Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Updated Fixer Guide

Quote Originally Posted by AginorGotD
    TL5 150-190

You’re starting to hit your breed cap, and you’re title capped in your core skills very early on. So you’re a lot more free with your IP spending. Max some of the necessary skills you’re behind on. Nano Resist, Duck-Exp, Ranged Init maybe. Hit the Ace camps for your Ebony Figurine. Finish off your 1k token board. The Adonis Garden Quest is one of the easiest in the game and moving back to Adonis from RK becomes so much easier. Try and form a team and kill the golems for your QL161 STA to do your SPB if you haven’t already made the money to buy it outright. Do Spec3 in the temples and acquire from friendly people SWS MK V, which should be castable with CI. Start farming PB’s for your symbiants. Kill Eradicus and get your 2nd gem and the Joker’s Glyph. Camp the Peristaltic Aversion for your Syndicate Shades. Grab your Pen progression ring at 165?. Start farming frags in Pen for the Pen Garden Quest. Join a Tier2 team if you can and start farming those T2 parts. If you have a lot of friends or are in a good org do the Pen Sanc quest and grab the pants while you’re at it. Hit Eradicus and Scorchid up again for your 3 gem, which you can make at 185 and slap the first two gems in while you wait for the 3rd, you should be able to easily buy it. You might forget to raise that NCUHI one or two levels. Don’t just do Adonis hecks.
    I would really appreciate if you could go a bit more in detail on this secstion. I see you suggest a lots of things, but I am not sure what you are talking about. Take for example, "Joker's Glyph".

Excellent guide.
    Thanks
    /afk
    ^¿^
    Zhakkari 219/16 Doc...not fun to play
    Cyappu Retired 201/7 Fix

As Aginor said, The Joker's Glyph is an item that drops from Eradicus. He can be found as @ lvl 185 in a static dungeon underwater in adonis, or @ lvl 200 in a static dungeon at the 172 incarnator in adonis.

The Joker's Glyph is used to convert Basic Jobe armor to Advanced Jobe armor in order to up grade a piece to tier2. You only need it for pieces that have no tier 1 armor in that slot.
    Aratink 220/30 Fixer
    Proud General of Dark Front
    Clanslator
    Quote Originally Posted by Kijomimi
    See? It all starts with you doing something stupid. Maybe if you were not so stupid, you would have less problems.

Hi there, Ioma. I wanted to leave it vague as I didn't want anyone to feel like I was playing the game for them. They're just guidelines on things that most ppl would probably like to accomplish. So just as a warning for people who don't like things spelled out for them I'll put a spoiler warning.

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R

I'll parse each sentence and break it down for you.

I was raising my basic abilities in early TL5 and had maxxed them out. Agility came last in the mid 170s and then I never raised a basic ability again until my first shadow level. Ditto for SMG, Burst, evades, etc. Since I was getting more IP at that lvl I had a lot more free IP to spend.

The Ace Camps are in Eastern Foul Plains. The same place where the Mercs spawn. You kill the Aces for Ebony Figurines. Ours increases SMG and Ranged Init. This item is linked earlier in the guide.

I hope you know what the 1k token board is.

The Adonis Garden quest is for the key, details can be found in the Shadowlands Library, which is also linked in the guide.

The golems I am referring to drop Spirit Tech Appartus's in the appropriate QL range to make a Superior Perennium Beamer. Download the Shadowlands Spheremap to find their locations in Adonis.

Specialization 3 allows you to use Shadowweb Spinner MKV and probably a SL run buff. They're dropped by Named Sided Mobs in Adonis. I hear the books drop in missions too, but I got mine the old way.

The guide refers you to AO Pocket which will show you what pocket boss drops which symbiant you wish to obtain. Basically if you want a certain symbiant, you see what Pocket boss drops that symbiant. Then you see which mobs drop the pattern for that pocket boss. Then you kill, or farm, those mobs till you have the Aban, Bhotaar, Chi, and Dom pieces, put them together, crystalize, and novicatilize it. Bring some friends, spawn it, and pray to god the symbiant drops. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Eradicus is the dungeon boss for Adonis dungeons. In addition to dropping the lvl 2 gems for Arul Saba bracers, he drops the Joker's glyph which is used to upgrade Jobe Suit pieces that dont have a Tier 1 counterpart (for fixers: head, backpiece, and shoulderpads) into a piece that can be upgraded to Tier 2. Specifically the shoulderpads in Tier3 form add Multiranged. So the Joker's Glyph is really a part that gets you on your way to some Tier2 and Tier3 parts.

The Peristaltic Aversion in the Adonis Abyss can drop the item containing the Syndicate Shades. Drop rate is absurdly low. Locations can be found on Spheremap.

The Pen progression ring is the ring obtained from Adonis Ergo. I think it is lvl 160, rereading what I had written. Fixers with their run buffs and hots can probably do it at 160 better than anyone else. If you do the Adonis Sanctuary quest there is a Sanc Exit close by. It's not so bad if you have only the Garden key though. Spheremap can show you the way, but Adonis Ergo is underwater.

Once in Pen, (dont forget to buy Adventuring Expertise before you talk to Ergo), regular mobs drop Fragments of the Source that are necessary to do the Penumbra Garden quest. You need 35 fragments and they drop occasionally, so expect to obtain a level farming them.

The Tier2 parts have a better drop rate in Pen than in Adonis. By the time you're in Pen, you should know the drill on the parts. If not, read up at the Shadowlands Library.

The Pen Sanc quest is mildly difficult. The last three mobs can give relatively significan amounts of faction. Killing the 2nd to last mob may result in you obtaining their Pants. They dropped the first time I killed the mob (Alyssa in my case), so I do not know the droprate.

Scorchid is the dungeon boss mob in Scheol who has the Arbiter Gems. Eradicus is Adonis who has the 2nd gem. R*****? is the guy in Penumbra, he drops the lvl 3 gem. Arachnis has Inferno and drops the lvl 4 gem as well as the Inferno progression ring. Lvl 185 is when you can use a 3 gem Arul Saba and Lvl 202 is the 4 gem.

Adonis hecklers used to be the way to lvl up to 200 and change. I hear that Pen missions are better and you dont have to do Gala/Mordeth raids for faction. If you want the Inferno Sanctuary key though, prepare to organize a raid. That's the only bad thing about the missions, it's harder to get that Inf Sanc Key.

I'm trying to remember when I got my Chosen armor, mid to late TL6. It's easier than Tier2, you just need a Blue Glyph of Ocra, a Tier2 piece of armor, an FRN, an Insignia for your side (Chosen or Faithful), and the Glyph of the Arcana for the BackArmor (thanks Drac, hugs to a great Pres).

That's pretty detaily, I think. If I've left anything out, please let me know.

Agi
    Last edited by AginorGotD; Jul 26th, 2005 at 02:58:42.
    Aginorgotd's Updated Fixer Guide - If you have a Fixer question, the answer is probably here
    As mentioned in Sorhan's journal
    Atlantean Omni Unredeemed Kingpin Fixer, Unit Leader of Majestic Twelve
    Aginorgotd, auno.org - Equipment and Perks, auno.org
    Aginorgotd, from anarchy-online.com - Total Equipment and Perks Report, from aomainframe.info
    Too many alts to list

(Chosen or Faithful, the one that gives you the red name).
    Glyph of Arcana is the one that gives u the red name. You'll need that if you want to make the back item for chosen armor, which you probally won't since the webspinner is way better. bump for a great guide
    Draconiux - Tradeskill Engi (Pvp Gimp) tl7
    Vicath - First 220 Keep in org, and the gimpiest
    Weisiupo - FP Agent tl7
    Elli3 - Uber Doc tl7
    Angeliux - Little Tank tl7

General of The Majestic Twelve

Thanks for the informations.
    much appreciated. Keep up the good work
    /afk
    ^¿^
    Zhakkari 219/16 Doc...not fun to play
    Cyappu Retired 201/7 Fix

Drac, honey, why are you trolling the fixer boards?

Agi
    Aginorgotd's Updated Fixer Guide - If you have a Fixer question, the answer is probably here
    Aginorgotd, from anarchy-online.com - Total Equipment and Perks Report, from aomainframe.info
    Too many alts to list

:)

Bump for good reading, and nice to see someone giving a hand to new players

all in all a GREAT thread..........bummmp
    "If we're not supposed to eat animals.., why are they made of meat?"

It's easier than Tier2, you just need a Blue Glyph of Ocra, a Tier2 piece of armor, an FRN, an Insignia for your side (Chosen or Faithful), and the Glyph of the Arcana for the BackArmor (thanks Drac, hugs to a great Pres).

That's pretty detaily, I think. If I've left anything out, please let me know.
    Hmm, blue glyph costs ~37M, FRN ~12M. insignia is camped, drop rate isn't fantastic.
    so it's ~49M per part + some camping time.
    not that easy, at least for me
    vega2 RK2 fixer 213/13
    Unit Member of Genesis

Quote Originally Posted by Vega2
    Hmm, blue glyph costs ~37M, FRN ~12M. insignia is camped, drop rate isn't fantastic.
    so it's ~49M per part + some camping time.
    not that easy, at least for me
    poor rk2 . 10m ocra + 15m frn of rk1 .)

First of all thanks Shefixxie.

Sorry, Vega, but it is easier to do chosen for me than tier2. And the prices are also lower too I guess.

I keep referring people to the Dimension FAQ. One day the drama queens of RK2 can come to the happy, fun (and it seems to be all of a sudden CHEAPER) RK1 dimension.

I'd love to meet all you RK2 fixers one day.

Agi

Dimensions

Anarchy Online is a science fiction-based persistent online role-playing game developed and published by Funcom.

Will I be able to move characters between dimensions?

Yes, we will allow players the opportunity to transfer characters from one dimension to another at a later date. There are no plans to allow players to transfer from the test dimension to either Rubi-1 or Rubi-2 and vice versa.
    Too many alts to list

Bump.

Added some notes for TL7 Fixers. Any of the higher TL7 fixers that can offer some guidance and pointers for the rest of us please reply and I'll add it and attribute it to you.

I've picked up my fixer again after a stint with the 149 MA. God I've missed him.

Agi
    Too many alts to list

Yep, you right the prices for blue glyphs are lower than i thought.
    vega2 RK2 fixer 213/13
    Unit Member of Genesis

Bump. Added some more notes for TL7. If any of you fixers deeper into the SK grind or done with the SK grind can think of any advice for newly minted TL7 fixers, please leave comments here and I will add and attribute.

Agi
    Too many alts to list

Quote Originally Posted by AginorGotD
    Specialization 3 allows you to use Shadowweb Spinner MKV and probably a SL run buff. They're dropped by Named Sided Mobs in Adonis. I hear the books drop in missions too, but I got mine the old way.
    Yeah, the SL missions are a good source for Spec 1-4 books, especially if you're soloing. (ie doesn't want to find a team.) Maybe I did more then my fair share of SL missions from lvl 172-185 but it did earn me about ten levels on my own, all four spec3 books plus three spec4 books and some nifty armor pieces (for a soloer). I also earned decent cash from selling chest loot and got me above 30k in faction(twice).
    May your RD always kick in between death and reclaim.
    Honest Businessmen and women: The Mockers
    I eat Grid Armor nanos. *BURP* Hungry again!
    Power Users run Anarchy Online from Linux.

1. You can use only 1 bigburger for the burst bonus, as you cant hotswap the extra chapman to the gun your trying to get in mainhand. Or something was bugging at the moment for me.

2. Resetting genious is a nice option, if you have picked it on the way, but personally, I didnt pick it up, and havent really missed it. Only places I've needed it was when I was buffing up myself and the rest of the team. Never ran out of nano so far. Ambidextrous is a good perkline, but you might want to try finding an alternative for it, unless your really in the twinking mood, or missing the few points from multiranged.

3. Between nanocombat and light artillery, its a tricky one. I had a long discussion with Slock about it once. Having nanocombat gives you different kind of perk abilites, and gives you the option to cast a higher SWS / snare / runbuff / HoT earlier, but on the other hand light artillery gives you good perk abilities too, and allows you to equip higher KMP's earlier. Also, if you use onehander as your pvp AS gun, it gives you a decent amount of shotgun too, meaning you need to invest only a little to the dark blue skill of shotgun, freeing up IP's to elsewhere.

Or was it with combined scouts / combined sharp ?_? Cant remember, sorry Slock if I remember wrong
    Killer 66% Achiever 46% Socializer 46% Explorer 40%

Thanks, Takalon!

1. In regards to the Bigburger, I am very certain that when I tried to hotswap for the KMP - Type 5 in my main hand the game allowed me to put the Type 5 in my main hand and the other Bigburger was in my offhand.

2. Multiranged is my single most limiting attribute for my offhand gun. So much so that I had my org switch out our highest QL org contract to Multiranged. I'd buy some Supple Armor and get it over with, but the prices just keep dropping...and I keep camping.

3. I've fully switched to Light Artillery from Nanocombat and love it. The only nanos I cannot self are the last SL run buff and my SWS. Sure it is sometimes annoying finding that MP, but the extra SMG is definitely worth it.

Agi
    Too many alts to list

I know that it didnt allow for me to hotswap 'em ;p

Regarding the offhand-gun, I wouldnt suggest on trying to get ql200+ on there unless you get a jump with 20-30ql's atleast from 190-200. The MR req jump is rather steep, but it helps a bit over time when you invest more to MR and free up Ambidext.

SWS is always a tricky one to cast ;P

But personally, I took light artillery over nanocombat too, which, imo, is better choice atm for me atleast, until I get some funny idea which I need to try out
    Killer 66% Achiever 46% Socializer 46% Explorer 40%

nano combat is really nice. but after i placed 250 MM/BM tower i decided to go for light artillery. with AI city bonuses/org bonuses/tower bonuses + some nano skills buffing items, it's possible to cast the SWS without too much trouble. if there are oms trouble, it's always possoble to get small wrangler or CI.
    vega2 RK2 fixer 213/13
    Unit Member of Genesis

Takalon,

I just tried the Bigburger's again to switch to my Onehander and I was able to do it again.

Just to make sure we're talking about the same thing. I have both Bigburger's in my hand, grab a Riot Control and wrangle, then put my Type 5 in my Right hand, hotswapping it for the Bigburger in my right hand.

At that point I take the unmodified KMP and hotswap it for the Bigburger in my left hand, resulting in a KMP in each hand.

Are we talking about the same thing?

Agi
    Too many alts to list

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast