Thread: New Inventory bot?

Lightbulb New Inventory bot?

As I spend more and more time on Rubi-ka, there is one inevitable thing that happens to all of us. Eventually, our banks overload and spill into our apartments and organizational headquarters. I know for me, it is extremely difficult to keep everything organized and to find item X in pack Y. This can get downright infuriating. This is why I think I need a robot to help me manage my inventory and retrieve things for me when I ask for something by name. Given my admittedly short stature, I know that often times I am in a situation where I actually know where an item is, but it is simply out of reach. For cases like these, I think that a robot with extendible and retractable limbs would be quite useful.

I admit that I'm no engineer, and I have no idea if this idea of mine is feasible or if it's simply crazy talk. However, I cannot get the idea ouf my head. I've even got an idea of what it would look like completed. I think it might look something like this. I'd appreciate any preliminary figures for the R&D and production of such a bot. Additionally, I'd like some feedback on whether or not others would be interested in such a bot, as it is a much better use of resources to mass produce something than to make a single prototype.

-Rene
    The Independent Rubi-kans, making Neutrality a legitimate option in the face of adversity since 29475!

Rene "Mondobizarro" Renetti, Sisyphean Spokesperson for the Opposition of Oppression

Explorer 66% Socializer 60% Achiever 46% Killer 26%, Bartle Test

I think the idea is feasable Rene. Inventory can be a pain to deal with. I'll see if Dabblez can get the eggheads in RUR's R&D deaprtment to see if we can create something that can suit your (or anyone else with inventory troubles) needs.

In the meantime, can anything in RUR's Catalog work for the time being?
    - Draco Strife
    Security Guard, Rubi-ka Universal Robots

R.U.R. - Insane Robots at Insane Prices!

I am sure I read somewhere that someone had tried to program nanobots to do this in the past. Sadly something went wrong and these nanobots, or "backpack gnomes" as legend calls them, were created mischievous. Rather than bringing the item wanted to the person they would hide it in the deepest recesses of his bags or bank, sometimes dismantling the items completely to create new gnomes.

These nanobots soon spread throughout bank network and all the bags therein.

Of cause these could just be the rants of forgetful people blaming others for their inhability to find things.

Thank you Mr. Strife for being so punctual. I look forward to hearing more as things develop.

As for the inventory gnomes, I know I've heard of them before from several people. I'm not sure if they really exist, but it would explain why I always lose a left sock every time I do laundry...

-Rene
    The Independent Rubi-kans, making Neutrality a legitimate option in the face of adversity since 29475!

Rene "Mondobizarro" Renetti, Sisyphean Spokesperson for the Opposition of Oppression

Explorer 66% Socializer 60% Achiever 46% Killer 26%, Bartle Test