Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Remove /assist macro.

biggest problem i see about removing /Assist (ad yes it would be great in pvp) is in pwm raids on so on yeah offcause ppl can just tab around and it will probally work fine but as a doc im using /assist on the bosses ALOT to see if the agro changes (which it sometimes do alot) and if i cant use assist i cant see who got agro and if i dont know who got agro i cant heal him

and if i cant heal mhh then i dont think there will be many endgame raids

but yes i can also see the problem in pvp one of the major reason why you dont see me alot in towerbattles ohh a doc (random calller target me) 2 secs and dead
    pain is a illussion
    Rubydoc TL7 soli Doc [A]
    Diamonddog TL7 nm Doc [Retired 0 IPR]
    Diamondadv 150 soli adv Equip [A]

R.I.P Mafia you will be missed

Not everyone dies when they get called in PvP. Enforcers have too many HP to be instantly dead, Shades/MAs/Adventurers evade nicely, Docs heal like mad, NT die instantly.

No wonder sevent if fussy. But maybe if he made more friends on the forums people won't take such joy in calling him in PvP.
    Glarawyn L220 OT Adventurer
    It's good to be furry.
    ----
    Lilredhot L220 OT Enforcer
    Don't mind me, I tank without a helmet.
    ----
    Gunslinger19 L150 OT Soldier
    There's a word for people who think everyone's out to get them: perceptive.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubydoc
    biggest problem i see about removing /Assist (ad yes it would be great in pvp) is in pwm raids on so on yeah offcause ppl can just tab around and it will probally work fine but as a doc im using /assist on the bosses ALOT to see if the agro changes (which it sometimes do alot) and if i cant use assist i cant see who got agro and if i dont know who got agro i cant heal him

and if i cant heal mhh then i dont think there will be many endgame raids

but yes i can also see the problem in pvp one of the major reason why you dont see me alot in towerbattles ohh a doc (random calller target me) 2 secs and dead
    Good sum up.

Though I'd like more impressions from doctors specifically...as that is where my concern is.
    {Self-Moderated by Iolanthe}
    //220//19// ex nihilo, nihil fit

Proud Veteran of Tranquility
    RK-1's First 220 Hawt Solitus Shade
    Hawter than j00 and always right. Always.

-=Mottos to Troll by=-
    "I am Paper. Rock is fine. Nerf Scissors." "Shaddup before I smite you with scary logic bombs
    and keeel you with mind bullets." "You don't have to provide all sides of an arguement
    when the other perspectives are clearly bullsh*t."

Quote Originally Posted by Glarawyn
    Not everyone dies when they get called in PvP. Enforcers have too many HP to be instantly dead, Shades/MAs/Adventurers evade nicely, Docs heal like mad, NT die instantly.

No wonder sevent if fussy. But maybe if he made more friends on the forums people won't take such joy in calling him in PvP.
    Glara, not to contradict you, but in mass PvP, evades don't help much... at least with the effect of being AS'd by 15 different people at once (gross overdramatization).

I also only have minor NR to resist roots and what not (unlike every other profession, without certain perks, I can't survive PvM, so getting SD as a Shade is really not an option.. unless you have a main capable of farming that doesn't comprimise your PvP/PvM ability).

Though to be on point....I should say that I don't die every time I get called, but nearly every time, I do... but if I am rooted... and I don't have a personal jesus watching me or derooting me, I'm quite frankly screwed. But that's a mish-mashing of issues.

-=Mottos to Troll by=-
    "I am Paper. Rock is fine. Nerf Scissors." "Shaddup before I smite you with scary logic bombs
    and keeel you with mind bullets." "You don't have to provide all sides of an arguement

Totally agree with you there, except about NTs dying. NTs (especially NM ones, haha!) can get insane amounts of NR, making them nearly unrootable, which makes it easy for them to step back out of range when called.
    Nelle, RK2 Clan Keeper
    Triskweline, RK2 Clan NT
    Zubrus, Grumpy Old Crat

Iolanthe,

As a shade you have the misfortune of being on the front lines by necessity. There isn’t a lot you can do when you get called as a melee character except run and pray that you don’t get rooted.

As a ranged adventurer, I try to stay somewhat in the middle of the pack. I don’t have as far to run to get out of range of the horde of rifles and bows. (Bio Cocoon doesn’t hurt either, when it goes up in time…)

Triskweline,

True enough, but those NTs also have netoriously bad evades and low HP. If any character survives the initial volley of specials and roots, they have good odds of getting out of range. Low evade professions also have to contend with Full Autos from Soldiers and Adventurers, which can be as devistating as Aimed Shots when you're evades are behind the curve. Kinda a double whammy depending on your character setup.
    Glarawyn L220 OT Adventurer
    It's good to be furry.
    ----
    Lilredhot L220 OT Enforcer
    Don't mind me, I tank without a helmet.
    ----
    Gunslinger19 L150 OT Soldier
    There's a word for people who think everyone's out to get them: perceptive.

