Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: 15.9.3 and ATI cards - possible work arounds

Ok I finally succumed to the 4.12 drivers and now the crashes have gone, but I've been getting a weird bug whereby facing certain directions in certain areas makes the whole GUI disappear - the wings, team box, map, inventory, shortcut bar, stats - everything. I still seem able to use the shortcut bar but it's hard to test anything else.

This has only happened in Inferno (very frequently) and the 100% room just before the 25% area in Camelot castle. Any ideas? Oh, and the first person to suggest upgrading the drivers will get slapped.
    Ramillis 210/15 Doctor General of The Red Brotherhood [Equipment/Perks]
    Onaelmel 190/7 NT {retired}
    Quote Originally Posted by Etaks
    {Nerfed by Satenia ... sorry but I have been waiting for this day for to long }

Maybe a z-buffer thing. Do you have something like radlinker installed?
    -- Chilled, Co-Leader --
    South of Heaven :: RK2

No exp perks trained, Under Protest!

official statement would really be nice, no matter what would it say
    "Many philosophical problems are caused by such things as the simple inability to shut up."
    I am Luciesa - Octowuss - Ssupotco

still addicted since 2001-07-03 11:55:38

Tested Catalyst 5.7 today with my X850 XT under Win Prof 64 Bit and no crashes
    Cu
    Traxxx

Traxxx lvl 200 MP Nanomage DNW
    Realgimp First lvl 220 MP Trox DNW,
    Pimglaer MP Trox DNW,
    And a lot other MPs spreaded over
    RK1/2/DNW and test ^^

current equip of Realgimp
    working towards this equip

btw. how are 64 compared to normal windoze?
    "Many philosophical problems are caused by such things as the simple inability to shut up."
    I am Luciesa - Octowuss - Ssupotco

still addicted since 2001-07-03 11:55:38

Quote Originally Posted by Traxxx
    Tested Catalyst 5.7 today with my X850 XT under Win Prof 64 Bit and no crashes
    heh.. this is really strange.. How come it works for you and not for me? Alright, we dont have exactly the same graphics card, but it should be the same anyway based on other statements from a wide range of different ATI cards...

I saw you answered this earlier, but are you absolutley shure you are running in T&L mode? Because on my puter it doesnt remember my last setting from time to time. Each time i start up the login-client it automatically sets it to T&L, wich is doomed to cause a crash. I have to go in manually everytime and set it to HAL to be able to play. Could you be experiencing something similar just that HAL is default for you?

Edit:
    BTW, i can play quite alright in HAL. No crashes whatsoever, but my framerate gets a serious blow compared to what it should have been. And player-cities drops me as low as 3-4 fps, making it near unbearable to travel on RK if i dont keep the camera aiming straight down on the ground.
    Last edited by andvord; Jul 26th, 2005 at 15:35:51.
    Andvord, 220 Adv (retired)
    Knekt, 220/30/70 Keep (retired)
    Haavarst, 220/23 Crat
    Delifix 217 Fix
    Delivio 215 Shade
    Dilek 174 Doc
    Delisol 165 Sol
    Clown 126 Trader TL4 twink project
    Hannibal 22 Enf

To add to the confusion...

I have an Nvidia based board 6800 ultra from aopen. PIV 2.8 Mhz 2x512Mb Corsair Asus P4C800 Mobo, XP pro, 1280x1024*32 graphics settings all maxed
    I keep crashing to desktop. Most of the time it is when zoning. Whompa's seem to do more harm then grid. I have two characters who consistantly crash when running on jobe bridge.

Dunno my driver version since I'm at work, but I had to try a lot of versions to get it to work at al!

Yes from what I've been reading here and hearing from people ingame, it's not just people with ATI cards which are crashing - they do however appear to be in the majority.

Well, it's been more than a month and a half since the bug could be reproduced 100%, and still no word. I'm starting to lose respect for the devs here.

Ok, I'm getting worried. I'm still using the 4.12 drivers and I've just started crashing again. Hoping that it's just the odd couple...

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789