Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Updated Fixer Guide

As far as I see it about tradeskilling, there's two choices.

yes if arent gonna pvp

no if you are gonna pvp

Both are extensive IP sinks, mainly pvp due to the exotic weapons and AS until something is done ;p
    Killer 66% Achiever 46% Socializer 46% Explorer 40%

Two questions :

1. Whats everyones opinion on the "Slip of xxxx" % evade nanos? I was going to go get Slip Of Accident 5% nano. I have heard they are bugged is this true? Do they work in Rubi-Ka and stack with GSF and Shadow Trail?

2. Not fixer specific but as far as AI perks, I have 2 AI technology trained in order to get in some AI memory. Now that they are in, can I safely remove the AI technology perks?

1. Worth it only in pvp, wouldnt use them in anywhere else, and yes, they stack with our runbuffs

2. yes, but if you want to put them back in if you accidentally remove them, you need to train the perk again

Hmmm, I disagree.

Last I tried one of the SLIP lines.... I recall it overwrote my RK runbuff. It would probably stack with SL runbuffs though.

Anyhow,
    I dont recall it being all that hot. At 2000 evades you would get +100 to dodge ranged. But lose 100 to both evadeclc and duck exp. (thats at 5%)

Even at 25%... you only get +500 dodge range. Limber+DoF is better. And for SL you dont want to lose any duck exp.

As the poster previosly stated... Dodge Ranged is most prevailent in PvP and this is where that nano would benifit you most.

I wish I had time to contribute to the tradskilling section... but with work, divorce and stuff I dont get much quality 'alone' time anymore. What little I have... I use to play AO or read.

(Right now I'm posting from work ! Shhh ! Dont tell my boss !)
    2004-2006, 2009 briefly. And back again in 2013 !

Slips stack with DoF + Limber + GSF + Blessed by Shadow.

GSF + Blessed by Shadow are both different nanolines, and Slips are all different nanolines than GSF / Blessed.

Well I've been wrong before. Wouldnt be the first time.

Just wanted to post a thanks for this great guide. It has been very very helpful for me. It has been my bible for the last couple weeks (and will continue to be) since I started playing again. I originally started playing this game back when it was in beta and started a fixer while I was on a break from EQ. The game at the time was way too laggy and buggy although I thought it had a lot of great innovative ideas I soon went back to EQ for a few more years after getting my old Solitus fixer to around 40.

Got the old invite to come back and try it from Funcom for free and after almost 4 years I figured the game must have worked out all of those bugs. Of course I go straight to the board to figure out what I had missed and found this nice guide. Decided to start an Opifex fixer from scratch and go by this guide to a 'T' and compare my 2 fixers stat by stat at 40 and make a decision then. After resetting a few ip on my old gimped Solitus fixer (pistol, fling shot!!!, maxed concealment!!!) and trying to fix IP spending as much as I could, the Opifex still had an edge (only had 3 RP to fix the gimping =P). I was so attached to my newly created fixer, I decided to continue with the Opifex and keep the old toon around for the memories and maybe to blitz some lower level items when my new toon grows in levels. It would have been nice I guess to continue with the toon that was born back in '01, but what's the difference really... I'm still a newb either way.

Just wanted to say thanks again and maybe ask a couple questions....

1) After following the guide and getting to level 40, I had put no IP at all into Psychic. With Intelligence maxed I was not able to raise Nano Pool at all and was able to memorize Nano Formulas, but not cast them. At first I would buff Psychic up, spend some IP in Nano Pool, but then after a while it was capped again so I would spend a point in Pschic, raise Nano Pool ... see how much nano I had, then rinse and repeat until I had enough to cast the nano. Nano in particular I was working to cast was Grid Phreak at like level 27 or 28. Took a bit of work, and just a little IP but I got my 525 Nano. Very nice nano to have at the earliest levels because travelling from anywhere after missions is hazardous.... so to my question....... Is this what you experienced fixers recommend? Raising Psychic just as needed for Nano, or is there a target number I can goal to and stop at? Maybe 1 point every 2 to 3 levels.

2) Having just become a paying customer again with expansions and explored in Shadowlands for the first time 2 nights ago is there a better faction in SL for fixers (Redeemed or Unredeemed) or do most people just go Redeemed if Clan or Unredeemed if Omni? I am Omni by the way.

Sorry for the book!!! I may have more questions as I progress (i'm sure I will). I would love to have fixers on my newbie friends (I'm on RK1) list if anyone is open for the occasional fixer specific question (no begging I promise!) or just to have friends in this game. /tell Porta =)

Thanks again!

Porta
    47 Fixer

Peronsally I havent spent a single point in nano pool. I relied on having the best possible token board for my TL to give me enough nano pool. After a while nano/nano regen from symbs is added in and that works for me.

Doing that comes with two disadvantages though. First you cant really snare/root kite mobs as you will run out of nano (impossible in SL, doable but a bit risky on rk) because of the frequent recasts you need to do.

The second problem comes from buffing. Yes, you do have enough nano to buff yourself (including nano regain perk). The problem is when your team starts requesting buffs. You are gonna have to recharge several times over to buff them all (assuming 6 ppl party here) with ncu/gsf/HoT/dmg etc.

About psychic, certain symbiants come with a psychic requirement so I have enough psychic to equip those. It might be possible to skip out on psychic all together if you dont use those symbiants in particular, but I havent really checked out what the alternatives might be and how that affects my character.

If you are OMNI you have to side with unredeemed. And if you are CLAN you have to side with redeemed.

The garden keys have that requirement. ie: THRAK insignia is usable only if side <> CLAN. Thus to enter the unredeemed garden you must be OMNI. Clan cannot.

Nuetrals can go either way. Though most seem to go redeemed.

another bump to the top, screamin for a sticky root
    There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at, without results.
    Winston Churchill
    Chipotle RK-2

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=374773

Already linked in the sticky all encompassing post.
    Queen of the Ninjas

Slyyk - MUHAHAHA! Old Fixers never die, they just take a different grid exit.

Cosmik - And don't worry, Jorji. We've got FC love for everyone. It's stockpiled and going out the door.

Jorji's art page (some mature content )

zomg she finally got myspace lawls

not sure if this been emtnioned in thread allready, but clan apocalypse/omni steel ribbed is also a very nice choice for armor in addition to carbonum, and is probably cheaper then carb at lower levels(need blitzable/shop buyable armor an a clanalizer and some hacking skill wich should not be too ahrd to find someone with. ql 160 armor hacking needs 950-ish BnE wich shouldnt be too ahrd to find someone with seeing thats also needed for implant clenaing, after that it might get harder
    Becky "Cenelia" Schatz and equipment
    Picture drawn by MrFli

[Clan OOC]Azzreal: ok all pay attention. Qwazeech and cen are now elevated to god (and godess) status

Douglas Adams: "I really didn't foresee the Internet. But then, neither did the computer industry. Not that that tells us very much of course - the computer industry didn't even foresee that the century was going to end"

/)(X.(>_x)(\<) bunnies shouldnt play with blenders
    disclaimer: bunny was not hurt permanently thanks to my divine powers

did you cuddle a leet today?

nah, making apocalypse armor for just couple of days till u outgrow it? and blitzing the parts... imho, easiest option is to make carbon armor, no point to turn it to sided carbon since in lowers levels you level fast.
    vega2 RK2 fixer 213/13
    Unit Member of Genesis

Ok I've put the final edits into the guide; added periods, corrected spelling, changed phraseology.

As I look through the comments, I'd like to give special thanks to Vega2 for the input given.

I'm going to consider this guide done until the next expansion or the next major patch, unless any of you have any additional suggestions to make. If you do in the future, know that I will still update the guide, but I may just redo it again for Lost Eden. So for those of you using this guide, and would like to add anything please speak up. I tried to make it as close to perfect as possible.

Lastly, thanks to all those who posted their thanks to me for the guide. Praise is never unappreciated. And for all the silent majority out there, the view count is flattering.

Agi
    Aginorgotd's Updated Fixer Guide - If you have a Fixer question, the answer is probably here
    As mentioned in Sorhan's journal
    Atlantean Omni Unredeemed Kingpin Fixer, Unit Leader of Majestic Twelve
    Aginorgotd, auno.org - Equipment and Perks, auno.org
    Aginorgotd, from anarchy-online.com - Total Equipment and Perks Report, from aomainframe.info
    Too many alts to list

Well, since I have upgraded, now I am able to post my praise here Great guide, without it I would be way more gimped then I am now =)
    Ludozee 195/8 Fixer, RK2 [Equip]

Tribute to Wrangeline's tier-armour post

Dutch and Proud

Proud General of Unlimited High Society

"My pantaloons are full of weasels. Inform the queen, so that she might shoo them away. Here we go 'round the mulberry bush. Go monkey GO!"

Great Job Agi, realy good guide. i found tho 2 things that you might want to correct
    itypo:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Nanoprogramming – You need 200 to clean QL200 implants, luckily though the 1k tokenboards adds 210 NP. If you want to clean them early on, or make some implants, you could raise this skill, I’ve left it alone.
    NP is used to make imps, not to clean. 951 NP needed to make ql 200 imps. fixers don't really need it, maybe to put some HP towers.

Break&Entry is used to clean imps tho.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    not typo, but i would suggest to correct
    First Aid – I left alone because of our HoT’s. I can see why you’d want it though.
    in early levels FA is very important, it even more important in SL as SL first aid kits are much more effective.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    vega2 RK2 fixer 213/13
    Unit Member of Genesis

I seem to remember needing 200NP early on when I first had my disassembly clinic made. And I found this quote on anarchyarcanum.com for the disassembly clinic:

"When you disassemble implants, all you will need is patience, implants, this nifty little thingummy, and both Nanoprogramming and Breaking & Entry skills. It takes exactly 1*QL of the implant in Nanoprogramming, and 4.75 times the QL in Breaking & Entry skills in doing this."

So unless they've changed things it takes 200NP and 950 B&E and I'm guessing a QL161+ Implant Diassembly Clinic to clean QL200 imps.

Regarding First Aid, do you have a number/lvl/QL at which ppl should stop investing IP into it? I really havent spent a single point into First Aid and can give no one good advice on the matter.

Agi
    Aginorgotd's Updated Fixer Guide - If you have a Fixer question, the answer is probably here
    Aginorgotd, from anarchy-online.com - Total Equipment and Perks Report, from aomainframe.info
    Too many alts to list

well u right, it takes 1 NP per ql to hack easy forget about it, sorry
    about First Aid - with SL kits requing huge FA skills there's no cap on it, imho. my FA is maxed at 210 and it saved me not once, using nice SL kit to be healed for 2k is very nice. moreover u need some FA to hit the 45 secs cap on FA recharge.
    but even for RK, Advanced Restoration Kit requires 1001 FA
    Last edited by Vega2; Jun 20th, 2005 at 03:25:22.
    vega2 RK2 fixer 213/13
    Unit Member of Genesis

Incorporated.

Agi
    Too many alts to list

I've kind of burned myself out on the SK grind. I'm going to go find an alt profession that suits me. So far it's between an evades profession or a ranged profession. No pets.

I'll work on the TL7 part again when I get bored with the alt finding. I'm still hoping to grab a pair of QL300 KMPs, I'm only at 233 in the onhand and a 199 in the offhand, but that means grinding out up to about 215.

If for some reason, I don't come back to the game, the fixer community has my permission to use any or all of the guide they wish. Just credit me somewhere so I'm not forgotten.

Agi
    Too many alts to list

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast