Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The best solo profession.

Post The best solo profession.

Greetings.

Does anyone know what profession can solo the best at a high level (200+)
    at places like pandemonium ? I heared it was an advie that could.

And i was also wondering what team of 2 players at a high lvl could be the most effective. I was thinking about doc + shade.

Please let me know what you think and why.

- Siobhann.

Best solo capabilities: Doctor, Adv, Keeper (roughly in that order)
    Former NT Professional and post count farmer.

Goodbye everyone, it has been a blast.

Personally, i would say that adv then doctor are the best soloers. Doctors solo great with CH but do not do much dmg until high levels when they can spend ip to equip good weaps to aid the dots. Advs, on the other hand have insane defenses (cat insta-heal, normal heal, biococoon line, acrobat line, good evades, lots of evade buffing) and can deal out the damage rather well.

Those are the two *relatively* easy soloers in my opinion. Personally, i believe MPs to be one of the best solo classes assuming you are *very* good with your pet control and your knowledge of game mechanics. I know many a mp (including myself on previous toons) that could solo things no other class at that level would even think of trying.

Just my 2 cents... oh, and postcount++;

Hardly anyone solos in Pande anymore, most common soloing is dynas in Inferno.

At 200+ I would rate Docs, advs, MAs and shades as best soloers. In the order from being able to solo the toughest mobs but slower (docs) to kill easier mobs really fast (shades).
    Pompidou, Vanguard - Setup
    Zitrone, Deity (?) - PvP PvM

AO PvP Guide for beginners (by Silentslash)
    Waiting for LostEden... if it ever comes out!

At the highest levels, doc is the ultimate solo profession; we can kill just about anything.
    ACCOUNT STATUS
    Cancelled

WoW ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by Tchaalina
    At the highest levels, doc is the ultimate solo profession; we can kill just about anything.
    Just look at the threads in Profession forums:

"Omfg! I got so bored after hitting on LOTV for 50mins I let him kill me when he was at 25% hp. Please fix insane hp to avoid boredom"

Chak - Back in the fold, completely clueless.

Rahmorak - I saw the events of 9/11 (or 11/9 for the rest of us ) unfold whilst playing AO, an experience shared across countries and nationalities. It was a moment where we saw the best (people all overthe world coming together in shock, grief and support) and the worst (e.g. cries of 'lets nuke <insert country>'), but it was a moment that would not have been possible but for the world of the internet and MMOs.
    In this medium we transcend boundaries, in here it matters not what the colour of your skin is, the religion to which you do or don't belong, whether you are 15 or 50, and whether or not you have a crippling disability. It is a nation of its own, where everyone starts out on equal terms and can forge friendships without superficial, cultural and nationlistic barriers.

The problem a doc has soloing is that he can survive, he can tank - but anyone who finds a doc soloing can probably let him tank, and od the poor doc. Soloability needs a prof that can survive easily, and dish out enough damage that he's hard to OD.
    Slimsobe retired 220 opifex trader General of New Movement
    Oneeyedjim 175 nanomage crat

"You will never understand bureaucracies until you understand that for bureaucrats procedure is everything and outcomes are nothing."

Uhm.....

In that case i think the best profesion for soloing mobs is Shade i mean he kills fast enaught for not be " Realy " necesary for it to use heals + he drains hp .... however if the shade is guimpy and dosen't kill fast enaught he is Toasted. Best regardes frome " Deadlykis " frome rk1.

Quote Originally Posted by sorin18
    In that case i think the best profesion for soloing mobs is Shade i mean he kills fast enaught for not be " Realy " necesary for it to use heals + he drains hp .... however if the shade is guimpy and dosen't kill fast enaught he is Toasted. Best regardes frome " Deadlykis " frome rk1.
    If we use your reasoning the best solo prof is the Advy.

They can dish out large amounts of damage, at the same time heal almost as well as a Doc and have additional skills which makes up for some of the shortcomings (ex. Bio cocoon to back up almost good enough heals).
    Chak - Back in the fold, completely clueless.

Rahmorak - I saw the events of 9/11 (or 11/9 for the rest of us ) unfold whilst playing AO, an experience shared across countries and nationalities. It was a moment where we saw the best (people all overthe world coming together in shock, grief and support) and the worst (e.g. cries of 'lets nuke <insert country>'), but it was a moment that would not have been possible but for the world of the internet and MMOs.
    In this medium we transcend boundaries, in here it matters not what the colour of your skin is, the religion to which you do or don't belong, whether you are 15 or 50, and whether or not you have a crippling disability. It is a nation of its own, where everyone starts out on equal terms and can forge friendships without superficial, cultural and nationlistic barriers.

You can increase your dmg output a lot with the starfall perkline, it cut your solo time a lot. 2 bad its useless in pvp.
    Nardil - Doc 220/19 Equip
    Lepida - Adv 220/16
    Astrobug - Fix 140/13

The best solo profession is with out a dought a 10 foot tall Atrox GM!!

I concur with KaPlonk's statement and would have to add keepers as a real good solo class especially when dishing out the dmg.
    Miceckia-220/30 Keeper
    Tekdeath-1-199/22 Martial artist

Originally Posted by Snowbunnie
    Roleplaying is what you do when the sex in your marriage isnt going too good.

The Ninj00 Theorem: The one thing you have to know about high level raidbots , point systems , and camping is this; We'll never know I guess because timelapse nerfed my sig

signature over 10 lines [again], shortened by timelapse ;p

havent u guys heard about the nt conspiracy?

Quote Originally Posted by schmorgi
    I concur with KaPlonk's statement and would have to add keepers as a real good solo class especially when dishing out the dmg.

I will agree 100%, on dmg and healing, I have seen a 220 keeper solo tara, was very impressed.
    none the less I haven't seen any others do it so I'm not say they can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Dworkin
    havent u guys heard about the nt conspiracy?

Shhhh don't tell them that or else NTs wont help keepers anymore!
    Miceckia-220/30 Keeper
    Tekdeath-1-199/22 Martial artist

Originally Posted by Snowbunnie
    Roleplaying is what you do when the sex in your marriage isnt going too good.

The Ninj00 Theorem: The one thing you have to know about high level raidbots , point systems , and camping is this; We'll never know I guess because timelapse nerfed my sig

signature over 10 lines [again], shortened by timelapse ;p

A Keeper in my guild solo'd Anansi's Right Hand out of boredom the other day (after I dared him ). I'm not sure how many other professions can actually do that other than Doctors. Perhaps Adventurers, maybe Crats if they play smart.

That topic has been widely discussed in the keeper forums. The threads have been removed (all but one) for safety reasons. The simple fact is that keepers are totally incapable of soloing. HOWEVER, behind every successful Keeper is an NT with a sly smile. Tales of soloing inferno dragons in the early 210s are plotted to prevent further nerfage.
    Moridin(Equip) Keeper Keeso Shade - Member of Haven
    Killer: 60% Explorer: 60% Socializer: 53% Achiever: 26%
    Your type is: KES. 1% of respondents so far fall into that type.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheffy
    A Keeper in my guild solo'd Anansi's Right Hand out of boredom the other day (after I dared him ). I'm not sure how many other professions can actually do that other than Doctors. Perhaps Adventurers, maybe Crats if they play smart.
    If a Keeper can then i'm sure an Advy can too, i'd imagine more easily. Of course doing it is the proof, so when I tear myself away from summer rl I'll have a go
    Plexor 220/23 Adventurer
    The Red Brotherhood

Account Created
    2001-06-29 19:30:30

At 210+ doctors, keepers, shades, and advent's kick ass and take names.

but i think the best overall solo profession would have to be advent... for the following reasons
    -perk lines are extensive and very powerful, not only making a good solo'er but also allowing a lot of different styles of gameplay
    -heals are insane, almost as good as a doctors
    -base health points are slightly above average, but the real kicker is the number of badass +HP items adventurers have at their disposal
    -skill points can be played with a good amount, once again allowing a lot of different styles of gameplay and customization for specific bosses/situations
    -defensive skills are practically second to none, giving you high evades, insta heal capabilities, polymorphs, dmg shields, AC buffs, damage absorb shields... (the list goes on and on)
    -an adventurer with a good setup, level 1-220, damage output has the potential to be very high(especially at high levels). this is primarily because of +dmg buffs, an extensive collection of +dmg items, and an above average arsenal of adventurer only weapons
    a. ranged setups are harder to pull off, and a bit weaker at lower levels, but at 210+ a ranged adventurer with excellent knowledge of game and profession mechanics can do ridiculous amounts of damage
    b. melee setups can also be devastating, at almost any level. they are also (for the most part) cheaper and easier.
    -adventurers tend to be inexpensive and relatively quick leveling
    -very high runspeed + good evades + bio cocoon + root/snare resist perks and buffs can allow you to get away quickly from almost all sticky situations (with a very high success rate). this can mean you lose less XP/SK and generally keeps you in a better mood

PLUS, when you arent buisy soloing, an adventurer can direct his focus on a single job, making teams very accesible. (IE playing as a healer, damage dealer, or tank)

the thing to remember with adventurers is that they are "the jack of all trades", but, because of such extensive perk lines, buffs, weapony, and armor choices; you can adapt to almost any situation and come out victorious.
    for instance:
    -soloing a boss mob with high HP and low dmg output, you can setup before the fight for high dmg output and aggresive tactics, focusing less on healing and defense.
    -soloing a boss mob with high damage output and low HP, you can setup before the fight for high defense and healing tactics, focusing less on damage output and aggresiveness
    -soloing a boss mob with high damage output and high HP, you can setup before the fight to handle everything in equal amounts(you can also put on a fresh pair of underwear and hope for the best )

Doctor without a doubt in my mind, though adventure, keeper, and MA come close, at late game solo-ing it all comes down to outlasting rather then killing.
    Alexander "Talan" Calnid
    Currently AFK, will see you all in a few months
    Advisor of Shattered Dreams ~ My Equipment ~ Bio ~ My AO-Journal
    Alts of Note: "Malta" Desan ~ Equip || Jiro "Stone" Yamato ~ Equip || Jane "Lustywench" Scarlet ~ Equip || Scape ~ Equip

Tsukts: Yeah... You were the naked perv in bor. lol
    Talan: yep that was me
    Tsukts: I still have nightmares about you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast