Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Breed balancing.

Breed balancing.

A small idea i just got not to balance, but to make the breeds a little more different than they are right now.

Solitus : No benifits or downsides.
    Opifex : Harder to root (25% resistance, agile), easier to stun(-25% resistance, frail).
    Atrox : Harder to stun (25% resistance, strong), easier to root(-25% resistance, slow).
    Nanomage: Harder to hit with offensive nano's, but roots and stuns(25% resistance, innate nanobot control), easier to root & stun(-25% resistance, frail and slow).

The actual numbers are just a quick suggestion and would prob need adjustment. I seiously think this would be a nice way of adding a little flavor to each of the breeds.

With the introduction of fixer gridarmor FC made people wearing these 50% resistant to roots & snares so i know its doable.

Post your ideas & flames here plz

Regards

Demi

How bout something a little more PvE based. What if every title cap had a straight out bonus for a particular breed.

Title level 15
    ==========
    Nanomage +50 nano
    Atrox +70 HP
    Opifex +10 all evades

Title level 50
    =========
    Nanomage +100 nano
    Atrox +120 HP
    Opifex +15 all evades

etc.

Both ideas get a bump from me. As Demios said, the numbers may need a to be adjusted a bit. But FC should do something to make the non-Solitus breeds more appealing. Especially in light of their shift to a level based system.
    Doctor Frankenstein: "Would you mind telling me ... who's brain ... did I put in?"
    Igor: "And you won't be angry?"
    Doctor Frankenstein: "I will NOT .. be .. angry."
    Igor: "Abby someone."
    Doctor Frankenstein: "Abby someone. Abby who?"
    Igor: "Abby ... Normal."

Woo Solitus getting nothing ;p

getting tired of solitus getting NOTHING...all breeds should get SOMETHING.

Opiflex already has more base abilities at cap than all the other breeds...and it get same nano, maybe less hps than solitus...

atrox/nano are the ones that need to be balanced, more hp/more nano for each that is supposed to have MORE advantage than a few hundred at lvl 200. Pads of Dedication give +200!

I want to solitus get something. no vest for me. no shades for me. oh wait i get a "special" aggro thingy, blah!

/me looks in 14.4 database searching for teh SOLITUS rings, but just cant find

very nice ideas guys
    o and about solitus getting nothing. isnt the Modified Aggression Enhancer from iron leet solitus only and has 6% proj reflect on each "one" u equip?
    also solitus are meant to be best all rounders and not strong in any particular field so in demios' proposed system they should get no bonuses as she stated imo.

Neophyte Hotpanties
    lvl 186 clan fixer rk1
    Member of Storm
    Omni-Pol Most Wanted No.7

solitus cost the most ip to raise their abilities

As for the modified aggro enhancer. Yeah id like one. IF I COULD GET ONE!!!

Ive tried for over 100 levels on and off to get one and havent gotten it

Nano already have thier bonus. They have the highest nano skills in the game. Im 199 and cannot cast my highest nanos unbuffed as an adventurer. That extra 7-10 nano points would come in handy. There is their bonus. Only breed without a bonus is atrox
    Last edited by Oberon; Jul 10th, 2002 at 21:12:40.

I think its strange that no atroxes has protested to Demios suggestions yet. I sure would protest if I were one.

Argh. Completely reworded post.

Atrox should have (in this example) an increased chance to stun. In addition to their increased resistance to being stunned (assuming stuns are from melee hits)

That could make up for the difference. Of course, Sol's would have a higher chance of stunning an Opi, or a Nano, than they would of stunning another Solitus, again, in this example.

Stuns and roots probably arent the best things to deal with in this case - But I think the concept is great.
    Last edited by Kinkstaah; Jul 11th, 2002 at 08:51:23.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

If they doing a huge change like that I really hope we can change breed (one time only ofcourse)
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Glad most of you like it.

Azz it really isnt that big a difference, but it will put some strategy into PvP. Instead of the usual q123 stim fights. PvM will be mostly untouched by this.

Kink: Actually a small increase on Atrox brawl stun duration would be perfect and very fitting of the breed i think.

The reason i chose nano resist as the balancing factor was that getting skill bonuses through FC's gameplay department is one hell of a long process. Small increases to nanoresist shouldnt be at all hard.

Regards

Demi

Originally posted by Clark "Garzu-perman" Kent
    I think its strange that no atroxes has protested to Demios suggestions yet. I sure would protest if I were one.

Well, since I am now Atrox, I hereby PROTEST!!

It should be the other way around:

Atrox 25% harder to root (strong), and 25% easier to stun (slow)
    Opifex 25% harder to stun (agile), and 25% easier to root (frail)

And I dont like the idea of Atrox having a larger chance of stunning. That will ONLY benefit those who can stun, and very few can do that. And I dont believe Kinkstaah meant that an atrox NT should have a higher chance of stunning with his stun nano... So that leaves MAs and Enfs as the only benefiters of this.

A more general solution would be to give breeds bonuses and penalties to "trickle down" effect from base abilities.

As it is now, base abilities have a trickle down factor of 0.25, meaning 4 points in a base ability will raise a 100% derived skill by one point. How about making trickle down factor for green base abilities somewhat larger, and dark blue abilities a bit smaller?

No.

What we need is:

Four HP per Body Dev point for Atrox.

Four Nano per Nano Pool point for Nanomages.

Opi and Solitus are balanced as is.

*DONE*.

That's all they need to do.

Then Nanos will mad cast and Atroxes will mad take hits and all will be well.
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

Actually the stun/root choice in my first post was only a suggestion. The real idea was giving a breed specific add to nanoresist to different lines of offensive nanos and balancing these by a similar decrease to another line.

About stun. If you count brawl, shen, NT nuke, MP stun and agent stun you'll see that alot of professions can stun. As far as i can count the number is 6( MA, Enf, MA Engi, NT, MP, Agent), with a possible addition of melee adv though these are not typical. Actually more than the number of prof's that can root(NT, Crat, Agent, Trader, Fixer).

Eleny, Kenlon: The hole idea was not to make serious balance changing alterations, your suggestions, which can be argued both for and against, is such a change. Please stick to ideas that are easy to implement and not to balance changing.

Kent: So basicly what youre saying is: "Sure i'll love some resistance to rooting, but i wont pay for it?" Please keep an eye on balance when making gameplay suggestions.

Kenidy: Solitus wont get the 'shaft' as the changes are supposed to be neutral. Ie you gain no real benifit as a hole, but maybe a small advantage in certain situations.

For those that dont PvP as much as me i'll state this. In heavy PvP combat stun is a much more fearsome effect than root. Yes you can be chain rooted while being shot to death. But most PvP kills come from Stun nano + stunned brawl combo right next to the zone border.

Again let me reiterate. This is not supposed to fix any of the breed balance issues, but more of a way to make breeds more interesting.

Breed specific nanos should be fairly easy to implement.

Originally posted by Demios
    Eleny, Kenlon: The hole idea was not to make serious balance changing alterations, your suggestions, which can be argued both for and against, is such a change. Please stick to ideas that are easy to implement and not to balance changing.
    Why would the devs open themselves to potentially unforseen balance alterations by making a change?

Law of game design: If (change is made) then (balance is altered)

Re: No.

Originally posted by Kenlon
    What we need is:

Four HP per Body Dev point for Atrox.

Four Nano per Nano Pool point for Nanomages.

Opi and Solitus are balanced as is.

*DONE*.

That's all they need to do.

Then Nanos will mad cast and Atroxes will mad take hits and all will be well.
    No, thats not all the need to do. I as an atrox would be incredible happy if that happened. But for the nano breed, I would cry for them.

1 HP is NOT the same as 1 Nano.. I personally had a lvl 193 nano breed NT, and I can tell you one thing, if it was something I didnt need, it was nano pool, I had more than enough.

1 HP is alot more powerful than 1 nano... its not even comparable

It's nothing new that the differences between the breeds aren't realy intresting. It's like much in AO.. want to minimax, then get the one suited to your class. Take blabla as your weapon and blabla as your armor and .....

They should better try to make every combination of class/breed intressting. I don't care if my Soldier would get more nano, cause i don't need it and the lost hp hurts much. I would be thinking about taking nano as my breed if i would get some advantages while casting my nanos, like more protection from shields or longer lastings nanos ... etc.

I think that nano is the worst breed in the long run, cause the gain in nano power is only needed in the first levels. ( Not to mention the problem of running out of nano cause the mobs heal faster than you can hurt them )

my two cent.

Exclamation

FYI, you can put the modified agg enhancer on anything.

Level 1, atrox, whatever...doesn't matter. It has no wear reqs due to description bug. I swear I saw some new advent things with a similar problem, where the class req is overlapped the same way.

Never heard of anyone getting a 6%, due to the level of the mob. 3-5% is all thats dropped. I could be wrong, but I asked around quite a bit. Even if they wouldn't trade with me, someone would've at least shown me a 6% by now. (using the link trick will not earn you any brownie points)

Oh yeah, it doesn't work for aggro either. When you try to use it on a mob, it says "target must be a NPC and in a fight", even if they ARE a NPC and in a fight
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast