Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: High Level Kills

High Level Kills

I was wondering, what kind of a team would be the minimum for killing several of the larger mobs in the game. If someone who is at higher levels could post back in terms of size of raid party, min level of main tank and number of docs needed, that'd be awesome.

The mobs I want to know about are:

Ian Warr
    Smug/Eel
    The Zodiacs (to what degree do the zodiacs vary in strength?)
    Lord of the Void
    Ljotur and the Polymorphed Lunatic
    Gelid the Inobak
    Hezak The Immortal
    Mantis Queen
    Diamondine Soldier

Thanks in advance! =)

i know for sure the mantis queen is soloable by a ga4 fixer and ive heard of ljotour being done as well, although thats more time than i wish to spend on something like that.ive pretty much heard of everything except for the zodiacs to be soloable by a doc.

Quote Originally Posted by RedKross
    Lord of the Void
    Done it with a team of 4. 211 soldier (me, tanking), 214 keeper, 209 enforcer, 219 doctor. We did 5 kills in a row, only died on the 3rd kill due to us getting cocky.

Done it with a team of 5. 212 soldier (me), 178 doctor, 214 fixer, 219 crat, 203 advie. Was a walk in the park, we were doing emotes half the fight, so well under that.

Gelid the Inobak
    Done it with just 2, myself and a 216 agent.

Mantis Queen
    Solo'ed at 198.

Ian Warr
    Seen him done with a single team of TL7, can't remember who or what, only that there we two docs over 215.

Diamondine Soldier
    Team of 4, 208 soldier (me), 186 soldier, 204 doctor, 214 engi.

That's all the ones I've done with personal experince. YMMV as all the people I was with knew their stuff and are very skilled players.
    Alexander "Talan" Calnid
    Currently AFK, will see you all in a few months
    Advisor of Shattered Dreams ~ My Equipment ~ Bio ~ My AO-Journal
    Alts of Note: "Malta" Desan ~ Equip || Jiro "Stone" Yamato ~ Equip || Jane "Lustywench" Scarlet ~ Equip || Scape ~ Equip

Tsukts: Yeah... You were the naked perv in bor. lol
    Talan: yep that was me
    Tsukts: I still have nightmares about you.

I was wondering, what kind of a team would be the minimum for killing several of the larger mobs in the game. If someone who is at higher levels could post back in terms of size of raid party, min level of main tank and number of docs needed, that'd be awesome.

The mobs I want to know about are:

Ian Warr
    Smug/Eel
    The Zodiacs (to what degree do the zodiacs vary in strength?)
    Lord of the Void
    Gelid the Inobak
    Hezak The Immortal
    Mantis Queen
    Diamondine Soldier

Thanks in advance! =)
    Errr, well... :/ I'm not totally sure what you're looking for here....

Smug and Eel can be done with just two people (Doc + tank... I've killed both at once with just two people before).

The Zodiacs used to be soloable by high level Doctors when they could be DoT-pulled. Now you need at least a team of 215+ to kill the adds fast enough. 2 teams would probably be better, but I haven't done Pand raids in a while.

Lord of the Void is soloable by high level Doctors thanks to UBT working on SL mobs (it's possible, but nowhere near a 100% success rate -- Enf + Doc can do this easy tho).

Ljotur is doable with just two people, as is Agent Lamb (Loster and I duo'd both, adds and all).

Inobak the Gelid is soloable by a number of classes, same with Mantis Queen.

Diamondine is also soloable by a bunch of classes, but easily duo-able with a Doc.

I've done Hezak with my Doctor, an MP and one other person (tank). It's probably doable without the MP but very very difficult.. need to have somebody with high damage output for the Fanatic spawns since the Doctor will need to hide behind pilars to avoid nano drains.

Smallest number we've ever had to kill Ian Warr was probably 8, but I'm sure he's easily duo-able with -- again -- one tank and a Doctor.

See the recurring theme?

The Beast, however, is another story. I know a year ago, we killed him with a mere 13 people (only 1 Doctor (me) and 2 Adventurers as 'main healers'). It may be doable with less than that now as long as the people at the raid have excellent coordination with dealing with the adds.

More is always better to reduce kill time.

Ian Warr
    Doc+tank should be enough, The main problem is pulling these days. If you need to kill all 5 at same time inside arena, you need Enf + 2 docs + 3-4 DD very high levels. for lower levels, make that pull.

Smug/Eel
    Soloable for some 220 professions.

The Zodiacs
    The problem is getting there and dealing with adds, not the zods itself. Zodiacs alone are probably soloable for doc (but would take an eternity)

Lord of the Void
    Done it with 215 Adv+218 doc+ 220 MA

Think he's soloable, but tank+doc works. A full Tl6 team should work.

Gelid the Inobak
    Soloable, even with a trader.

Hezak The Immortal
    Bring a MP if you are low level. Doable with 3-4 220s.

Mantis Queen
    Should be soloable. Bring 2-3 if you are level 200.

Diamondine Soldier
    Maybe soloable for level 220 adv+doc. should be no problems for half-decent 205+ people.
    Proud veteran of Tranquility(Atlantean)

Afelia - Opifex trader : PvM armour
    Adv: Armour -Trox Melee Adventurer by heart.

SWG doesn't have leets... there's no competition -Cold
    We will not be able to hit the barn from the inside! - Spluggzter
    Hmmmm, I am still too gimped to live - Baxie

Smug/Eel
    -Solo, I have seen 220 ma done it halfway solo. Took about half an hour. Then I came to help so it wouldn't take so long.

-Both are easily solo. I did them at 217:ish with engineer solo. I bet evaders can do them lot earlier.

Gelid the Inobak
    -Solo. I know keepers that solo it and propably many other professions can as well.

Hezak The Immortal
    -Solo, I know one MP who has soloed Hezak

Mantis Queen
    -Solo and very early too. She is gimp compared to others here.
    "then again, it's also been said by funcom that theye'll try improving pathing again somethime in the 16.x series"
    -Cenelia

"God I hope not. I don't know how many more improvements we can take."
    -Spleenman

Most answers above are correct, but you have to remember that Shadow levels make a big difference. If your raid force is bulit from ppl below lev 200 than many of those mobs require 2-3 teams to hope for sucessfull kill.

Also difference of damage and heal abilities between lev 180 and 200 is relatively small but difference between lev 220 and lev 200 is big.

Side note. No offence but I have heard many times about some 220 soloing Hezak and it always turned out that it was not so solo. Like 1 person was killing Hezak (solo) but 1 or 2 ppl were killing Fanatics (not Hezak) and that person claimed that he solo killed Hezak.
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Plus Hezak chain-pops fans now I really wonder if anyone can solo him since last patch.
    Pompidou, Vanguard - Setup
    Zitrone, Deity (?) - PvP PvM

AO PvP Guide for beginners (by Silentslash)
    Waiting for LostEden... if it ever comes out!

Hmmm, I was more assuming that I could get a group of people together, lets say one team of 6, and wondering about what the lowest level we could be, if I'd need to find a second doc, and what level the main tank would have to be. Not really looking for "can doc solo this or that" because by the time anybody can solo them, their gear is generally past its peak.

I know most of these can be done with less
    mantis queen- solo'd her at 205 as a crat with the 205 bot
    Firey trainee- I used to be able to solo him I havent tried since the psychic check nerf but i probablly still can (and yes i know he isnt on the list but eh puffing my chest out)
    Ljtour- did it with a 220 doc
    Diamondine soldier-200+ enf 200+ doc 200+ crat and your golden
    not sure about the rest because they usually get alot of people out there so never seen a small raid force for them.
    Team riahmant! if looks could kill I'd be a murderer
    a peek into Riahmants life here
    Riah's mega glamorus picture book updared 6/8/06
    Riahmants myspace!
    Riahmant

not to hijack the thread but at what level could a mp solo mantis queen? (nanomage/has sl/AI & assuming i have a few SL levels)

should be piece of cake with sl-lvls
    The Ring is mine! MINE!

Shaella - 220(30) Shade
    Tankmaster - 213(11) Enforcer

Hmmm, I was more assuming that I could get a group of people together, lets say one team of 6, and wondering about what the lowest level we could be, if I'd need to find a second doc, and what level the main tank would have to be. Not really looking for "can doc solo this or that" because by the time anybody can solo them, their gear is generally past its peak.
    That's incredibly difficult to discern.

I've seen teams of 3 lower level people who are intelligent and have great teamwork tackle things that would wipe out a team of 6 people in the same level range.

Gear also plays a major factor in the strength and abilities of a character. You're basically asking us to pick the lowest possible level you can be to take on a raid mob in a team. You're just going to get loads of different speculative answers, especially given how much the game has changed over the years. :/ All people can really contribute to the thread is what they have accomplished, or seen accomplished.

I watched a 200 Soldier solo Mantis Queen before Shadowlands launched so I know its possible at much lower now. It has to be.

like sheffy said ..need more info on your teamate's and your lvl's..

I could solo smugg at 207(have to keep ubt up and have a very good nano delta/add def setup)..got him to 50% still had 90% nano..if he was gonna kill me he would have done it by 90% i consider that a win

ask another person and they swear it takes an army of 12+

it's all about the tactics you learn along the way...I remember fixer's soloing some pretty big guys by kiteing them,same mob would stomp 6 man team's toe to toe....tactic that worked was not getting hit in the first place...and thus kiteing was born>

for most minor raid mobs a 6man team(W/a tank /reflect/mp(nano shutdown )/healers avg lvl 205(some can be higher some lower..high tank and doc would be better) will do fine if the main healer does main tank healing..and support healer's back him up(mp pet on tank adv/ma/keeper aura/)..and most important...the team NEEDS to let the tank hold arrgo.

Grab a team and experiment.....i'd suggest starting
    w/ mantis queen/
    obedence enforcer/
    theone(bring calmer)
    notum trainee(placeholder)
    notum soldier
    diamondine trainee(placeholder)
    diamondine soldier
    smugg

till your team/raid group works out tactics and get's a feel for each other's abilitys...there kinda the lesser raid's befor you get up to the big puppy's.(mercs/beast/zods/inf dynas ect)

I think most vetren docs remember learning CH order's on small raids like that..there still good practice for helping new players get into raiding....and not so big that your gonna piss off 80 ppl if ya screw up in the learning process
    Last edited by drgrimmy; Jul 8th, 2005 at 04:54:24.
    drgrimmy 220/30 solitus doc(The Noid)

(insert witty comment here)

Ian Warr
    Soldier with high lvl adv or a little doc

Smug/Eel
    Soloable for almost every prof, you can kite him

The Zodiacs
    I think you would need arround 2 Teams beacause of the adds since 15.9

Lord of the Void
    Done it with 215 Adv+218 doc+ 220 MA

Soloable

Gelid the Inobak
    Soloable

Hezak The Immortal
    I think a Keeper soloed him once. Problem are the fanatics which you have to kill fast enough

Mantis Queen
    Very easy

Diamondine Soldier
    Soloable since you can kite

Razor and Xark the Battletoats
    Doable with a good soldier and a CR doc
    Spliffy SL 20 AI 20 SMG-Soldier -ELIMINATED- [Config] [Weapon]
    Norada Level SL 16 AI 16 -DELETED- Keeper[Config]
    Jackal Atrox MP [frozen] -TERMINATED-

Quote Originally Posted by sobeguy
    All nanomages are gimps.
    All traders should be nanomages.
    Therefore, all traders should be gimps.

Hmmm, traders are gimps - looks like everything is working as intended!

Quote Originally Posted by kartor
    not to hijack the thread but at what level could a mp solo mantis queen? (nanomage/has sl/AI & assuming i have a few SL levels)
    I solo'd the Mantis Queen at 201 or 202 as a nanomage MP, using Ettu. This was before AI came out.

The only other contribution I can offer to the thread is regarding Inobak and Hezak; a 220 keeper and I took them down working together. The other mobs listed I've either never tried (like LOTV) or never tried in very small groups (like mercs).
    If you're looking for any of these programs -
    ClickSaver, PetNamer, Anarchy Online Inventory System (AOIS), Character Profiler, Chat Alert, or Log Reviewer, you can find them at this website here.

Inobak is easy for a MP, level ~210 can solo it probably. With a MP a small group of TL6 can do it.

Hezak solo, I want to do that one day but fanatic spawn rate these days make it near impossible.
    Pompidou, Vanguard - Setup
    Zitrone, Deity (?) - PvP PvM

AO PvP Guide for beginners (by Silentslash)
    Waiting for LostEden... if it ever comes out!

Quote Originally Posted by Sheffy
    I watched a 200 Soldier solo Mantis Queen before Shadowlands launched so I know its possible at much lower now. It has to be.
    Did it at 150 in GA4 - took an hour as my damage then sucked, but was possible.

Gelid and the Dominus besides Hezak in IS are soloable with enough HP/heal delta/heals or NSD, just hit hard (Dominus) or nuke once in a while (Gelid). But no fanatics to deal with.
    The other two Dominus are easy with MP+DD/tank type, MP NSDs and deals with fanatics, DD kills boss.
    Think that tactic works for Hezak too, haven't tried it in a duo yet though, only in a three man team.
    Alreadythere setup
    Maellace setup
    Proud Board Member of Dark Front - Join us now!

Soloable Stuff

Pretty much every mob in the game is soloable, depending on your skill/class/eq/time ect ect ect...

The following I dont think are...(from what I have heard)

1. The Bio-Dome guy that has final Crat/MP pet
    - Supposedly he is the hardest single encounter in the game on RK...or most overpowered for risk/reward

2. The Beast (obviously) or anything leading up to the beast (Subjegator/Night Heart/ ect...well most of later pande)

3. The Cyborg Protector

4. General Kroloniss (or whatever his name is...and his flunkies)

5. Those guys that hang out by the cyborg protector/general...I forget the name (again) but you can't really see them, you just pick them up on tab scanning in the NE PW

I noticed that the Clan Modified A-4000 and Omni-Pol Juggernaught were left off your list. Was that because there wasn't a question or because they aren't that common?

Sorry if my post is missing a few things, Im doing this at work.
    Docarrific - Solitus - Level 144 Band-Aid RK1
    Warrenty - Nanomage - Level 86 - Executive Officer of Mass Destruction - RK1

Squadleader of the feared "Muffins of Doom"
    and General of the Shadow Atlantians

I'm taking bets on what I can and can't solo, send me a tell and prepare to pony up some dough
    Level Updated 1 Aug 05

Make a team? Go try? Have fun learning?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast