Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nasc mob question - I must have revenge

Nasc mob question - I must have revenge

Ok, even though I've tried searching every combination of words I thought would apply, I've found nothing, so after a year, I think it's ok if I go ahead and ask...

Every once in a while, y'all have seen that mortiig mob that pops up in Nasc, right? It appears between Mil and Brawl, is about 110-ish. I have to ask, where does this thing come from? Is it some mob somebody trained from somewhere? And if so, from where?

I only see it randomly, but it's killed many a toon o' mine. It's way past payback time. Okay, maybe I take stuff a little too personally . But I know most of you understand my desire for revenge.
    Solrekka - Taking the Scenic Route to 220
    Proud Member of Peace $ Love, Inc.!

"And so he says to me, 'I don't like the cut of your jib.' And I go, I says, 'IT'S THE ONLY JIB I GOT, BABY!!'"
    "We aren't unhappy, we're unpleasant." -My brother

He's not trained there...he lives there

Not sure of the respawn time....

but the bastered killed me once. I came back to kill him once i got above level 100. It WAS fun to get revenge.

It's a regular mob that wanders on a set path in Mil and the island over where the hecklers are, I think.

I saw a level 80ish crat take the best revenge - he charmed it.

It doesn't drop anything, but like you, I kill it whenever I run by just out of spite for all the deaths I died at its hands.

there are mobs in shadowlands, wo dont just go around randomly, but they always go on the same path, like the Horror at stormshelter in elysium, or some dryads

the coolest thing i saw, when 2 horse-looking sl entity was following each other when the "sun" was going down, like they went to hide from "teh creatures in teh nite"
    6E 61 6E 6F-6D 61 67 65-20 66 69 78-65 72 2C 20 77 61 72 72-69 6F 72 20-6F 66 20 63-79 62 65 72 73 70 61 63-65
    The immortal one is Love.
    The immortal one is Hate.
    The immortal one is me.
    Embrace me and i shall embrace thou
    _..-=>My guide for the fixer grid <=-.._
    gorkamorka!

Just for reference, its name is Ran-Roth Ur. As far as I know, he starts near the Redeemed Statue near Lord of the Void, patrols up past Mil, across Nascence Wilds toward Brawl, turns around, and goes back to LotV. Rumor has it he'll stay near LotV for a few minutes, then make his patrol again.

There's also a similar mob in Frontier, a big green spider named Hwall. I'm not sure about his path, but he didn't take long cutting down my new soldier alt when I tried a shot at him near the spirits.
    Feurix 220/22 Enforcer :: Naphalus 131/16 Engineer :: Geruka xxx/xx Soldier

General of Asgard.

[Team] Galdethi: "Feurix is tanking? ok sure *runs to save* yeah ill brt!"

Hwall usually sits in an alcove near the Hiathlins, but does wander from there. I've seen him down near the sunken spirit ruins too. He's also 110 iirc, and just like Ran-Roth, seems to be designed to eat lowbies and be something they can get revengy on later
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Quote Originally Posted by Littlemax
    It doesn't drop anything, but like you, I kill it whenever I run by just out of spite for all the deaths I died at its hands.
    not True! He drops UBER Monster Parts!!!11oneoneeleventyone xD
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    Halp halp a prof i used too kill with 12345 just pwned me halp

You hit Bbyron for 1337 points of poison damage.Critical hit!
    Ninjamancer: 215/17 Neutral Opi Agent. (the ubermain) Equip
    Lightwielder: 190/9 Neutral Soli Keeper. (the uberalt)
    Kitsunekid: 60/6 Omni Soli Soldier. (the wtfuberalt) Equip
    Faefighter:Testserver Omni Opi MA. (Crit, Crit, Evade, Splat! )

Quote Originally Posted by Littlemax
    I saw a level 80ish crat take the best revenge - he charmed it.
    Except you can't charm unique/boss mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilDead
    I swear I saw it with my own little eyes in the last year, but I guess there's a fast way to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilDead
    He's neither a boss nor a unique.

Actually once (about 10 months ago) I found a Ring of Computing on the corpse of Ran-Roth Ur. But then I killed him a few times and he didn't drop anything useful.

Hwall hates me. He always kills my new toons when I'm talking to the b***chy scientist woman to start my Thrak key.
    Aratink 220/30 Fixer
    Proud General of Dark Front
    Clanslator
    Quote Originally Posted by Kijomimi
    See? It all starts with you doing something stupid. Maybe if you were not so stupid, you would have less problems.

http://img228.imageshack.us/my.php?i...crn00195zs.png

There he is beating the snot out of my bot, luckily I had another shell ready & a much higher lvl MP with a heal pet on me, I got my revenge on him early

I love the /tell in that screenshot
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Now please, go hide into empty can of tomato juice, mail yourself to Mexico, and dont forget to write on a package "i'm looking for a clue".
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Seriously, did you think before posting, or did ... you just [smash] your face into the keyboard a few times then hit Submit?

Yeah, it took a while for me to kill him, but I did it with the heal pet on me. Been a while, but I'm pretty sure it took 2 bots to do it, I had to kite him a bit. I usually always had an extra shell at that level, especially when doing hecks, but I had to run a bit, put a buff on the bot, run a bit, buff then send the bot in. Was real fun /disco'n on his corpse!

Ran Roth Ur and Hwall are big meanies. It's only on a new toon that I've actually come across Hwall, and he ate me for lunch several times. Got so annoyed that I ran my shade out there and whacked him.

Sorta funny though, having big monsters like that in Nasc.
    A murder of grims for all occasions.
    Neutral chars: grimstad 220.21 shade/ brothergrim 215.23 doc/ grimgriminy 217.17 crat
    Account closed

Time and again they cream your liquidation, your displacement, your torture and brutal execution with the ultimate insult that it's just business, it's politics, it's the way of the world, it's a tough life, and that it's nothing personal.

Well, f**k them. Make it personal.

heh, I've saved many a newbie running away screaming from Ran-Roth-Ur in my odd trips thru Nasc.... I always seem to get there right as the poor guys about to die and wtfpwn Ran-Roth... fun watching them /prostrate to me
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    Halp halp a prof i used too kill with 12345 just pwned me halp

You hit Bbyron for 1337 points of poison damage.Critical hit!
    Ninjamancer: 215/17 Neutral Opi Agent. (the ubermain) Equip
    Lightwielder: 190/9 Neutral Soli Keeper. (the uberalt)
    Kitsunekid: 60/6 Omni Soli Soldier. (the wtfuberalt) Equip
    Faefighter:Testserver Omni Opi MA. (Crit, Crit, Evade, Splat! )

i want to get revenge from Hwall, but I can never find him...saw him on the Test server and followed him around, to find out his path...then logged on RK1 and looked for him, and he wasn't there...

know what you mean. i cant find that big green meanie anywhere either

Note to Self: Go whack on Ran-Roth , me and him have a score to settle

hmm I think 185 MP should be able to Gank him with ease
    After ToTW
    A Guide To ToTW

There is a lot of grey beween usefull and useless.
    Mortiigs of SL UNITE! We WILL fling poo at you!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast