Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Feedback Thread: Ground Textures Upgade

In windows XP home, using the windows task manager, under the tab "performance"

I watched the graph for "CPU Usage History"

I was absolutely amazed at the huge blocks of 100% CPU usage just single logged........

inbetween were 0-3% usage with spikes to 100%

There is something going on here, but I'm not technical enough to figure it out unfortunately.

I run windowed 1280 x 1024
    AMD 3400+
    Win XP pro
    1.5 gig corsair xtreme mem
    Geforce 6800 Gt
    DSL xtreme
    Tergx 220 Atrox Trader | 220 Soli doc | 220 Enf & other toons
    Synergy Factor org ~ APPLY HERE

When readin replies in AO forums, just remember ........ there is no cure for stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Syyceria View Post
    Come on, it took me just 5 minutes to kill a level 178 MA with health-drains and trader pets...our toolset does work

Quote Originally Posted by octopuss
    funny pic indeed (and this is when AO started to unload already)

http://3web.dkm.cz/octopuss/img/AO/wtf.jpg

since when does client use 900mb of swap... when it only uses 250ish mb of ram...and I was wondering why I lag so much heh

While 16.0 was on test, I experienced this every ten minutes, my system would sieze up completely. I decided to observe system usage for it and found that it was taking about that time for AO's memory usage to break the 1 gig mark, not long after that my system would crash.
    Uni "Unixint80" Idoru, 206/13 Neutral NT Veteran of Shattered Dreams
    What I've Got My Perk Setup My Nuke Setup (All slightly outdated)

FREE BOREALIS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by octopuss
    funny pic indeed (and this is when AO started to unload already)

http://3web.dkm.cz/octopuss/img/AO/wtf.jpg

since when does client use 900mb of swap... when it only uses 250ish mb of ram...and I was wondering why I lag so much heh
    hum, how do you get task manager to show you those things?
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Well I guess you're not talking about the language
    If you open it, then go view (guess thats the name of the menu) -> choose (or pick or whatever) columns, and you can make it show almost whatever you want.
    "Many philosophical problems are caused by such things as the simple inability to shut up."
    I am Luciesa - Octowuss - Ssupotco

still addicted since 2001-07-03 11:55:38

What can I say.... old Old Athens always make me sad and make me feel like I am an oppresed char in an oppresed City, but now with all those changes it make me think about some Omni intrusion in rebuilding of Old Athen... It seem we clans lose step by step our identity... throw now more rains and I feal like in Rome

Well the patch todat Oct.12 2005 did wonders for the problems I was having from the "new graphics" patch. The only fix mentioned was the lag occuring when doors opened. This fix worked all over for me.

I can have 2 tons on follow on another toon in BS (home) and fly around like normal. I can zone into OA and not lag for the first 3-7 min. I ran some RK missions and noticed they ran fine dual-logged in window mode. I'm happy so far

GJ FC !!!!!!!!

Still gota test some other instances but so far so good.

When readin replies in AO forums, just remember ........ there is no cure for stupid

Come on, it took me just 5 minutes to kill a level 178 MA with health-drains and trader pets...our toolset does work

^^^

on medium graphic settings it runs decent, but full graphics still causes alot of lag

disconnected 20 times tonight on TW with a 15 MB con...

GJ FC

Day after the fix patch it was nice. Today 10/13/2005 was just a big lag session with LDs thrown in for good measure. It's really disgusting.

I would have the crazy lag just single logged, and with my agent + doc in a (dual logged) mission.............when my agent got close enough to a door that instance would lag for a while and I couldn't minimize to switch to my doc. WHen the lag was passed, agent was dead as usual from a mob just hitting on you for quite a few seconds and you do nothing.

Today this game is basically unplayable like before the fix for me.
    Makes it hard to wanna log in when you know you cant do what you want because FC did something to the performance of the game

Just do what is needed to fix whatever is causing the lag/performance issues so we can all play.

I run windowed 1280 x 1024
    AMD 3400+
    Win XP pro
    1.5 gig corsair xtreme mem
    Geforce 6800 Gt
    DSL xtreme

Generally, the new ground textures are running smoothly. I have noticed the swap fole overusage as some others have but I run very fast drives and it's not really that noticable for me except when ao shuts down and the swap file is cleaned from the drive or whatever.

A few comments on the new ground textures:

That bright green in deserts is a little out of place. In the distance (beyond 100% geound drtail distance) the old yellow ground texture colours etc are still used. It makes a marked line appear where the detail rises to full.

Having the brighter and more distinct colours makes the ground tiles much more noticable. ie: Very square and lego-ish.

It makes the odd ground texture that is mis-oriented (90 or 180 degrees out of alignment) VERY noticeable as you run past. I will start keeping a record of these incidences, their PF and their co-ords as I run past. Most noticable seems to be Wailing Wastes tho (maybe because it's one of the few PF's I am frequently running across instead of flying across in a yalm).

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910