Iolanthe,

As a shade you have the misfortune of being on the front lines by necessity. There isn’t a lot you can do when you get called as a melee character except run and pray that you don’t get rooted.

As a ranged adventurer, I try to stay somewhat in the middle of the pack. I don’t have as far to run to get out of range of the horde of rifles and bows. (Bio Cocoon doesn’t hurt either, when it goes up in time…)
    Go go wolf form + GSF, GOGO! Yeah, as a shade. When I get called, I take a b-line to the opposite direction, so to avoid death. Its not that I don't trust my doctors, just that... I don't trust my doctors to be able to outheal that much damage that I don't evade But that's a shade specific issue with the lack of balence between offensive and evade abilities, that goes beyond the scope of this topic, so I'll quitely simmer on this

Though yes, as a ranged player... you do have some inherent advantages (and disadvantages)... flexibility to move is one of them... and sometimes, the need not to move (i.e. roots will kill melee if they land and if they aren't removed in time, and totally destroys the ability for the melee to do damage.. whilst with a ranged player, you still can attack and such, but any root on any player in a hostile enviroment will prove deadly at one time or another)

-=Mottos to Troll by=-

Quote Originally Posted by Triskweline
    Totally agree with you there, except about NTs dying. NTs (especially NM ones, haha!) can get insane amounts of NR, making them nearly unrootable, which makes it easy for them to step back out of range when called.
    Have 2.9 k NR fully buffed for pvp :P

Still doesnt helps when im moving from full hp to 0 hp in rounda 0.5 sec (thats with rrfe/ess/screenets) and then checking at reclaim 10 attack messages (which go something like Attacked by xxx. xxx hit you got xxxx points of Aimed Shot dmg.)

Its not about team pvp tactic ( )its about stupid mechanic that allows 20 people to instaattack same target even if 19 of them dont even know where the target is.
    Build a fire to somebody and you provide him with a heat and a light for a night. Put somebody on fire and you provide him with a heat and a light for the rest of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Iolanthe
    Glara, not to contradict you, but in mass PvP, evades don't help much... at least with the effect of being AS'd by 15 different people at once (gross overdramatization).
    hm ...
    for me the diff between 1500ish and 2200ish evades in towers is ....
    with 2.2kish i survive the laag to ams, with 1.5kish my ams executes when i arrive at reclaim.
    (only speaking laag wars, erm towers here)

Dark Front
    Deathstalker Owner of Spasmodic Assault Rifle
    Brucelee2003: Hit, switch target, hit, switch target, avoid pvp. Works.
    Divine001: That's not even funny DS. You're not welcome here.
    randomletter: people with AS/SA/dimach combos are dangers to an adv while other profs are totally immune
    randomletter: You only win due to the unfair crat advantage. Namely advs have 0 experience.

Quote Originally Posted by seventshadow
    Its not about team pvp tactic ( )its about stupid mechanic that allows 20 people to instaattack same target even if 19 of them dont even know where the target is.

If that was the case we wouldnt have tab..

God i tab so many things I don't know where they are most of the time

powerful necroing!

9 year old proof that fc ignores the community ^^
    Last edited by Pafpuf; Aug 4th, 2014 at 12:20:26. Reason: math fail

its like a mac donalds hamburger,

after a few years its still as good as new
    Garden keys can be bought from the key locked garden vendor in case you have deleted your key.

Maybe just set the requirement that if the target is another player character don't allow assist. If it's an NPC you can still solo Beast alone with your multiple accounts.

[EDIT]: In theory that would take very little coding and testing, but they may need to clear it with marketing first.
    Last edited by Gargle; Aug 17th, 2014 at 18:17:05.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomium View Post
    I say this with all love and humor, but...

haters gonna hate.

Wow, even nine years ago, PvPers were doing everything in their power to ruin this game for everyone.

Of course, back then, they didn't know that Funcom WOULD actually nerf PvM because of some crybabypeepants PvPer whining that he got killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pafpuf View Post
    9 year old proof that fc ignores the community ^^
    What if the community is divided? On this question I think it's not as simple as some want it to be.
    In order for anyone to die in a true mass pvp situation with gazillions of tons of aoe heals and team heals flying around in addition to the lag and ppl rooted everywhere, the entire game would have to be reworked. And we know how fast that goes.

I don't think thats true. Fight were quite a bit larger back then with far less offensive capabilities, and still people thought it was better then already. i don't think that the community was divided about this. there were concerns about other mechanics, but you guys really should real the thread - its not that long. it's all discussed in a rather reasonable way.

Quote Originally Posted by Iolanthe View Post
    Good sum up.

Though I'd like more impressions from doctors specifically...as that is where my concern is.
    Changing it so /assist "name" is no longer an option and just /assist is the only thing you can do will work just fine for doctors honestly. Having /assist will allow anyone to select a caller and have everyone call the first person but after that it will be random or team dependent as you will have to F2-6 to select your team caller and assist whatever they are killing.

We could live without it but it would be a hit to our raid healing. If FC allowed the use of nano programs via targets target docs could just enable that and not have to worry about assist. (not sure if we can already as I do not use it)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast