Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Updated Fixer Guide

Hoops is the other professional.
    Aratink 220/30 Fixer
    Proud General of Dark Front
    Clanslator
    Quote Originally Posted by Kijomimi
    See? It all starts with you doing something stupid. Maybe if you were not so stupid, you would have less problems.

*links it to her rooted thread*

Great work thanks
    Queen of the Ninjas

Slyyk - MUHAHAHA! Old Fixers never die, they just take a different grid exit.

Cosmik - And don't worry, Jorji. We've got FC love for everyone. It's stockpiled and going out the door.

Jorji's art page (some mature content )

zomg she finally got myspace lawls

one more usefull thing from my bookmarks: about premade implants from shop terminal. reprint

I just want to suggest to make slight changes in premade implants layout. The current layout has problems in like 6 implants.
    i ll name them.
    Head: has psychic in it. Well psychic it's the only ability that fixers don't need, so u can safely remove it. What we do need is sense and ranged init. Suggestion - agents head imp with SI,RI and sense.
    Left wrist: it's ok but multi ranged could be added to free slot. Suggestion - crats left wrist .
    Waist: no need for us to have implanted stamina. Fixers prefer evades. Change stamina for evade cls. Suggestion - MA waist imp.
    Leg: fixers dont have premade leg imp at all. Suggestion- MA leg imp.
    Right hand: it has currently burst + TS. I think most fixers would prefer Trap disarment/SMG/Ranged init.Suggestion - pretty bad here, no such premade imp form other profs. I found that Right hand imps with SMG/Burst could be blitzed. So i guess SMG/Burst in right hand is ok too.

i think that mini guide can save lot's of time for new fixer trying to buy her first set of imps.
    vega2 RK2 fixer 213/13
    Unit Member of Genesis

Yeah i agree with that ^^
    Atleast use that guide until L75 or so, then you can start looking into making your own imps if your that way inclined.

Incorporated
    Aginorgotd's Updated Fixer Guide - If you have a Fixer question, the answer is probably here
    As mentioned in Sorhan's journal
    Atlantean Omni Unredeemed Kingpin Fixer, Unit Leader of Majestic Twelve
    Aginorgotd, auno.org - Equipment and Perks, auno.org
    Aginorgotd, from anarchy-online.com - Total Equipment and Perks Report, from aomainframe.info
    Too many alts to list

iv'e been standing still for so long growing more and more tired of the game.. now sitting here at work reading this guide... it brings a tear to my eye. Thank you!

cant wait to get home and play
    History is hard to know, because of all the hired bull****, but even without being sure of ”history” it seems entirely reasonable to think that every now and then the energy of a whole generation comes to a head in a long fine flash, for reasons that nobody really understands at the time---and which never explain, in retrospect, what actually happened.

Hunter S. Thompson

Fuzze Rk-1 Fixer Unit Memeber of ..::Nordic Alliance::..

Your appreciation is welcome and noted. When I wrote this I had no idea it would inspire a relatively high lvl fixer to start again, it was more for the new fixers starting out. Your post has made my work worthwhile and I hope my guide now allows others to do the same as you.

Agi
    Aginorgotd's Updated Fixer Guide - If you have a Fixer question, the answer is probably here
    Aginorgotd, from anarchy-online.com - Total Equipment and Perks Report, from aomainframe.info
    Too many alts to list

Aginor, your underestimating your work
    Killer 66% Achiever 46% Socializer 46% Explorer 40%

Praise from Caesar. Thank you, Takalon, your regards on my work means a lot to me. I read your posts myself when I was a newly made fixer and learned a lot of this from you.

Agi
    Too many alts to list

Russian Good Day

Great guide. It is nice to have an updated version of a guide in order to deal with the current state of a profession.

I would like to mention that MTI Russian Good Days are rollable. They do not seem like a common item (they may border on being rare), but I have come across a few while rolling nanos for my trader.

Good point, but seeing as how most ppl who want them, want them in pairs, a Trader buying the same QL in the Trader Shop would be MUCH easier than rolling a pair of what you call in your own words a "rare" roll. The credits alone to roll a pair may equal the cost of the guns. That time is better spent playing rather than using ClickSaver.

Just my point of view.

Agi
    Too many alts to list

Should add visionist tool into list of treatment buffing items - pretty easy to get and good increase, I use this with my ergo ring for treatment buffing, I have a +8 version.

Visionist Tool
    Malik23 - 212/13 Neutral MP - My current setup - Current Gear
    Doctamalik - 216/18 Neutral Doc - Current Gear
    PvtPile - 150/16 Neutral Soldier - Lots of good stuff :-P

Both the Visionist Tool and Diviner's Helper were incorporated into the guide.

I've never gotten one to drop.

Agi
    Too many alts to list

I've seen 2 visionist tools drop in the time I've played.

Though, as far as I've understood it, the tools drop from bosstype mobs ( that is, they have the best chance to drop it ?_? )
    Killer 66% Achiever 46% Socializer 46% Explorer 40%

Ive had several diviners drop... in sorrow off one mob.. cant recall the name but can go check later, i guess there is a unredeemed equivilant mob somewhere
    Queen of the Ninjas

Slyyk - MUHAHAHA! Old Fixers never die, they just take a different grid exit.

Cosmik - And don't worry, Jorji. We've got FC love for everyone. It's stockpiled and going out the door.

Jorji's art page (some mature content )

zomg she finally got myspace lawls

Not bad guide at all.

My only gripe is that it totally ignores Trade Skills for wich fixers are well suited.

Out of the dozen or so professions fixers rank 3rd in trade skill abilities.

Notice in game Problem Solving Devices and various other trade skill boosters are Engineer/Trader/Fixer only items.

5x PSDs = 100 and a city lab adds 160. + 20 expertise and already you have 280 tradeskills (not including trickle) without speding a single IP. There are other items/buffs that can be used to further boost this.

Myself... I also have 6 alien levels wich give me +120 to my trade skills. So thats about 450 in all tradeskills before I spend IP. I also have custom tradeskill implants that I swap in.

In short I have spent very little to none IP.... and all my tradeskills currently buff to about 800ish at level 175. All other important skills are already title maxxed.

Fixers make a very viable tradeskill class. We're not the best for sure... but if you are ok with coming in 3'rd place.... its not something that should be overlooked.

Diemax... the tradeskillin fixer !
    2004-2006, 2009 briefly. And back again in 2013 !

As you have garnered, my fixer is not at all a tradeskiling fixer. I only wrote what I knew about.

If you'd like to write up a section on tradeskilling, I would gladly incorporate it and attribute that section to you.

Agi
    Too many alts to list

tradeskilling fixer? what the hell is that?

I love the tradeskilling angle as well, though, at 186 I have not invested nearly the effort into them that Diemax has, still, I've sunk enough IP in that stripping QL 200 plants is not a big deal (with one QL 200 B&E implant in), hacking QL 200 portable surgery clinics, combining Tier 1 Glyps (With +160 Org HQ buff), and an unbuffed 751 NP base. Current Comp lit also sits at about 1100 (With 1K token Board buff). Oddly enough, Comp Lit actually figures in as a tradeskill (pretty much qualifying ALL profs as "Tradeskillers" to one degree or another).

It's Fun! And, As Diemax points out, we have Perks, and devices which enhace these abilities. Something to simply broaden the experience of bing a fixah.

From what Diemax has said, he didnt really spend any effort, other than acquiring PSD's and spending some perk points. I'm acquiring some PSD's myself and between trickle down, and the city lab, and that OT Tech Library, it's a decent amount.

Agi
    Too many alts to list

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast