Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ideas for fixer improvements

Ideas for fixer improvements

Defensive:

1) Complete immunity to piercing nukes from NTs. They can still kill you, just not with an I-win button.

OR

A 30-second duration self-cast nano that blocks CB from landing, coupled with enough NR to actually resist things.

Reasoning: A lot of people bitch about NTs and triples, but endgame fixers are the only profession I know of that can get 90% of their health eaten in a real-world situation by it. CB is also complete bull**** - some tests were done with my friend's NT and my 216 NR8 advy I use to tank the Clon**** dread. Needless to say, the NR8 advy got killed by NT nukes once their NR was debuffed to nothing.

2) More AAD. For a proper fix, AAD should simply be boosted on items most fixers probably already have, instead of new items that you have to grind to get.

Reasoning: Fixers used to be way too difficult to hit. Then shortly after LE, they became very difficult to hit, which is how they should be - killable, but you have to pull out tricks to do it. Currently, I murder most fixers in my Envy/Rapier PvM setup that has all of 2.9k AR, which simply should not be.

Offense:

Instead of reliance on more powerful AS or quicker FA, special ammunition should be boosted. There should be PvM only kinds, PvP only kinds, and kinds that should be capable to be used in both. These special bullets should be a straight-up check of the fixer's B&E against the B&E of their target - reasoning would be, from a story perspective, no one would really be sure what kind of tricks a fixer has up their sleeve aside from other fixers. Special ammo would have lockout timers on it, varying depending on the strength and purpose of the attack.

Ideas for special ammo:

1) Pray and Spray: An AoE attack that does low direct damage, stuns targets in the area for 1 second followed by an unresistable/unremovable 15 second snare. If a fixer gets into a dire situation, this would allow them to run away without fear of pursuit. Lockout timer of 10 minutes.

2) Incendiary Bullets: Fires an incendiary round into the target. Initial hit does regular weapon damage, followed by a 10 second DoT. Lockout of 50 seconds.

That's all the ideas I have right now for new fixer tools that could actually do something crazy like improve the profession. Troll away.
    Last edited by Berinda; Apr 25th, 2009 at 17:46:31.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Why is a soldie giving Fixer "fixes" suggestions? o.O
    Looking Uber > Being Uber

Quote Originally Posted by FixerSepyuff View Post
    Why is a soldie giving Fixer "fixes" suggestions? o.O
    Who knows? Those offensive "fixes" wouldn't even begin to scratch the surface.
    Bloodembargo 220/30/70 Fixer

Quote Originally Posted by bargox View Post
    Who knows? Those offensive "fixes" wouldn't even begin to scratch the surface.
    It's just some ideas. Four simple suggestions - not meant to, by themselves, fix everything wrong.

Mostly what's on this forum is people whining that fixers are broken, then getting pissed at people who play profs that aren't broken instead of trying to fix things.

The appropriate response to suggestions would be "This is unworkable for the following reasons/here is what I would like to see instead:" or "These ideas are workable, and here's what I would like to do to build on them."

A lot of the fixer trolls bitch I don't care about fixers, seemingly for no other reason than soldiers can use submachine guns; if the same people deride me for trying to come up with ideas that may be an improvement, then I know their opinion wasn't worth caring about in the first place. I even unignored a few people to see if they would have a reasonable reaction or just keep being ornery.
    Last edited by Berinda; Apr 25th, 2009 at 20:12:02.

Unfortunately I think a lot of us have either come up with suggestions ourselves or seen other fixers come up with a lot of suggestions, only to see them never get past the suggestion form. Hell, we've been asking for a timer of some sort for GA/SWS since I started reading teh forums, and that was 3 years ago.
    That, plus watching professions with few problems get even more love (soldiers using the Envy is a prime example of this) and it gets pretty annoying.
    Add in other people that come here and try and say fixers are fine, and it makes bad morale get even worse, and yes, people start attacking back, especially on these forums (not just the fixer forum but the entire AO forum) where I'm pretty sure a good chunk of the people don't even play anymore and are just trolling.
    Kain97 - 220 Fixer, President, Pantheon
    Maskirovka - 220 Shade
    Dominum - 220 Bureaucrat
    Severit - 220 Enforcer
    Sayet - 220 Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Berinda View Post
    It's just some ideas. Four simple suggestions - not meant to, by themselves, fix everything wrong.

