Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Updated Fixer Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Aratink
    You can only shoot at a rock for so long before you go nuts.
    I fully agree with that, and I still got 15 levels togo when I get back to the game Oo
    Freqflyerdnt (Fix) - Codney (MP) - Fiddlybit (Crat) - Breaker117 (Enfo) - Spasticdent (NT) - Fiveof9 (Keeper) - Maleshai (Advy) - Tacitblue (Shade)

Squad Commander of Ab aeterno animus liberi

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy
    clearly, it's all because arbalest is clan-only. all the omnis pvpers went clan for arbalest and all the omni pvmers went clan for the 35% xp buff so now the ratio of clan to omni is 9:1 herp derp clan favouritism herp derp devs are clan.

Quote Originally Posted by AginorGotD
    Since I just replied I won't have the stigma of bumping a thread I started needlessley (which I dislike intensely). I would just like to take this opportunity to apologize to everyone for all the clanspeaky bad grammar in the guide.

When I first wrote it and split it into parts it fit into the 15000 char limit just nicely.

Successive editing has forced me to truncate a lot of words to save space while making some sense even if it is in clanspeak.

So if you see the following please translate it as such.

2 = to
    u = you
    ur = your

and so on and so forth.

Agi
    LOL, OK...even if most of me are Clan, I got a good laugh out of that one. Ironically enough, most of the grammar police I've met in game have also been on the Clan side, and from non English speaking countries.

but I digress....

Before I rolled a fixer and found this guide, I thought Engelen's MA guide was one of the best written profession guides for AO. Only reason I bring this up is that it looks like he or she ran into the same problem, and solved it by makng a new thread, then linking it at the bottom of the page....i.e. link to page 2 on page 1, page 3 at the bottom of page 2, etc. Since you're already linking other relevant guides regardless of who wrote them (kudos for that) this might be worth looking into.

Awesome guide BTW
    Last edited by DreamSnake; Mar 11th, 2006 at 02:45:53.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamSnake
    Before I rolled a fixer and found this guide, I thought Engelen's MA guide was one of the best written profession guides for AO...

Awesome guide BTW
    Thank you very much.

Yes, I had considered using Engelen's solution. But I'm the kind of person who wants things just so. And this is one of those things.

I was reading your post and was trying to parse the above sentence. Now that you've found this guide, does this mean you no longer think Engelen's guide is one of the best written profession guides for AO? I'll tell her it sucks and she should rewrite it.

Agi
    Aginorgotd's Updated Fixer Guide - If you have a Fixer question, the answer is probably here
    As mentioned in Sorhan's journal
    Atlantean Omni Unredeemed Kingpin Fixer, Unit Leader of Majestic Twelve
    Aginorgotd, auno.org - Equipment and Perks, auno.org
    Aginorgotd, from anarchy-online.com - Total Equipment and Perks Report, from aomainframe.info
    Too many alts to list

I was reading your post and was trying to parse the above sentence. Now that you've found this guide, does this mean you no longer think Engelen's guide is one of the best written profession guides for AO? I'll tell her it sucks and she should rewrite it.

Agi
    Mwuaaahahahaaa! You are teh eeebil!

Actually, her guide was the most helpful back when I was a newbie and I still refer to it whenever I play my MA which isn't that often. My main is a trader with a serious token habit, so that may give you some idea of my playstyle. Only time will tell if I've just been a closet fixer all along

Thank you very much.

Yes, I had considered using Engelen's solution. But I'm the kind of person who wants things just so. And this is one of those things.

Agi

Or you could start a new thread, make a few posts real fast so you have them reserved for later. Then ill link it back up in the faq sticky and keep this one there as well as a historical discussion.

totally up to you though
    Queen of the Ninjas

Slyyk - MUHAHAHA! Old Fixers never die, they just take a different grid exit.

Cosmik - And don't worry, Jorji. We've got FC love for everyone. It's stockpiled and going out the door.

Jorji's art page (some mature content )

zomg she finally got myspace lawls

I already used my real fast posts for *this* thread.

I just dont want to lose the post count.

I'm going to pass the Master Blitz List one day.

Agi
    Aginorgotd's Updated Fixer Guide - If you have a Fixer question, the answer is probably here
    Aginorgotd, from anarchy-online.com - Total Equipment and Perks Report, from aomainframe.info
    Too many alts to list

little detail i noticed today while reading through the guide + the posts that followed..

Vega2's suggestion concerning alternative implants, specifically, agent head imp.

You say, or at least back then, said, that psychic is, more or less, a null value attribute for fixers, if so, then the agent head imp is not an option, the attribute needed to fit it is Psychic.

perhaps i missed something?

Superb guide though, only just started my first ever fixer yesterday, been reading your guide as if it were a holy book

I've been meaning to put this link into the guide.

All the premade implants

An alternate would be the trader head with PM RI Sense.

You could use the other fixer implants to twink psychic, but I was one of the fixer who raised Psychic all throughout, so I never had a problem.

Agi
    Too many alts to list

Funny you should mention trader imp, that's what i went with when i realised i had nowhere near enough psy for the agent imp.

btw, the posted link seems to be not working, that or the page it leads to is not compatible with Mozilla Firefox, oh, and your " Total Equipment and Perks Report" link get's me an 404 not found error.

still great work with the guide, definitly the best, period.

Quote Originally Posted by Nal
    btw, the posted link seems to be not working, that or the page it leads to is not compatible with Mozilla Firefox, oh, and your " Total Equipment and Perks Report" link get's me an 404 not found error.
    It is because AO Mainframe changed their adress.... auno FTW.

Ok Nal,

I've updated the guide with that trader imp and a few other edits to the guide. And that link usually works, it's not working for me either. I'll check out the other premade sites later.

I really should have made a document control place so I can keep track. This guide looks nothing like the first version, well it does kind of, but it's more...comprehensive now.

I've also linked my Total Equipment and Perks Report from aomainframe.info. I've been very lazy updating that, really because there are so few updates. The auno.org reflects my SKing setup. The aomainframe.info is the one I would be using if I weren't SKing.

Agi
    Too many alts to list

Ding 100 and still no screwups with skills etc, thank god i have your guide
    "The chill of a thousand words unspoken, fell upon her shoulders, like a heavy mist, Crystalized by the freezing depth of the beyond"

i need a little help. im 208, soon to be 209. im trying to get the 300 typed MP in asap. im using 250+ imps w/ burst in r arm. 147 wrangle and most of the items you have listed here. i have access to a full suit of combined i can borrow but about 200some poiints short in str. ive got 3 other pieces of sharp /supple im borrowing. w/ the 3 pieces, fully buffed and imps in, im looking at around 1870smg when i ding 209. am i missing something here? i know its very possible to get it on at 210(i know soli soldier then got dual 300's in at 211) but i see such a stretch in between now and then. any ideas?

Do alien raids hard and you might meet up with
    http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=252987&ql=200
    ... lower of higher, pretty nasty one to twink on but really helps in those missing points of multi ranged, burst and stuff.

It's also good to remember hud item such as Small Ebony Figurine for SMG. But anyway, with all those sense- and agility twinks and Supple/Sharp it should be no problem at all to equip those mpistols.

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=123883 for bursts...
    http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=123818 dualing when pitching the last points of multi ranged.

As far as I know, at that level the multi ranged is the only real problem.
    Taranide 220/30 fixer RK2 and now also RK1! Wait a second...
    Might have other characters too but I'm not so sure, always leave them camping something and there they are for few months.

Taranide,

I tried the Geyser but I wasn't able to use it to dual my offhand QL300 MP, so I went full Ambidextrous to get the offhand gun in.

MrClark,

Are you full SMG Mastery and Champion of Light Artillery? What's your Right Hand, Right Wrist, and Chest Symbiant/Implant?

I got my QL300 KMPs in at 209. The main gun was not too much of a problem. It was the MR for the offhand that was the problem.

More information would be a help.

Agi
    Too many alts to list

full smg mastery, full CoLA.

ql 253 chest imp for 50 smg
    ql258 r wrist for 76burst and 51 fling ( fling doesnt matter though)
    ql 250 r arm for 123 burst
    ql 250 r hand 74 smg 49 burst

i got an ebony figurine, heavy ranged weap guide, syndicate shades, and of course carlos pants. that actually dosent matter cause the sharpshooters that im borrowing are 263 sleeve, 276 legs, and 278 supple boots.

i should hit 209 today so ill do all the math and figure out my exact stats w/ imps in, 147 wrangle, rc, all that good stuff. ill edit this post later today

Maybe you got em.. but incase you dont, get a pair of Chosen Fixer Shoulderpads.

+30 MR.

Thorbius (Opifex/Fixer) Equip
    Haldur (Solitus/Soldier)
    Havagrim (Solitus/Adventurer)
    Eldheimner (Atrox/Enforcer)

Proud member of Obsidian Order

Blog

first off, im only ai 12. so reperking to get on the combined noted below costs me 28 smg from CoLA 10.

ok im really missing something here. lvl 210 now using those 4 implants, but smg in r arm instead of burst. r arm is +126 smg ql257. ive got the two pieces of combined sharp, sleeve and pants(+28 and +26 to smg and burst) and supple boots for +28. w/ a 140 wrangle, ill have enough smg. now im 40ish shy in burst(forgot to subtract the burst from my r hand symb). ive got rc included.

buffed, smg comes to 2036 i think w/ a 153 wrangle. burst is 1463. what i dont have is my +10 ring, or t3 chest. other odd ball items im wearing: synd shades, pearl of vanyas left brain, smooth gold alloy ring(+3 to smg and burst), heavy ranged weapons guide, and ebony figurine, ql 220 t2 chest(hopefully t3 by tomorrow).

MR shouldnt be a problem once i get the first pistol on.

if i went the other route and put burst in the right arm i would have 1910 smg and 1586 burst.

aside from another ai lvl, which(+28 smg)looks like throwin deck chairs off the titanic, what am i missing here?

T2/3 Fixer Chest adds burst. You can also hotswap a Bigburger. That should put you very close.
    Aratink 220/30 Fixer
    Proud General of Dark Front
    Clanslator
    Quote Originally Posted by Kijomimi
    See? It all starts with you doing something stupid. Maybe if you were not so stupid, you would have less problems.

bigburger did it, i almost killed my friend on accident testing em out in pvp. ql 300 and 294. MR wasnt a problem, burst was. once i got the 300 typed in, was just a matter of getting a 233 faded MR eye and a bright wrist to finish the job on the off hand(simple blitz). thanks for the ideas.

another DD fixer, Clark

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast