Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Remove /assist macro.

ok, since we're all enthused about this idea and we're talking about sweet code, how about this one:

Max number of players attacking player X = 6.

So, you run up to X and attack, 5 of your buddies do too, but the 7th guy has to wait till one of you disengages or finds a new target.

I was originally thinking 2 or 3, but that is pretty low, many profs can actually tank 2-3 players quite easily, notably doc, enf for a bit, advy and soldier.

But this would really, REALLY feed the paper/rock/scissors thing, and it would really put a hamper on gimps coming to Tara. It's also highly sploitable (i.e. roll 6 opposing faction toons, lock target and roll in unopposed).

That's so much more complicated and still a worse fix than simply removing /assist.

Don't you need another player within your vicinity to use /assist?

I've heard that's a rare situation these days.

It's simple, reading this thread, majority is greatly for removal of /assist

Kinda like pet hunt, it promotes people afking on raids and content...
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

u guys do know when im mb and i tab, its syncronized right? /assist will hurt multiboxers, but for me since i can still tab and have the same target i would have too much of an advantage over others. if u remove assist, u gotta remove tab too or else im too OP.

true, tab is also a bad mechanic,
    then again untill they give us a better targeting method , it will most likely stay
    Garden keys can be bought from the key locked garden vendor in case you have deleted your key.

Quote Originally Posted by Soju View Post
    u guys do know when im mb and i tab, its syncronized right? /assist will hurt multiboxers, but for me since i can still tab and have the same target i would have too much of an advantage over others. if u remove assist, u gotta remove tab too or else im too OP.
    I see no problem with this.

I saw your multiboxing twitch stream btw good job.

In any case, If you actively play multiple chars that's good for you, pretty much you are doing multiple work.

This has little to do with /assist, which is a barbaric tool of inattentive raiding.

People should be engaged, left clicking mobs while on a raid picking their targets, watching what others hit, team up and fire. Not just survive entire raid on /follow, /assist, Q, burst fling, fullauto, nuke, whateva on fourth button.

Multiboxing is only getting drama done because of few pvp events that happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

not only would you have to remove tab but mouse movement and clicking as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Pafpuf View Post
    Don't rage, maybe if we're lucky assist will be removed and all your fears will go away once you realize how unnecessary it was to begin with.
    I'm not raging. I just didn't see your reply warrant any real letters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomium View Post
    I say this with all love and humor, but...

haters gonna hate.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567