Thread: Why are fixers so much fun?

Why are fixers so much fun?

I'll tell you why! At lvl 210 putting on a ql 300 Machine pistol type 5 in main and and you guessed it a 300 Machine pistol in off hand it's just pure joy. It make soldiers cry foul and say you are cheating on DD which adds an entirely new lvl of fun. The down side is that my poor 220 doc (Trillium) sits there all dejected as playing my fixer is so much fun!

Why are fixers so much fun? If you have to ask you must not be a fixer.

X

Erm.... Just out of interest, what stuff you used to put on those babies ?
    Killer 66% Achiever 46% Socializer 46% Explorer 40%

Yes plx, im 210 and i got the QL 300 bio mat, just need the gun now: :O
    Spammerific - General of Midnight Reveries (RK2)
    WoW 4 teh win plx, look for Spammerifiq on Ravencrest (unless you're Alliance, in which case i'd have to kill ya)
    My bro - My equipment

at 208 i just equiped a 296 type 5 and a 265 MP so it should be doable at 210 to equip a 300 in offhand...
    Fixer Forever.
    Oldchap is the name.
    Rk1.

Talking about the type5 mainhand

ok to get these bad boys on at 210 or even 208 you need a rich friend that has great trust in you and enough perk points to spend. The key is getting 1k agi/sense, if you are opi that is a big help for doing this at a low lvl. I myself dumped 10 points into enhanced dna for +45, thief has nice add to sense, accrobat which should be trained anyhow adds to agi along with ambidextrious addind a few agi and the much needed multi ranged. You will also need 12+ alien lvls 3 for alien tech to be able to equip some supple or sharpshooters armor and 9-10 for light artilary (needed for the smg skill). Once you have your perks set and have 1k agi/sense you need that rich friend to loan you the armor, I used 6 pieces of sharpshooters giving me 178 smg/burst/multi ranged. This gave me a bit over 2k smg with just a 120 wrangle burst was over 1.5k (if you need a few extra burst points you can use the +30 duel wield able pistols giving you an extra 60 points of burst, and yes they can be hot swapped to get the type 5 on), multi ranged should be well over 1.5k you may need to implant the eye but thats not a problem as it's only needed to get the guns on. Fling is low req so easy to get and I never worried about it. I would expect each persons symb/implant set up to be different depending on funds available or comitment to camping so you may need to make minor adjustments to get the needed skills.

Mind this is just a rough idea of what is needed as I'm not logged in with all the gear sitting in front of me. I have also gained 2 lvls since doing this so my skills have changed not to mention resetting perks to get my defensive stance perks back. If you want a more detailed account or have any questions feel free to post here or send me an ingame tell .. can get a hold of me on Xanthophyll or Trillium.

X

just a side note with 4gem bracers, dchest, and +60 gloves on you will pull a huge amount of agg from the suposed true tanks, just be rdy for that agg as you will more then likely be top dd in team.
    Last edited by Xanthophyll; Feb 7th, 2005 at 23:09:58.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthophyll
    just a side note with 4gem bracers, dchest, and +60 gloves on you will pull a huge amount of agg from the suposed true tanks, just be rdy for that agg as you will more then likely be top dd in team.

Been there done that since 208 without dchest / +60 gloves / MoR