be surprised how many people are actually sensible enough to understand that it's in their own best interest to have things done properly - with marketing as the usual exception.. And they have their job, I know if they'd just not read an ETA as anything but an estimate.
    Tempus fugit.

Everybody has a photographic memory.
    Some don't have film.

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's best not to stir it.
    -PHB/Scott Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Getmore
    If I understand the test version of the playershops its 1 shop/account that holds 30 items (no bags). If this is correct is there any chance of changing it to larger amounts?

30 items/account is far better then 0items/account as it is now... but FAR from ok imho. I cant be the only one with 10+ toons with thousands of items that they want to get rid of. And I rather sell a semi crappy item (for me that is) to a new player / someone low on creds, then sell it for almost nothing to the vendor machine. And I dont think anyone feel like being online for hours selling nanos/weapons/armors/tradeskill items for 1-50k/item with the current system.

The test version is ok for selling the expensive loot (that most dont have even 30 items of) but other then that its not much use.

Is there any time for changing it (if my knowledge of it is correct that is) before it goes live and is there any real limit, server/code wise on this? I assume there is since I dont see why you, FC, would limit it. So would any of the devs enlighten the code n00bs (me that is ) why there is a limit (if there is one)?

Sorry for the ranting and Im not expecting an answer, but one can always hope

Thanks

Edit: And yes I for one rather see it delayed by a large amount of time then having a semi good/broken market system.
    I agree with Getmore ... it is Ok to delay Market until early January if that will get them done right the first time ...

However ...
    ... If the playershops in the Markets are actually limited to 30 items per account, that will not be enough by a long shot ...

The player shops need to have many more item slots ... like as many as our bank ... ... Or, they need to allow more than one shop per account ... Or, both to be usefull.

I have bags and bags of nano's and implants, etc. to sell ... 30 items per account is not enough ... 30 items per character is not enough ... maybe a bank full of items per character would be a good size ... IMHO

Redwood

p.s. Thank you for answering me about when 15.8 will be on test server.

to bring something out that is gold and done is always good and better then bringing bugs. thumbs up for that !
    but:
    the shops were promissed for alien invasion, same as pvp playfields in sl were promissed for sl and still not in. pls don´t do such thingis ever again.

anyway thx for a great game. thx funcom.
    "When i´m big i buy me a real electric guitar" <- N.Y.

Quote Originally Posted by mathis
    Redwood;

My goal is to release 15.8.0.1 on testlive as soon as we get 15.7.3 released on our live servers. I have some work to do on our testserver as it is still missing 15.7.1, 15.7.2 and 15.7.3.

So.. most likely tomorrow friday 09/12/04 i'll have a version running on testlive. We also have 15.8.0.2 almost ready for release on testlive. This i'm aiming to get released early next week, depending a bit whether we have a 15.7.4 for live or not.
    Hello, it is Friday Dec 10th for me in pacific timezone ... tried to patch-up test-server again ... no luck, error: could not find patch.

Is it me? Or is test server not ready yet?

Thanks, Redwood

Quote Originally Posted by Getmore
    30 items/account is far better then 0items/account as it is now... but FAR from ok imho.
    ^

I don't play 4 characters that share creds and items. I play 4 seperate characters and should have the option of keeping it that way while still using the shop feature on different characters at the same time.

If it is in fact 1 shop per account, I would hope more people speak up and voice their opinions. 30 items for an account that can hold roughly 10,000 items seems to be a token gesture to simply meet the description on the AI box that we all read a few months ago.

Maybe it's already been changed. I do hope so.

Changes on spawntimes and droprates, in a good way?

PLEASE say that this includes sacrosanct shotgun? They just dont drop at high QL. I know of 1 person that has 270+ version

please please please please!
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Let s just them to have some time to reorganize their work, it seems that AO team workers found a second life ^^

it doesn t matter if it is only some few improvements, neither if there are some last issues, continu your work, and welcome back to us Funcom ^^
    Akhtar ,
    Partner of the scientific labs of Broken Shores

Through the light of Darkness, I m still alive and feel the Sadness of the Universe...

When you start to see fire in your eyes when you are reading forums, then leave them and take a cold wash

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast