Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rubi-ka Only Char?

Except as an RK-only character (even one who actually has SL) - no spec nanos... sure there's CH, but that rather eats nano compared to the spec3/4 heals... I don't think I'd recommend doc as an RK-only solo character unless your very patient
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

He said he wants to stay on RK. To me this means the advantages of SL but just playing on RK. Am I mistaken?

Yeah but taking advantages of SL means to get spec books that isn't a fun thing to do.

I'd say MA is RK in easy mode, advy too if you past the IP shortage levels.

The most amazing thing on RK is the 'crat crowd control, bring them on, I can control them all
    Add 2 charmies (well your power depends of the mobs available) and a colorful droid... some really cool moment with some amazing monsters at your fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbane
    Except as an RK-only character (even one who actually has SL) - no spec nanos... sure there's CH, but that rather eats nano compared to the spec3/4 heals... I don't think I'd recommend doc as an RK-only solo character unless your very patient
    MA with shadowland perks and the odd easy to get SL item solos very enjoyably on RK, untill it gets UBT'ed of course

Those init debuffs are evil i tell ya, i just so much love when i hit bio coccon just as wasted limbs land, means i will stand there for the duration of cocoon since i'm not taking dmg wasted limbs don't drop *rips hair*

any character works fine.

that's right - before SL, you could do anything you pleased. If you're a X you can use any weapon you want because you didn't need the uber profession locked weapon with a high min damage. So if you're a doc, you can use a SMG and do good.

on that note, pick an RPG that you played before, and make a character kind of like that one. You'll love it.

if there was mission teams forming EVER i'd make an RK-only character. But they're hard to come by. Sure, once in a while you see 1 starting up but its not often enough to be able to level at a decent pace from RK alone.
    Last edited by Zoolander; Jan 25th, 2005 at 22:13:24.
    The Gimp:Dinnerfork
    Quote Originally Posted by Saetos
    I have this disturbing image of the US Army jumping one by one out of my cereal bowl

i think there are enough nice places to level on rk only...
    even nicer with sl benefits
    the only break i take from rk is when i want a few levels fast. then i go to elysium or nascene. thats usually around lvl 35.... totw gets boring solo for a while ...
    rk is not so fast leveling, but it tells more stories i think ... if you want to visit a special lokation, just ask some high lvl player (lol would be intresting nowardays)
    how it was when he was there the first time
    some might just out ofr these memories to show you
    i like rubi ka, and the storie the countrie tells....

SL sure provides some fast leveling, took my 54 crat to the area around port 7 and made 56 in 1 hour or so, this is with a char that still have some ql10 implants in and only external buff is comp mastery, charming + my bot(lvl 72) is rather powerfull.

I hated SL at first. It made me soo mad till I learned how not to fall back to RK everywhere I stepped. Now I like both RK and SL just fine. There is lotsa fun stuff to do in SL and Specs are not really that hard to get if you know where to go.

I love my advie, that is what I would suggest. I solo things like The Pest, Polymorphed Lunatic on RK and in SL dyna bosses like inferno eremites, Chimeras, Dragons.

I did make a GA fixer and was only gonna stay on RK. I soloed him to lvl 108 to get my 1000 token board. I did many missions and then was doing dyna camps.
    I just started getting bored yesterday and put some mantis armor on him and went to SL for the first time. He got spec 1 in about 30 minutes and now looking for spec 2. He already has schoel access and I think I am gonna do the Elysium garden key quest next.

The SL perks rock too.

Maybe after you lvl your toon on RK for a while you will get bored and try SL again like I did
    Span

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12