Mostly what's on this forum is people whining that fixers are broken, then getting pissed at people who play profs that aren't broken instead of trying to fix things.

The appropriate response to suggestions would be "This is unworkable for the following reasons/here is what I would like to see instead:" or "These ideas are workable, and here's what I would like to do to build on them."

A lot of the fixer trolls bitch I don't care about fixers, seemingly for no other reason than soldiers can use submachine guns; if the same people deride me for trying to come up with ideas that may be an improvement, then I know their opinion wasn't worth caring about in the first place. I even unignored a few people to see if they would have a reasonable reaction or just keep being ornery.
    There's a rooted thread at the top with our ideas, Josephina and Hyde have both made very long posts on suggestions to help us being fixed. And as Kain said, nearly none of them are getting implemented (perfect example is the the timer for ga/sws). The only thing we got lately was a %hot.

I frankly don't care that soldiers can use SMGs. But having it being thrown back in our faces is really upsetting simply because soldiers CAN use it *better* than fixers.
    Bloodembargo 220/30/70 Fixer

Quote Originally Posted by Kain97 View Post
    Unfortunately I think a lot of us have either come up with suggestions ourselves or seen other fixers come up with a lot of suggestions, only to see them never get past the suggestion form. Hell, we've been asking for a timer of some sort for GA/SWS since I started reading teh forums, and that was 3 years ago.
    I've been wondering about that timer myself for a similar period of time.

That, plus watching professions with few problems get even more love (soldiers using the Envy is a prime example of this) and it gets pretty annoying.
    To be fair, the problems of SMG soldiers were a very straightforward fix. Fixers are a profession who's toolset has become obsolete, and that's a much different problem.

Add in other people that come here and try and say fixers are fine, and it makes bad morale get even worse, and yes, people start attacking back, especially on these forums (not just the fixer forum but the entire AO forum) where I'm pretty sure a good chunk of the people don't even play anymore and are just trolling.
    The second part I've noticed. The first part is irrational when applied to someone who's coming up with ideas for improvements.

This.
    What do you expect when minor nerf to for example crats makes 15 pages long thread and provokes immediate "fix" with long explanation from GD. While all our problems kept being completely ignored.
    There is no mention about fixers from Means.... ever.

So when ignored and neglected redheaded stepchild develops hate towards loved and pampered children it should not surprise you Berinda.
    None cares about any of suggestions on fixer forum, none seems to read it even. We are totally skipped in favor of some other spoiled, catered, overpowered professions.

Your suggestions could be made out of good will but it doesnt mean much compared to what we have been going through with you and too many other people on this forum, including those that are responsible for our state and yet doing nothing again but ignoring us.
    You cant beat and starve the dog for this long and expect it to do anything else but bite you.

This is completely off topic but I'm begining to see more and more XoE/Onehander Soldiers on BS lately. My guess is that Soldiers are beginging to win/obtain LoEs from Beast. What does this mean? It means that the prof that actually needs a XoE are being out bid by Soldiers that have viable alternitives.

Just another thing that makes Fixers even more resentful againt Soldiers.

I've been wondering about that timer myself for a similar period of time.
    It would be an easy fix too, make the sws/ga summon nanos cast a 2nd, hostile nano on you that does nothing, and has a duration of 6 hours. Boom, fixed. Creates a little goodwill in the fixer community towards the devs. But it's been 3+ years, several threads, etc.. and we're still waiting. While MP's get choice with setups (shield or bow.. maybe more? I don't have an mp), or soldiers now get to be AR or SMG...
    Even past the timer idea, on upgrades we have gotten, it took how long to get some common sense requirements on say, the team short hot? Or the FA reqs on the original Hawk. Or being forced to lose 11 sec semi reliable AS for less reliable 90 sec FA.... a lot of what has been done with the fixer profession as of late has made very little sense.

To be fair, the problems of SMG soldiers were a very straightforward fix. Fixers are a profession who's toolset has become obsolete, and that's a much different problem.
    With all due respect, I don't give a damn about soldiers' smg woes, when so many of our PRIMARY tools are lacking, it's an extra kick in the face to see FC either a) concentrate on other professions in order to give them other options on top of the perfectly fine primary option, or b) give us something that then (and predictably) gets coopted by another profession who then ends up using it better than fixers can.

The second part I've noticed. The first part is irrational when applied to someone who's coming up with ideas for improvements.
    Maybe you should consider that you (like it or not) have become the poster child for smg soldiers... and you've been arguing in these forums a whole lot as of late. The wonderfully built up forum aggro you now have isn't gonna disappear overnight.
    Maskirovka - 220 Shade
    Dominum - 220 Bureaucrat
    Severit - 220 Enforcer
    Sayet - 220 Doctor

or soldiers now get to be AR or SMG...
    Soldiers have always had the choice to go SMG. Just because you haven't seen much of it in PvP before now doesn't mean they didn't.

Soldiers have always had the choice to go SMG. Just because you haven't seen much of it in PvP before now doesn't mean they didn't.
    Oh I know they could've. Please don't go off on a tangent because of a badly worded fragment of a sentence. Getting an upgrade to a secondary weapon line when there's really not much wrong with your primary weapon line, is an insult to every other profession who needs some lovin' from FC.
    Maskirovka - 220 Shade
    Dominum - 220 Bureaucrat
    Severit - 220 Enforcer
    Sayet - 220 Doctor

A whole 2 more months til i'm dead :/
    Diverje 220/30 Fix Screw evades these days.
    Acetoxy 220/22 NT
    Ephedrae 220/20 Agent

Defensive:

1) Complete immunity to piercing nukes from NTs. They can still kill you, just not with an I-win button.

OR

A 30-second duration self-cast nano that blocks CB from landing, coupled with enough NR to actually resist things.

Reasoning: A lot of people bitch about NTs and triples, but endgame fixers are the only profession I know of that can get 90% of their health eaten in a real-world situation by it. CB is also complete bull**** - some tests were done with my friend's NT and my 216 NR8 advy I use to tank the Clon**** dread. Needless to say, the NR8 advy got killed by NT nukes once their NR was debuffed to nothing.

2) More AAD. For a proper fix, AAD should simply be boosted on items most fixers probably already have, instead of new items that you have to grind to get.

Reasoning: Fixers used to be way too difficult to hit. Then shortly after LE, they became very difficult to hit, which is how they should be - killable, but you have to pull out tricks to do it. Currently, I murder most fixers in my Envy/Rapier PvM setup that has all of 2.9k AR, which simply should not be.

Offense:

Instead of reliance on more powerful AS or quicker FA, special ammunition should be boosted. There should be PvM only kinds, PvP only kinds, and kinds that should be capable to be used in both. These special bullets should be a straight-up check of the fixer's B&E against the B&E of their target - reasoning would be, from a story perspective, no one would really be sure what kind of tricks a fixer has up their sleeve aside from other fixers. Special ammo would have lockout timers on it, varying depending on the strength and purpose of the attack.

Ideas for special ammo:

1) Pray and Spray: An AoE attack that does low direct damage, stuns targets in the area for 1 second followed by an unresistable/unremovable 15 second snare. If a fixer gets into a dire situation, this would allow them to run away without fear of pursuit. Lockout timer of 10 minutes.

2) Incendiary Bullets: Fires an incendiary round into the target. Initial hit does regular weapon damage, followed by a 10 second DoT. Lockout of 50 seconds.

That's all the ideas I have right now for new fixer tools that could actually do something crazy like improve the profession. Troll away.

I don't know how much these fixes would work, I'm not the professional after all. What I find shocking is original ideas that fall in the "cool things a fixer can do that is fixerish" is being posed by a Soldier and not a Fixer. I'm more embarrassed at this point.

On a side note: I attended a friend's in game wedding on RK2 yesterday. As the Maid of Honor (hai guys!). And I noticed our GD had attended in the front row. I see part of our current problem. He (she in game) is using a level 1 fixer with the Kingpin Title Level and an HP bar that cross most of my screen at 1920x1200 resolution. Obviously, when the GD tests things on test for our survivability we MUST seem overpowered! Wish I had a billion HP. That 5% hot is definitely adequate at that point!
    "Sadly, the patch "stop others [from] being idiots" has been delayed."
    -Gurudee

"I think so, but every time they get a duel invitation popup it plays "Wanna Fanta" a few times over... "
    -Kotts (regarding Froobs+Dueling)

"The fail is strong in this one."
    -Pafpuf

Glitterdust, do you know how many threads were started by fixers about what is needed to fix the Fixer proffession?

Countless threads have been made, none where ever considered by FC.

I've not failed to notice many of them, or even comment in a few. What I'm pointing out is we look the part of idiots for flaming someone actually throwing in a constructive suggestion FOR us. Then again a few of us swoop in to cut each other to pieces on a regular basis.

I'll just put my sad panda mask back on.
    "Sadly, the patch "stop others [from] being idiots" has been delayed."
    -Gurudee

"I think so, but every time they get a duel invitation popup it plays "Wanna Fanta" a few times over... "
    -Kotts (regarding Froobs+Dueling)

"The fail is strong in this one."
    -Pafpuf

Quote Originally Posted by glitterdust View Post
    I've not failed to notice many of them, or even comment in a few. What I'm pointing out is we look the part of idiots for flaming someone actually throwing in a constructive suggestion FOR us. Then again a few of us swoop in to cut each other to pieces on a regular basis.

I'll just put my sad panda mask back on.
    The person with the suggestions has been nothing but a flame monkey ever since he first stepped into the forums, so I don't really see a reason to be constructive in return.
    Biggest lie of the century

Quote Originally Posted by Mavritanic View Post
    Make clan PvP zerg-bot is destroy pvp-action in AO.

Tnx!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamin View Post
    The person with the suggestions has been nothing but a flame monkey ever since he first stepped into the forums, so I don't really see a reason to be constructive in return.
    Wouldn't say I've been a flame monkey - just been pointing out a certain weapon was made for two profs and crying to get 11s FA won't fix your profession, which then led to people claiming I'm only out for myself and so on and so forth. How you can take one from the other, I don't know.

So I presented some constructive ideas that could improve the profession by doing things that are perfectly in-line with the backstory - hacking/disabling nano-related functions, and pulling out unexpected surprises to escape from an overwhelming enemy force or giving them extra damage to deal with from a non-traditional source.

If you're hell-bent on shooting the messenger instead of paying attention to the message, then whatever reputation dicussions in this forum have earned are justified.

Anarrina coughs politely

I think it suffices to say that multiple discussions in this forum have occurred with inflammatory language above and beyond the adversarial nature of the topics themselves.

Now, how about we do not get into a fight about the fighting, please?

Anarrina eyes her Forums Moderator Tool Pack containing her Venachar Issued Nerfstick(tm) and Flame Monkey Fire Extinguisher(tm) pointedly

Thanks very much,
    Ana
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Wouldn't say I've been a flame monkey - just been pointing out a certain weapon was made for two profs and crying to get 11s FA won't fix your profession.
    Who asked for 11sec FA?
    Fixer issues

Quote Originally Posted by heartless888 View Post
    fixers got 2 more hots since LE, which means their healing over time, more or less, went up 200%

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast